What to do about the shills

okydokes

Calling members "shills" is against forum rules. Warning point issued.
I’ve been on here more than usual the last couple weeks because I’m researching my Xmas purchases. The shilling is ridiculous. There are people who post daily about their vapes that are promotional in nature. Minor, reasonable critiques are countered by these same folk like someone insulted their mum. They claim they aren’t shills but they are. Are they getting paid? No idea, but some of them tag in manufactures to their fawning posts, they expect something for that. I suspect some of them are unpaid and simply want to curry favour with manufacturers. I hope you aren’t doing this for free. And yes it is insulting to suggest someone is a shill. And yes shills do exist. Are you one? Cool, I’m insulting you. Your a parasite.

This place always had those who would fight for their favourite vape and that’s ok, my vapes better than your vape. But it’s beyond that when their are a those who police criticism .

How many times do you need to say the evo is the best, every day? How many times do you need to say fp is end of game.

I had a mod pull me up for double post which was helpful , do they recognise that a few people have made this forum useless (although it has a useful archive)? How come these cats don’t get banned for shilling?

In conclusion. fuckcombustion has fallen. The shills are responsible. Used to trust this place. Can’t trust shills can you?
Get rid of the shills
Peace

Calling members "tards" breaks our Be Nice rule. Warning point issued.
I found that to be true the day I arrived. Lot of fun people and not the worst forum on the net. But a REVIEW forum?? NOT. Like you said, praise is allowed in multiple posts after post and over and over and over. However, if you post something bad more than once.... you get a warning and told to take it private. So, a new reader would be falsely mislead to believe a vape is better than it actually might be because he sees 10 pages of praise and only 1 complaint. So, yeah, I agree it's pretty useless as far as accurate info goes.

However, I don't think calling them shills is entirely correct (and perhaps even a little rude in this case). Most of them are simply tards with no life who praise a vape like it's a god. And, it pretty much is, in their world since they probably have no real social life. They're really just fan boys, more so than shills. Similar to shills but they don't do it for profit or with any kind of malice. Yes, they insult you when you challenge one of their 'gods'. But, wouldn't most?

Most of the members here are pretty cool. Just act like you're at a tard convention and feel sorry for the worst cases.

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
shill
(shĭl) Slang
n.

1. One who poses as a satisfied customer or an enthusiastic gambler to dupe bystanders into participating in a swindle.
2. One who publicly promotes another's cause, especially in an extravagant or misleading way.
v. shilled, shill·ing, shills
v.intr.
To act as a shill.
v.tr.
1. To act as a shill for (a deceitful enterprise).
2. To lure (a person) into a swindle.

fanboy
(ˈfænˌbɔɪ)
n
informal
an overly-obsessive male fan of music, film, etc.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I've just handed out a couple of warning points in this thread for calling members "shills" and "tards" which violated our Be Nice rule.

If you think that a member is an actual legitimate shill, do not call them out publicly; rather report the post and let the staff deal with it.

:peace:

Last edited:

Baron23

I’ve been on here more than usual the last couple weeks because I’m researching my Xmas purchases. The shilling is ridiculous. There are people who post daily about their vapes that are promotional in nature. Minor, reasonable critiques are countered by these same folk like someone insulted their mum. They claim they aren’t shills but they are. Are they getting paid? No idea, but some of them tag in manufactures to their fawning posts, they expect something for that. I suspect some of them are unpaid and simply want to curry favour with manufacturers. I hope you aren’t doing this for free. And yes it is insulting to suggest someone is a shill. And yes shills do exist. Are you one? Cool, I’m insulting you. Your a parasite.

This place always had those who would fight for their favourite vape and that’s ok, my vapes better than your vape. But it’s beyond that when their are a those who police criticism .

How many times do you need to say the evo is the best, every day? How many times do you need to say fp is end of game.

I had a mod pull me up for double post which was helpful , do they recognise that a few people have made this forum useless (although it has a useful archive)? How come these cats don’t get banned for shilling?

In conclusion. fuckcombustion has fallen. The shills are responsible. Used to trust this place. Can’t trust shills can you?
Get rid of the shills
Peace
And your high quality contributions to the content of this board is where exactly?

vapirtoo

Good weed makes us all temporary "Tards" so what the fuck!
I really do not know of any shills. We all have subjective views and feelings about vapes and weed and that is good. I've picked up some awesome vapes on the members reviews, and I have no regrets.
Come on folks, we should know by now the real members and the fan boys. The latter cannot stand the scrutiny of our members and just fade away. IMHO

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Wow. This thread is ridiculous. I hope the OP and friends are happy with themselves, because they sound exactly like what they are complaining about. lol, WTF everyone?!? :shrug:

I've been called the equivalent of a shill here for just sharing my opinions many times. You who want to call these names can go love yourselves, because these whiny posts from you are about as much that (and absolutely nothing more) as anything else you want to accuse the rest of us of doing. Again...look in a mirror, and then recognize why you should shut the fuck up. (and, if you don't recognize why, then that is a VERY clear indicator that you are one of the individuals that desperately needs to shut the fuck up)

This is not cool, people :puke:

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Like you said, praise is allowed in multiple posts after post and over and over and over. However, if you post something bad more than once.... you get a warning and told to take it private.

I can't let this stand.

This blatantly distorts what happens. Yes, if you have a beef with a manufacturer you are allowed to post once and then you are supposed to take it to PMs. The reason is simple: we do not want FC to be a platform to bully a manufacturer. ("If you don't make me happy I'll tell everyone you're a terrible company and I'll keep repeating it until you do!") You have Reddit for that. To suggest that you can't post something bad more than once, however, is absolute nonsense. Have you actually read any threads here?

okydokes

Not nice. Warning point issued.
Predictable, and pretty funny.
I did not insult anyone but mod pulls me up. How many shills have you warned? There are undoubtedly shills here. Thriftdrifters definitions could help you.
The shills and fanboys stay here where they are welcome, others don’t simply fade away. They go to VLF or vapor asylum (asylum from?).
Your rep is well earned.
Good day sirs! (you got to be males) :)

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
How many shills have you warned?
We don't warn shills, we simply ban them (and we've banned plenty).

Your reply tells me that you still do not understand our rules and has earned you another warning point. This gives you a few days off which should give you plenty of time to read the rules that you agreed to when you signed up. When (if) you do finally read the rules, you should take note of the part where it mentions public discussion of moderator actions is not permitted. In other words, your post above should've been a reply to the PM I sent you, not a public post which is point-worthy in and of itself.

:peace:

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
IME best way to deal with shills and fanboy is the « ignore » feature (click on the account, then ignore), posts from ignored accounts aren’t visible anymore :)

Unfortunately some dishonest manufacturers offer free stuff in exchange of fake honest reviews and general propaganda. this appeal to some fellow FCers that values free stuff more than intellectual honesty. none can do anything to stop them, but we can ignore them

Last edited:

Tranquility

The shills and fanboys stay here where they are welcome, others don’t simply fade away. They go to VLF or vapor asylum (asylum from?).

My goodness, Federalism of blogs, what will they think of next? For me, it seems a good thing there are many blogs on the same topic that differ in content. For example, some might find moderators/owners who pimp THEIR favorite vapes to be more of a problem than members who do the same. (Something that doesn't happen here as far as I've seen.) Maybe Gozer was right, we choose the form of [our] destructor.

Tranquility,

Ramahs

Is that a Ghostbusters reference?

It has to be!

Gozer the Traveler. He will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldrini, the traveler came as a large and moving Torg! Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the McKetrick supplicants, they chose a new form for him: that of a giant Slor! Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
It has to be!

Gozer the Traveler. He will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldrini, the traveler came as a large and moving Torg! Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the McKetrick supplicants, they chose a new form for him: that of a giant Slor! Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

You quoted Vinz Clortho , key master of Gozer...one of my favorite quotes. I used to drive people crazy with this one...lol

Still verbalize this, along with numerous other movie and book quotes from time to time, just to make sure my old brain is still functioning at a level I'm happy with...lol

Ramahs

You quoted Vinz Clortho , key master of Gozer...one of my favorite quotes. I used to drive people crazy with this one...lol

Still verbalize this, along with numerous other movie and book quotes from time to time, just to make sure my old brain is still functioning at a level I'm happy with...lol

Exactly right!

Top Bottom