Weird Taste?

LarryYo

Dab connoisseur.... I just like dabs.... a lot
I am currently testing out a sample product from china. Every time i use it. It gives off a weird sweet taste. I am using the same strain in multiple other vaporizers to for comparison with this one as welll, and I always get a distinct sweet taste. Its not very noticeable at first. As soon as the chamber gets hot (which is actually very fast! so pro there!) it gets that strange taste again. Any ideas on what might be causing this? If there are other threads that may have information that i am looking for i couldn't find much when i was looking searching. If there is can some one be so kind as to leave a link to the thread. Thanks for the help in advance!

LarryYo,

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Sounds like the vaporizer might have improper insulation or low temperature plastic surrounding the heater. I have a strong suspicion that sweet taste is most likely the off-gassing of plastic which is melting or burning while exposed to those high temps

Check for off-gassing. Empty the vaporizer and clean it well. Then turn on the vaporizer and set it to maximum temperature. Let it get nice and hot then use a bright light and shine it in the oven and vapor path - look for any fumes that shouldn't be there

LarryYo

@Ratchett that's what I ended up doing earlier when I asked I was thinking the same thing. it was off-gassing I have stopped using it and let the manufacturers know. Don't want anything like that coming into the market

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
@Ratchett that's what I ended up doing earlier when I asked I was thinking the same thing. it was off-gassing I have stopped using it and let the manufacturers know. Don't want anything like that coming into the market
Next step I'd take is to disassemble it to identify how bad the issue is. I mean did the entire oven compartment melt and burn, or was it only a small piece of plastic being affected?

Delta3DStudios,
Reactions: LarryYo

LarryYo

I have taken it apart it looks like the oven is just connected to the box. It is really a weird vaporizer honestly. But il see if I can get some pictures posted today

Top Bottom