NFC Whatcha doin' while you're isolated? The Quarantine Thread

ginolicious

I’m living a sad and boring life haha. Monday to Friday go to work. Play Animal Crossing on the Switch for a few hours till it dies. Work. Come home. Play with my kids. Vape some bowls after they go to bed. Weekends I let my daughter sleep with me in the basement and we stay late at night watching videos. Or her playing on her iPad as I game. Try to make it special for her you know. Take them for walks and bike rides on the weekend. Try to stay somewhat active.

ginolicious

@GinoLicious was your area a hotzone? My gym sent out emails reading to all members, temperature checks will b administered upon entering facility and face masks are to b worn at all times. Cancelled my membership after that email.

Nah not really a hot zone. I live outside of a major city. We have about 520 total infected. And out of that only 140 are active and have recovered. Excluding the 27 deaths as well.

Gigsabits57

Good thread. I have to say that this quarantine has been a struggle for me. I normally work from home so that has not been the change for me. I have not seen either of my kids in over a month. I have a daughter with a chronic lung issue, she would probably not survive Covid19. I have no idea when I will be able to give her a hug again. Hell, I cant even be in the same room with her. Just too many unknowns and lots of anxiety to deal with, unfortunately.

Thank God for Cannabis:) and the guitar! I have been practicing more, which I think is helping me cope.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
nugs Livestreams...

Never miss a Sunday Show- Widespread MuthaFucking Panic

Dinner and a Show (Tuesday)- Phish

Friday Night Cheese- String Cheese Incident

One More Saturday Night - Dead.

Also had some time to practice slight of hand. Mostly card work.
Any of you familiar with Richard Turner?

Zoned89

I was furloughed, so I’ve had slot of free time to clean, read, try eating better. I noticed my gaming problem because worse lol, I normally game from 10pm (family finally goes to bed) until 4-5am, every day. Only need like, 4 hours of sleep and I’m Gucci.
Well now I’m playing easily 2x that (best Skyrim vr!!) so anytime I play, I walk in place. It’s not much, but it’s honest work (maybe)
I’ve also redone my entire reptile system, rewired everyone’s cages up, and ordered a few new enclosures for my growing cold babies

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Todays lockdown activities are brought to you via the cinematic double bill of Come To Daddy (2019), and Goodnight Mommy (2014), and by me starting my remix of some samples from the film Twilights Last Gleaming. Just started watching Come to Daddy.

Beautiful, beautiful...

Full film here -

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
I lived a fairly isolated before all this mess. I’m a farmer of sorts and life on the farm hasn’t slowed much due to Covid. My wife’s business is currently being run from home and not wanting outsiders in the house has caused child care to fall heavily in her lap. We have a 3 and a 2 year old and the wife is 9 months pregnant with our third child. Her biggest fear right now is having Covid while giving birth. Not likely but a valid concern I suppose. Needless to say its been interesting but strangely I get the feeling that one day these will be the good old days for us. Sadly for many others this is not the case. I did find time to finish up our back patio/fire pit/ bbq area/ landscaping. I hauled every rock off the mountain on our property in my side x side .
0-FBB3217-21-F4-4-C99-8476-4-D661-DDD1-F95.jpg

98-CC132-B-60-D8-468-F-92-A3-DCDC7-E457567.jpg

Zoltani

These past 2 months have passed in a blur. Still working during the week but weekends just hanging out at home, playing with my kid during the day, watching movies and playing games. Pretty standard stuff. Finally went for a long hike and summited the tallest peak around here yesterday, kicked my ass.

Not having luck posting a YouTube link, but do yourself a favor: get vaped and watch J-Men Forever on YouTube

It's a movie made up of a bunch of old serials dubbed over and edited together. The story is about the J-Men trying to save the world from the lightning bug, a creature from the moon that is trying to take over with hash and rock & roll!

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
90% of my work is in senior centers or in peoples homes. I haven't been allowed entrance into a senior facility in 2 months (which is the right thing), and I have only been in a couple of homes that had no elderly or compromised and needed urgent help. I have helped those I could over the web or over the phone.

Been watching way too much TV and spending way too much time online. I have gained 10 pounds. I never leave the house without a mask and hand sanitizer. I spend as much time around animals as I can to help with depression. It helps. Quarantine sucks, but I wouldn't dream of pretending it isn't absolutely necessary.

Zoned89

90% of my work is in senior centers or in peoples homes. I haven't been allowed entrance into a senior facility in 2 months (which is the right thing), and I have only been in a couple of homes that had no elderly or compromised and needed urgent help. I have helped those I could over the web or over the phone.

Been watching way too much TV and spending way too much time online. I have gained 10 pounds. I never leave the house without a mask and hand sanitizer. I spend as much time around animals as I can to help with depression. It helps. Quarantine sucks, but I wouldn't dream of pretending it isn't absolutely necessary.
I feel you on this man. I’ve done similar Work in the past And I can’t imagine trying to do that during all this mess.
I’ve been furloughed like and In my house since early March and took time off just before that, so effectively I’ve been inside for over 3 months, delivery groceries mask all that. Luckily on the animal front we have tons of reptiles and some saltwater, so I’ve been busy with all of them, and my snakes have gotten some much needed hand time. It’s hard doing this feeling like I’m trying to not get anyone else sick, as I’m very likely not high risk, and then see people touching their face, coughing and yelling at all these poor retail people.
Never thought I’d live through something like this. Hope everyone is staying safe and staying sane Out there.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I'm basically on an extended paid vacation for the time being. It sounds great but it's getting a little old honestly. I've been catching up on movies and Netflix and have been reading a bunch of older threads on FC trying to absorb some of that knowledge in case it disappears.

Top Bottom