What should my next desktop device be?

Terpaholic

Hey Everyone,
Looking for some opinions/advice on what my next desktop device should be from some people that have had more experience than myself with hitting different vapes. I have a taroma 360 and a dani fusion v2, I've enjoyed both of them thoroughly and haven't gone back to combustion since but I find the taroma can be a bit harsh on the throat with daily use. I have tried putting on different dry ashcatchers and have tried different glass (cage elephant from ritual, tag 12" super slit).I'm ready to pick something else up (that can still deliver big rips but is a bit smoother for regular use) to integrate in my routine and would appreciate any advice in doing so. I have looked at the phase 3 zx in the past, also have looked into some different log vapes (never hit a log vape before though so i'm not sure how I will like it) . I have a pretty high tolerance & usually go for a single hit extraction. For my price range I'd like to stay around 2 or 300. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Terpaholic,
Reactions: cannasoor

Texus

When I tried a log for the first time, I asked myself why it took me sooo long. Based on what you describe, something like a Nano XL or Couchlog would be good options. Tho CL might be above what you'd prefer to pay. Both are great for flavor. But nothing IME hits as hard as a ball vape.

For a vape I still consider a heavy hitter that isn't a ball vape, I remain a huge fan of the Herborizer.

Or if it pairs well with your Taroma, you may also want to consider an Electropath to use with it.

Out of your price range unless you find a used one, but you might also want to check out a Vapbong/OAB. Big unique wide open airflow.

Hippie

Before you go spending money
Have you tried setting the 360 screen at different depths ?
I find it makes a big difference to the flavour of you set it lower and play around with the timings of your draw, as the temp drops and recovers after putting the head on the bowl.

Terpaholic

When I tried a log for the first time, I asked myself why it took me sooo long. Based on what you describe, something like a Nano XL or Couchlog would be good options. Tho CL might be above what you'd prefer to pay. Both are great for flavor. But nothing IME hits as hard as a ball vape.

For a vape I still consider a heavy hitter that isn't a ball vape, I remain a huge fan of the Herborizer.

Or if it pairs well with your Taroma, you may also want to consider an Electropath to use with it.

Out of your price range unless you find a used one, but you might also want to check out a Vapbong/OAB. Big unique wide open airflow.
Thanks Texus, I feel like I probably need a log for the collection I like the concept and look of them. Those herborizers a super badass, I'm kind of scared of all the glass but they definitely caught my attention.
Before you go spending money
Have you tried setting the 360 screen at different depths ?
I find it makes a big difference to the flavour of you set it lower and play around with the timings of your draw, as the temp drops and recovers after putting the head on the bowl.
I've messed with it a bit, was using the titanium bowl for a while then I went back to the glass and definitely noticed it was a good bit smoother. I have tried a few different screen positions but I will tinker with it some more and see if I can dial it in any better. I appreciate the tip.

Terpaholic,
Reactions: cannasoor

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I have looked at the phase 3 zx in the past

People tell me all the time that their titanium ball vapes were giving them lots of uncomfortable harshness until they switched to my ZX.

I actually started PHASE3 because the best you could get was grade 2 titanium and I figured nobody else would build a device to these high standards if I didn’t.

Texus

Thanks Texus, I feel like I probably need a log for the collection I like the concept and look of them. Those herborizers a super badass, I'm kind of scared of all the glass but they definitely caught my attention.
Yeah, but the core Herbo is nice and durable. I do recommend buying an extra injector or so, especially if you are looking at a big shipping bill. But they are cheap.

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
Another vote for the zx from me too if it's already on your radar. If you find the glass taroma bowl smoother than the ti one, it could well be materials related in which case you should try some glass or zirconia vapes to see what you think.

Texus

Tho, gotta say that for a ball vape, I find I prefer a diffuser design to an injector these days. Have found that my preference is to have the heated balls and coil closer to the flower.

So Cloud Conneseiur or TKO kind of design.

But they aren't scaling things down like the Phase3. Pros and cons of each approach. Good to have choices.

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
I guess you've never tried a phase 3 injector then? They have thoughtful design in that regard.

The taper is cut down to approximately a third of the normal length. The load then sits at the bottom, or higher up for a smaller load, of the joint. An additional advantage of this design is the head loses much less energy to the bowl keeping the bowl cooler and the focus on convection. If you pair it with a phase 3 bowl the internal dimensions are consistent from the heater matrix to the load which minimise the lighter roasted edge you see with a lot of injectors and gives you a similar experience to a diffuser.

I admit I still haven't used a diffuser style head but getting the load closer is not something I've wished for with my phase 3 heads, or either of the inV heads I had that predated them.

Top Bottom