What new vaporizer to buy? (Canada)

Teaturtle

Hi,

I live in Canada and am hunting for a new vaporizer. My first and last one, the Silver Surfer Vape, is 6 years old now and its knob is faulty. I'm looking for something hopefully under 300 CAD, healthy, has an easy draw, reliable to live a long time, vapes dry grinded up herbs, and has a readable temperature (so I can consistently know my sweet spot). I vape only with my wife and portability/stealth/aesthetic isn't important. We've been accustomed to vaping with a whip and it's been fine with the SSV so far. I just don't like the knob or the price.

Locally I've come across very few desktop vapes. Mainly just the Volcano at a whopping 600 CAD and some portables like the Arizer Solo 2 at 280 CAD. Since I assume something at home plugged into the wall will last longer I'm aiming there, and have found the E-Nano recommended online (around 220 CAD + hopefully no border fees). Another recommendation from the medical cannabis place here is the VapirRise 2.0 and I can get it online for 240.

So far I'm pretty close to getting the E-Nano, from what I've been reading, unless someone can vouch for the VapirRise 2.0 or something else.

If I go for the E-Nano, what accessory is best? The "All glass honey-comb screen" or the "Long stem adjustable stainless steel screen"? Pretty sure I don't want anything bong-related; I could be wrong but I think it's worse for your health, so I skipped those accessories. Just confused what adjustable means and if I should order anything else in their accessories category.

I'm open to any help on this decision. Thanks

lazylathe

Almost there...
Hi,

I live in Canada and am hunting for a new vaporizer. My first and last one, the Silver Surfer Vape, is 6 years old now and its knob is faulty. I'm looking for something hopefully under 300 CAD, healthy, has an easy draw, reliable to live a long time, vapes dry grinded up herbs, and has a readable temperature (so I can consistently know my sweet spot). I vape only with my wife and portability/stealth/aesthetic isn't important. We've been accustomed to vaping with a whip and it's been fine with the SSV so far. I just don't like the knob or the price.

Locally I've come across very few desktop vapes. Mainly just the Volcano at a whopping 600 CAD and some portables like the Arizer Solo 2 at 280 CAD. Since I assume something at home plugged into the wall will last longer I'm aiming there, and have found the E-Nano recommended online (around 220 CAD + hopefully no border fees). Another recommendation from the medical cannabis place here is the VapirRise 2.0 and I can get it online for 240.

So far I'm pretty close to getting the E-Nano, from what I've been reading, unless someone can vouch for the VapirRise 2.0 or something else.

If I go for the E-Nano, what accessory is best? The "All glass honey-comb screen" or the "Long stem adjustable stainless steel screen"? Pretty sure I don't want anything bong-related; I could be wrong but I think it's worse for your health, so I skipped those accessories. Just confused what adjustable means and if I should order anything else in their accessories category.

I'm open to any help on this decision. Thanks

I would recommend the HerbalAire Elite.
Made in Canada and lasts forever!

The Elite model has an LCD display for temp readout while the older models have an adjustment dial.
They do whips and bags and can easily connect to a bong!

Check out the threads on this forum and the guides!

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/herbalaire.276/

http://fuckcombustion.com/resources/herbalaire-elite-review.8/

http://fuckcombustion.com/resources/herbalaire-h2-2-review-with-high-output-kit.6/

Teaturtle

Have you checked out the Arizer Extreme Q? Not only is it made in Canada, this desktop unit uses whips or bags. It's $200. See it here.

Thank you for your suggestion. It's coming up 240 CAD when I visit the link probably because it detects I'm in Canada. Nano would be around 240 also. I checked a few posts comparing the two. People seem to like the E-Nano but recommend the Q if you are having guests. Since it's just my wife and I, I'll probably stick with the Nano.

I did just read: "Outside the US ... you may need a converter to use the Nano"
I should probably know what this means but I don't.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
You won't go wrong with the nano. You really get to savor taste with the nano. I'm Snowbirding, and I can't bring them all with me, but I got a severe Jones for nano as I type......

Teaturtle

@sickmanfraud
Thank you.

Sorry but what does PV stand for?

Also, pretty sweet the distributor I registered to has 20% off coupon for the Arizer Extreme Q, so I'd pay around 155 CAD. It doesn't say what it comes with though, if I need to buy extra accessories.

Then for the E-Nano, which I read is more efficient in most of my searches, it'll be around 207 CAD + accessories + potential border prices.

Last edited:

Commander Cody

Underdog would be right at home. Has unbreakable nylon stem like PD that hold small loads and fit inside the core. Available all SS stems also fit inside the core. For larger loads, there are glass stems that fit over the core.. Nano is only available with glass stems. There are no “inside the core” Nano stems. UD comes with a digital display vvps to control temp. The vvps is plugged into the power cord. You can then have any length 12v extension attach to the DOG. Nano is a pretty vape available in a wide variety of woods. They are, however, all basically the same Size and shape. Underdogs come in a variety of woods, sizes and shapes. Go to the UD website and you will find a wide range of designs that are on sale until 1/14. You can come in under budget on a stunning vape and have money left over for a carpet remnant for that concrete floor

Tranquility

This chart is making the rounds now. While I don't agree with it all, at least you get some sense of the different choices.

Vaporizer-Buying-Guide.jpg

AhBeVapin

Mindful Member Wellness User
hey now,

Plus one each for nano & dog.
You know as a Canadian, you'll pay CAN$1.25 to US$1 upcharge + federal tax, not to mention CanPost fees (it's sick, I know) for either of these. If you have the budget & time, get one of the standard kits of either.
Make sure you get adjustable screen stems for the wide range of styles described by others above.

If you don't have the budget, remember like me, you have kijiji available...
I have alerts set for vaporizer & arizer. Every morning I get an email showing new posts. Last spring there was a V1 Nano posted in Windsor, or maybe Kingston, somewhere in Ontario anyway.
Depending on geography & negotiating skills, you could get a used 'local' EQ for half of what you've described above.

Finally, if new is the only option for you.
100% recommendation for PlantVape or the CAN Vapeworld sites, especially if you live in Ontario, where they ship from. If you go for any the portable Arizer products, get at least one of the custom PV stems, they are remarkable.

good luck @Teaturtle

AbV out

AhBeVapin,

Kosherbubba

If you want something portable you can carry with you arizer air is very nice, easy to load , easy to clean. I am able to take it with me going for walks so its fully portable.

I also have the arizer v tower which is 150 bucks. Works like a charm, but not portable. You can even connect the arizer air or v tower to a bong which is why I love these devices. Very versatile. I even managed to put a whip tubing on my arizer air glass stem to get that whip style affect.

Kosherbubba,

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
The Enano is in your price range. It doesn’t have a digital temp screen but you can’t go wrong with the nano log vaporizer. It will last you a long time. I love my Enano. A log vape is easy to maintain and use. The nano is a real miser with the bud, it’s not a weed hog.

The Woodscents is awesome log vape but maybe out of your price range. Some VapCaps can be used as a mouthpiece with the WS.

CarolKing,

Newcastle

Stoned!
I have an Extreme Q with all the mods.....It sits on the shelf. I have a Nano and never looked back. My only problem now is finding a portable that is as good as my Nano.

Newcastle,
Top Bottom