What is the criteria for Model specific Threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Was wondering as I started a thread with a relatively new device and it got moved to a thread with obsolete products? Specifically the Bulli-Smoker A2 which imight be elite but by no means deserving of shovelled off to page whatever in a dead thread.
Was also wondering about a suggestion box thread? For myself a modder's section would hit the spot nicely. If I'm off base here please let me know.

Pipes,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I'm sorry you feel your thread was moved unnecessarily, however it was moved to a thread which was hardly "dead." It is an open thread for obscure and obsolete vapes. If the Bulli-Smoker had a bigger following (or developed one) or a manufacturer's presence here, that would be different. As it stands, it is an obscure vape.

As to your request for a suggestion thread; it already exists here. In fact, the whole forum titled "FC Community Discussion" could be considered a suggestion box.

momofthegoons,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
It's not really all that new either, it's been around since late 2010 at least.

I wonder if it shouldn't be in the pen-vape thread instead though, even though it seems obscure and obsolete enough ;)

OhTheAgony,

max

Out to lunch
"obscure and obsolete" may not be the best thread for it, but if the manufacturer doesn't have a website that allows you to get in touch, then the product doesn't qualify for a thread. This should probably be in the rules, but I can't fix that.

max,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Ok, I stand corrected. Thanks for the quick responses. I am still getting use to this forums architecture as not really what I'm use to. Though if a current model, a separate thread would make it easier to find. IMOH Even if no following, the thread would just move to the back of the stack.
Anyway, it is what it is.
Cheers,

Pipes,

max

Out to lunch
Though if a current model, a separate thread would make it easier to find.
Do you know how easy it is to buy a quantity of cheap vapes and put your own model name on 'em? I could start a 'vape company' tomorrow and just sell on eBay and Amazon. This is done all the time, and there's nothing distinctly different about these different 'models/brands'. Allowing a thread for any vape with a different name would just be confusing and unfair to prospective buyers.

If a vape has a good distintive design, with a solid company backing it, it'll get the recognition it deserves. But you don't get in the door here just because you take something and make a minor change (if even that) and just slap a different name on it.

max,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom