Weeziness and hard time breathing.

MintWaxed

Just wanted to share my experience with other people here see if I can get any tips on what I might be doing wrong or if vaping is just not for me.

I've been smoking for about 10 years, weed and tobacco, never seemed like I had lung issues whatsoever besides the irritation you get from oversmoking once in a while. I read and saw all kinds of video's on vaping and its benefits so I said to myself, geez this might be a viable solution for getting off all that smoke. So I get a volcano hybrid because im like ''this is the best one around''. I use it for a couple of days, tried all types of different temps and enjoy the sweet taste it proccured to me. I end up feeling that I cannot exhale completely and have a hard time getting a good breath and I get lots of wheezing, which is a big problem when I train and box.

So I come to this great forum and get all kinds of informations. Alot of people seem to have the same issue has me and they suggest different options of which I've all tried: water bongs, cold water with Ice, hot water, room temp, lower temps, Dynavap vapcaps with de hemped fibre, mediacal grade buds, rosin, etc..

I Still get that compressed feeling of uneasyness in my chest. I've managed to stop smoking for 3 months only vaping and that has been the worst breath wise. Went to the doctor, had a scan on my lungs, nothing. He tells me I've become asthmatic and need a pump once in the morning and one at night. At this point im kind of doubting if its all in my mind or thinking it might be gastric reflux or anything else. Eventually I'm thinking vaping is actually bad for me. I go back to smoking weed (with tobacco) and after a week not touching a vape, I feel better, no more need to use my asthma pump the doc prescribed.

People told me vape no higher than 190 degrees celsius but It gets me barely high or stoned and zero body effect compared to higher temps which is what I am looking for after suffering a broken neck.

Im still very puzzled by all of this. I feel like im missing this one tip or technique not to irritated my bronchia (not sure I wrote that well).
Im kind of bummed out to have spent so much money and not being able to use any of it, I really liked that sweet terpene vapor.

Any tips or ideas would be great, before I start selling it all and give up on vaping.

MintWaxed

I have the XL mega globe from sneaky pete, never tried with glass beads, its seems like a good idea. Im thinking that smoke produces humidity which is why its tolerable and Im guessing that vapor is probably way too dry for the brochia thus why hot water might help out. I should try again with that, really hope it cuts it for me.

MintWaxed,
Reactions: arb

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Im thinking that smoke produces humidity which is why its tolerable

Does it? I'm not so sure. However, vapor is different from smoke and inhaling it may need a different approach than inhaling smoke. I don't know about you, but I had to learn with every new way of inhaling stuff how to do it properly. Joints, bongs, pipes, e cigs, different vapes, they all need some kind of adaption. Some ways may need more air or hitting it slow, others are easier when being hit quick & hard. Smoke for me always got critical when it was already deep in my lungs while vapor is critical in my throat, even just understanding this helped me to find my way.

One thing I did not quite get: do these symptoms only occur when you vape or do you have issues in between as well? Because if it's the latter, you should get your advice from a doctor, not some forum. Good luck.

Greenteam

Less ego. More soul.
One thing I did not quite get: do these symptoms only occur when you vape or do you have issues in between as well? Because if it's the latter, you should get your advice from a doctor, not some forum. Good luck.

@MintWaxed i assume that you came here, to get in touch with the community to discuss helpful thoughts concerning vaping, and certain issues a lot of us have encountered consuming cannabis or making the switch to dry herb vaping. You're in the right place, welcome :tup:

My own issues with switching where not so painful like yours but it was also not easy and I know people here in the forum or my own friends who have very individual stories when trying to fuck combustion. There are so much opinions and beliefs concerning the best way to vape/consume that it can be quite confusing and frustrating especially when health issues arise. I don't have a special advice which may help you except for that you listen to you're body and given the fact that your tried a lot of different approaches or changed different variables concerning different devices, walter filtration, temps etc. it may be something different? Maybe vaping is indeed not the right way for you and edibles would be an alternative to combusting. however I would advice you to give you more time, perhaps your lungs need their time to recover like others said.
maybe it's not recovering itself but your lungs/your body need their time get used to vaping. Maybe it's not the lungs itself, but other physical variables which will change or adapt over time!

And you wrote that you went also to the doctor to get advice about you're lung issues, that's fine, I would also take a two-proned approach.

Last edited:

MintWaxed

Does it? I'm not so sure. However, vapor is different from smoke and inhaling it may need a different approach than inhaling smoke. I don't know about you, but I had to learn with every new way of inhaling stuff how to do it properly. Joints, bongs, pipes, e cigs, different vapes, they all need some kind of adaption. Some ways may need more air or hitting it slow, others are easier when being hit quick & hard. Smoke for me always got critical when it was already deep in my lungs while vapor is critical in my throat, even just understanding this helped me to find my way.

As stated I did go to the doctor, had scans and x-rays, blood test and all was fine.

Edit: Was bad when I vaped, even only once, felt like pressure on the solar plexus and a feeling of not being able to breath in deep or exhale fully.

Last edited:
MintWaxed,
Reactions: arb

MintWaxed

@MintWaxed i assume that you came here, to get in touch with the community to discuss helpful thoughts concerning vaping, and certain issues a lot of us have encountered consuming cannabis or making the switch to dry herb vaping. You're in the right place, welcome :tup:

My own issues with switching where not so painful like yours but it was also not easy and I know people here in the forum or my own friends who have very individual stories when trying to fuck combustion. There are so much opinions and beliefs concerning the best way to vape/consume that it can be quite confusing and frustrating especially when health issues arise. I don't have a special advice which may help you except for that you listen to you're body and given the fact that your tried a lot of different approaches or changed different variables concerning different devices, walter filtration, temps etc. it may be something different? Maybe vaping is indeed not the right way for you and edibles would be an alternative to combusting. however I would advice you to give you more time, perhaps your lungs need their time to recover like others said.
maybe it's not recovering itself but your lungs/your body need their time get used to vaping. Maybe it's not the lungs itself, but other physical variables which will change or adapt over time!

And you wrote that you went also to the doctor to get advice about you're lung issues, that's fine, I would also take a two-proned approach.

Thanks for your insight. I think my issues was going hard on the vape for a while which probably irritated my whole bronchia and I kept doing it even tough it would be uncomfortable, thinking it will get better with time.

Since I've gotten arb's reply, I havent smoked, I brought up my nice quartz banger and hit the rosin slowly. I must of done 6-7 hits and had no pressure on the chest in the following hours, its looking good. Rosin doesnt hurt my throath like flower does and that is a big plus for me. Im gonna stay this way until my lungs heal, I really think I just had a case of irritation. I'll give an update.

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker
As stated I did go to the doctor, had scans and x-rays, blood test and all was fine.
It sounds like adjustment phase it took me a bit for my throat n lungs to get use to it, I even had to readjust againwhen I get heavier hitting vapes because my throat n lungs weren't ready to get wopped like that. I still get a vapor burnt throat when I sesh out too hard. When you started smoking n combusting herb did you not have a dirty hard to breath feeling when you started? I did with cigs and herb *I haven't smoked a cig since a week after my daughter was born in 13* after awhile i didnt notice it until i would drink *sober alcoholic of 5 years* and chain smoke then it was very noticable again. Vaping is way healthier I'll take the couple cons of vaping over the many of smoking.
I honestly cant tell you if theres more to it than just a readjusting phase because I am no doctor. I hope you can find and solve this problem because your health will thank you down the road.

MintWaxed

Congrats on being sober, its a very hard fight, wish my old man would of done the same.

I honestly don't remember my first effects on my lungs when combusting. there is for sure a adjustment phase. Im the kind of guy where its everything or nothing and I do remember hitting the volcano bags as hard has sneaky pete would. Only thing is his lungs must be way more healthier than mine.

I'll keep sticking to the rosin for a week or two and then try with flower just to gage whats up.

shredder

Thanks for your insight. I think my issues was going hard on the vape for a while which probably irritated my whole bronchia and I kept doing it even tough it would be uncomfortable, thinking it will get better with time.

Since I've gotten arb's reply, I havent smoked, I brought up my nice quartz banger and hit the rosin slowly. I must of done 6-7 hits and had no pressure on the chest in the following hours, its looking good. Rosin doesnt hurt my throath like flower does and that is a big plus for me. Im gonna stay this way until my lungs heal, I really think I just had a case of irritation. I'll give an update.

I also have asthma, and I caught pneumonia twice in 2 years.

Since the second pneumonia bout last December I've used 90% medibles and only vape concentrates, namely rosin.

I feel much better now, and I've stopped wheezing at night. As a bonus I've become much better at making medibles.

Not sure what type of concentrates you have access to, but rosin makes great medibles. I use 750mg per gram of rosin as a guide to determine medible strength.

MintWaxed

I also have asthma, and I caught pneumonia twice in 2 years.

Since the second pneumonia bout last December I've used 90% medibles and only vape concentrates, namely rosin.

I feel much better now, and I've stopped wheezing at night. As a bonus I've become much better at making medibles.

Not sure what type of concentrates you have access to, but rosin makes great medibles. I use 750mg per gram of rosin as a guide to determine medible strength.

I actually got myself a rosin press, and tough to myself, I can't throw the rest away, I got to use it as a edible oil or butter. Thing is I have no clue how to do any of this. I did see the magic butter machine but it aint all that cheap.

I would like to make some edible oil caps, if you have any good videos or tips or any other advice on edibles i'll gladly take em. :tup:

shredder

I actually got myself a rosin press, and tough to myself, I can't throw the rest away, I got to use it as a edible oil or butter. Thing is I have no clue how to do any of this. I did see the magic butter machine but it aint all that cheap.

I would like to make some edible oil caps, if you have any good videos or tips or any other advice on edibles i'll gladly take em. :tup:

We use size 00 gel capsules, and organic sunflower lecithin with organic coconut oil.

I use the ratio of concentrate to one fluid ounce of coconut oil to keep track of the strength.

As an example 2 grams of rosin is approximately 1500 mg. (Just a general guide based on rosin being 750 mg per gram) In 1 oz of coconut oil and lecithin that would make roughly 30 capsules at 50mg each. One ounce generally returns 30 size 00 caps.

I start by dissolving the lecithin in coconut oil on a coffee warmer for a gentle heat. 1/2 tsp lecithin per ounce of oil. Eventually the lecithin melts into the oil. Then we add the concentrate and stir until the mix becomes clear.

We don't decarb rosin. Decarbing did not seem to make a difference. Up to you if you want to. But if you do you lose some terpenes.

Then we use pipettes to fill the capsules. Everything except the concentrate is available on amazon.

Edit: for simplicity a gram of rosin in a store bought brownie mix works pretty well.

Just like above, melt the rosin in oil or butter, add the lecithin, stir till clear and put it in the mix.

Divide 750mg by the portion number to determine the strength in mg's.

Last edited:
Top Bottom