NFC What is your vaping methodology?

Pur3inity

Disclaimer: I won't dis any claimers to this or that methodology as I've been VFH and doubt has inched in. I have minimal vaporizer device exposure. In 2018 acquired a device from Shenzhen Kingtons. In hindsight I enjoyed it over 2 years. I only know of dry herb.

I have a strong aversion to choice paralysis. Patient ascension method is preferable. I'll vape away at a manufacturer's predefined starting level until the magic wanes or my whim flickers and then click things up a notch. And so on and so on.

Then again, I wonder if I'm doing it wrong. It is possible a greater percentage of magic happens within a narrower bandwidth of 385F to 420F, just 3 temps with 400F sat in the middle. Is it a case of fiddling about to vape outside of this range?

Pur3inity,

Summer

Long Island, NY
Then again, I wonder if I'm doing it wrong. It is possible a greater percentage of magic happens within a narrower bandwidth of 385F to 420F, just 3 temps with 400F sat in the middle. Is it a case of fiddling about to vape outside of this range?

You have to find your sweet spot through your own experimentation. Me, I like cool, smooth, light-medium dense vapor, so with the exception of my NVSH, I vape between 384 - 410, maybe 415°F; the latter 2 for the final hit or 2. For a couple of vapes, I temp step, for others just a single temp. for all the hits.

Summer,
Reactions: macbill

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Every vape is different. Answer these questions:

First, give us more detail about what hardware you currently have/use?
What do you like/dislike about your current hardware?
What do you feel that your current vaping experience is currently lacking/what is currently missing, that you are are wanting to improve on/experience?

^ the answers to the above questions will greatly help us to make recommendations for new hardware that will improve your current vaporizing experience.

Ramahs,

ginolicious

My spot always depends. Usually I like to be low and cool. But then late at night sometimes on weekends I prefer those hard semi harsh hits that exhale a crap ton of vapor.

Pur3inity

Every vape is different. Answer these questions:

First, give us more detail about what hardware you currently have/use?
What do you like/dislike about your current hardware?
What do you feel that your current vaping experience is currently lacking/what is currently missing, that you are are wanting to improve on/experience?

^ the answers to the above questions will greatly help us to make recommendations for new hardware that will improve your current vaporizing experience.
Hi Ramahs,
1. Current hardware: Airvape xs go
2. Likes: Size: pocketable. Discrete. Simplicity, one button, preset temps. Battery features- pass through charging, quick charge time- under an hour. Hidden stir tool. Accessories: shell hides/reduces smell and has a frunk for extra herb. Price, opportunity cost, more resources directed towards herb and life's other necessities. Auto-shutoff timer

3. Dislikes: Filter above oven. Clogs at inconvenient times.
4. Lacking confidence in if my choice of everyday, everywhere carry is still optimal in light of devices released afterward or I was oblivious to. Lacking direct experience over a breadth of devices. Is there a dry herb vaporizer worth abandoning my current one for? Possibly. Morally, am I comfortable with having a side vape? Yes! Is my current, main vape really a side vape and I wasn't fully aware of the true nature of our relationship?

4a. 1) Is what I'm missing out on worth missing? Is the vapor experience of a cloudious9 atomic9, vivant ambit, healthy rips edge, potv one, xmax ace, just as good as a device costs multiples higher or better than a device costing multiples lower? 2) comparable metrics; what's the Return on Vapestment (vapor aesthetics over cost).
In this thread - Floridbud - recently says yucan vane is "best palmable vape on the planet."

Ultimately, I want to experience a device that's good enough. I'd prefer to avoid future VAS, vaporizer acquisition syndrome, within the next 2 years.

Pur3inity,

acstorfer

Take My Money Dammit!
It depends on what vaporizer I’m using.

Mighty

I start at 350F and keep going until no more vapor. Then I increase to 405F to finish it off.

Vapcap

Low temp cap heating towards the top. I lower the flame down the cap as desired.

Ghost MV1

3 green lights until no vapor, stir crucible, go to one red light.

acstorfer,

Ramahs

Hi Ramahs,
1. Current hardware: Airvape xs go
2. Likes: Size: pocketable. Discrete. Simplicity, one button, preset temps. Battery features- pass through charging, quick charge time- under an hour. Hidden stir tool. Accessories: shell hides/reduces smell and has a frunk for extra herb. Price, opportunity cost, more resources directed towards herb and life's other necessities. Auto-shutoff timer

3. Dislikes: Filter above oven. Clogs at inconvenient times.
4. Lacking confidence in if my choice of everyday, everywhere carry is still optimal in light of devices released afterward or I was oblivious to. Lacking direct experience over a breadth of devices. Is there a dry herb vaporizer worth abandoning my current one for? Possibly. Morally, am I comfortable with having a side vape? Yes! Is my current, main vape really a side vape and I wasn't fully aware of the true nature of our relationship?

4a. 1) Is what I'm missing out on worth missing? Is the vapor experience of a cloudious9 atomic9, vivant ambit, healthy rips edge, potv one, xmax ace, just as good as a device costs multiples higher or better than a device costing multiples lower? 2) comparable metrics; what's the Return on Vapestment (vapor aesthetics over cost).
In this thread - Floridbud - recently says yucan vane is "best palmable vape on the planet."

Ultimately, I want to experience a device that's good enough. I'd prefer to avoid future VAS, vaporizer acquisition syndrome, within the next 2 years.

One thing I forgot to ask, are you open to considering butane powered vaporizers?
And furthermore, do you just want something small and pocketable, or are you considering having a home-use-only plugin tabletop unit?

Ramahs,

Pur3inity

One thing I forgot to ask, are you open to considering butane powered vaporizers?
And furthermore, do you just want something small and pocketable, or are you considering having a home-use-only plugin tabletop unit?
Im hesitant towards butane powered vaporizers. Fearing the smell of herb might be worse than airvape xs go or igniting the mandated face covering dangling from an ear. I see in your sig have 3 butane powered models. Do you use a filter like a sploofy? I prefer pocketable or waistbag friendly

Pur3inity,

Ramahs

You live in an apartment, and worried about your neighbors smelling it and calling the pigs? I don't think you have much to worry about with any vape.

Don't get me wrong, vapor does have some smell, but it's not enough to smell through your walls. It's nothing like smoke. I'm glad I don't smoke weed anymore.

Ramahs,
Reactions: z0r

Pur3inity

Hey yall - Probably closer to vaping etiquette than methodology, but is the 5 second rule applicable in the following situation or not?

Dropped vaporizer device and the vaped herb hits the floor. To repack or not to repack that is the question

Pur3inity,

Ramahs

Hey yall - Probably closer to vaping etiquette than methodology, but is the 5 second rule applicable in the following situation or not?

Dropped vaporizer device and the vaped herb hits the floor. To repack or not to repack that is the question

As long as there's not hair and shit in it, then I'm fine repacking...but every situation is different. You know how clean your floor is. lol

Though, lately I've had enough herb around not to bother picking up a rare fallen bowl of herb. I usually just sweep it up these days. Not to say that I may not find myself broke enough one day again in the future, to find myself picking tiny pieces of a spilled bowl of herb out of the carpet for 20 minutes, but not today :smug:

Ramahs,

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
5 second rule does not apply at my house, I have dogs 🐶 and don't vacuum as often as I should 😬 And if we are talking about food even if the floor is clean you have to fight them for it 🤣

Bad Dog,

Ramahs

And sometimes, when you drop your bowl on the carpet, you will find older long lost pieces of bud with it that were already in the carpet from previous spills...like little bonuses, so you end up with a slightly larger bowl than you started with!

WIN!
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ramahs,
Reactions: macbill
Top Bottom