What's the best way to use my DBV?..SSV?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnDoeHoe22

Hello everyone and thank you for viewing my thread.
My DBV will be arriving tomorrow from UPS. After much research I still could not find some answers I'm looking for, hopefully you all could help answer them. Now these questions are all for the DBV, but since I know a lot of people have the SSV I'm sure many answers are similiar.

1.-Where is the best place to put the DBV? (on floor, on table, what kind of surface?)
I don't have a table to put it on, but I have a hardwood floor. Would it be good to sit it on the floor? or would it be better I put it on top of a textbook or something?

2. Should I pack the bud in tight or just put it in loosely?(DBV)

3. Do I need to stir the bud after a few hits with DBV?

4. I hear a lot of people sayng that vaporizers are good for their schwag or mids but for their better primo bud they want to use a bong. Why is this? I mostly use primo or high potent stuff like Purple Haze. Should I use some bud that's not as good? Why?

That's about all the questions I have, thanks all very much.

JohnDoeHoe22,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Set it on your desk, somewhere you might set a mug. Wherever is comfortable and safe.

Load it loose, and gently tamp down after. Stirring after each hit is ideal, but not necessary. Sometimes I just give my wand a lil' shake.

Not sure on your last one.... rephrase perhaps.

SpiralArchitect,

tokinGLX

JohnDoeHoe22 said:
4. I hear a lot of people sayng that vaporizers are good for their schwag or mids but for their better primo bud they want to use a bong.
i am willing to bet most, if not all of those people do not have a quality vaporizer, or they just tried a bowl of the good weed as they were passing by a vape at a party.....
basically, in my opinion, the better pot you have, the better it will vape vs smoke.

tokinGLX,

JohnDoeHoe22

Alright thanks a lot guys.

I have just one other question I forgot to ask.

I noticed in an instructional video on youtube it says to run the SSV for 30 mins at full temp. before the first use. Is this the same for DBV and should the whip be attached when waiting the 30 mins? Do I just plug it in and crank it to full temp. right away or should I let it heat at a low temp before going full?

Thanks a lot.

JohnDoeHoe22,

TeddyJackEddy

I own a DBV and I'll pass along my 2 cents. I agree with SA, put the DBV on a desk or somewhere similar.

Regarding loading, I use the vacuum method. Grind up the herb and then vacuum up what I need into the wand. I don't bother tamping it down, just hook it up and go.

I will usually vape about 6 to 8 hits and then stir. There is no need to stir after every hit. TokinGLX knows a lot more about the SSV and the DBV and I think he stirs more often using the SSV than the DBV. I think it's due to the difference in the airflow on the two units, but I'm not positive. The DBV has a wider airflow and therefore no need to stir as much as with the SSV. At least that is my understanding.

When I first got the DBV I think the instructions said to run it on high for 10 to 15 minutes, not 30 minutes. I believe it was to burn off any misc stuff. Would have to find my instructions to know for sure. No, did not need to hook up the wand to the vape during the burn off period.

Hope that helps. Think you'll really like the DBV. Took a while for me to find the 'zone' for exact temp and draw speed, but once you find it you won't want to leave. :)

TeddyJackEddy,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom