• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Wanted: Vaporizer with certain features like microdosing-capability

Marlox

Hey there,

i am already owning a crafty and it is really a great vaporizer, besides some minor deficits that bother me...
So i am searching for another vaporizer with certain capabilities and i still couldn't find what i am searching for. Maybe you folks can help me here?
What i am hoping to find is a vaporizer with the following details:

1. No plastic smell or taste. This is important, as i am a cannabis-client and suffering from various diseases i don't want to inhale potentially harmful evaporations.
2. Micro-dosing-capability. As my usual dosage is around 0,01g (i.e. 0.00035oz, and yes, no typo^^) per application i need to use the concentrates-pad over the herbs in my crafty to make it work. Would be nice if there would be a vapo that can handle such small amounts without using such aids.
3. Replaceable battery. Very important, as i often run into empty batteries with my crafty and then have to charge it for about 15min before i can start vaping. Very annoying, espescially when it "should be done quickly". Best would be some standard-type like 18650
4. Fast. Oh, how would i love to not have to wait for 2.5mins for heating that thing up... :-) Not the game-changer, but would be REALLY nice to have

Maybe you have some suggestions that i can take a closer look on?

It doesn't necessarily have to be portable, but would be nice.
I also thought about building me a wood-log-like vaporizer for using it with a small water-pipe, but i will have to read some more about heating-up-time and such things. Or would a simple "heated-stick" be better for that small amounts of herbs...? Lots and lots of questions^^

Oh, and please excuse my bad english. I am german and my english-lessons have been over 20 years ago ;-)

Best regards,

Marlox

edit:
Oh dear, and right away the first brick dropped with the first posting...
Seems like i should have posted this in "Ask FC"? If so, can someone please move this thread?
So sorry...

Shadooz

My thread, only one month old, all the good ones have been given there :

C No Ego

Hey there,

i am already owning a crafty and it is really a great vaporizer, besides some minor deficits that bother me...
So i am searching for another vaporizer with certain capabilities and i still couldn't find what i am searching for. Maybe you folks can help me here?
What i am hoping to find is a vaporizer with the following details:

1. No plastic smell or taste. This is important, as i am a cannabis-client and suffering from various diseases i don't want to inhale potentially harmful evaporations.
2. Micro-dosing-capability. As my usual dosage is around 0,01g (i.e. 0.00035oz, and yes, no typo^^) per application i need to use the concentrates-pad over the herbs in my crafty to make it work. Would be nice if there would be a vapo that can handle such small amounts without using such aids.
3. Replaceable battery. Very important, as i often run into empty batteries with my crafty and then have to charge it for about 15min before i can start vaping. Very annoying, espescially when it "should be done quickly". Best would be some standard-type like 18650
4. Fast. Oh, how would i love to not have to wait for 2.5mins for heating that thing up... :-) Not the game-changer, but would be REALLY nice to have

Maybe you have some suggestions that i can take a closer look on?

I also thought about building me a wood-log-like vaporizer for using it with a small water-pipe, but i will have to read some more about heating-up-time and such things. Or would a simple "heated-stick" be better for that small amounts of herbs...? Lots and lots of questions^^

Oh, and please excuse my bad english. I am german and my english-lessons have been over 20 years ago ;-)

Best regards,

Marlox

edit:
Oh dear, and right away the first brick dropped with the first posting...
Seems like i should have posted this in "Ask FC"? If so, can someone please move this thread?
So sorry...
the Fury vapes match your micro dose method but not a removable battery nor pass through charging . I only use the tiny WPA bowl to vape through with that vape ... even edd in some balled up cotton or degummed hemp fiber to reduce over all load down too ...

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Dynavap (+ induction heater) is my recommendation. Perfect for microdosing, great for quick sessions (esp. with an induction heater), super portable, pretty much indestructible, tons of options to finetune, no plastic, no battery (needed).

Farid

I use a similar amount, and Dynavaps and logs have worked best. With a Dynavap I keep the screen on the largest setting, but only fill a tiny bit of bud, barely enough to cover the screen. It works great this way, and I feel no need to use the smaller settings. Having much of the chamber filled with air doesn't seem to have any negative effect.

Same applies to logs, though I prefer the metal tipped stems over glass for tiny doses.

blackstone

The easiest and most satisfying thing I've come across for tiny amounts is the Volcano Hybrid using the reducer, capsules and a little pad with a heat soak for 1 minute to 1.5 minutes, while using with the whip through a water tool or cooling mouthpiece. It's very good at it no lie and the effects really hit the spot.
Also works great for other amounts and the bags are handy.
It heats much quicker than a Crafty too. So far I've noticed a very slight taste or smell from my first batch of SB whips when brand new, but this might be already changed? And it goes away quickly, I think you can cure the whips yourself in an oven, or other whip material can be sourced with no or less smell if it even was a thing for you.
Have a good time deciding and try not to stress from it, I'm even having a hard time picking out some shoes lately!

blokenoname

DIY Log Dabbler 😁🪵💪💨💨💨
I also thought about building me a wood-log-like vaporizer for using it with a small water-pipe, but i will have to read some more about heating-up-time and such things
Misty Log Halo Core Edition (DIY), Dynavap Ti Tip and cap (doubles as dd stem, 14mm WonG and solo butane vape), Arizer Air/Solo Stem & 14mm GonG...
a match made in heaven, covering all stationary and portable/instant needs 😁

BE8-F5727-651-A-42-E6-AB95-F3-B86745-E3-B4.jpg

3511-E445-CCF6-4974-8490-80000129-CFB2.jpg

(I was just chatting with @Marlox about DIY Log building, not realizing that he also posted a thread). All good recommendations, nevertheless 👍

Marlox

Misty Log Halo Core Edition (DIY), Dynavap Ti Tip and cap (doubles as dd stem, 14mm WonG and solo butane vape), Arizer Air/Solo Stem & 14mm GonG...
a match made in heaven, covering all stationary and portable/instant needs 😁
You use that Dynavap in that MistyLog? How long does it take to "click" from a totally cooled cap?

blokenoname

DIY Log Dabbler 😁🪵💪💨💨💨
You use that Dynavap in that MistyLog? How long does it take to "click" from a totally cooled cap?
Yep. It's used without the cap, when using it with the Misty 😉. Just like a regular stem. You just insert the Dynavap tip into the Misty's heater port and take your draw. Same principle, as with Ed's Woodscents Log. That also uses Dynavaps for stems and WonG adapters.

AB8541-D5-5-B2-A-4853-92-D7-FDFD1-FCA760-E.jpg

This Misty version has a larger diameter heater cover than the regular Misty (i.e. 10mm inner diameter), which allows the Dynavap tip to slip in.

As I explained in my PM earlier, a Log is not a session vape, that you heat up for a single session and then switch it off again. You rather switch it on for an evening (for instance) and once it's hot, you just leave it running till you go to bed. So it's ready, whenever you need/want it. Zero heat up/waiting time involved 😎💨💨💨

fatman420

id recommend the dynavap m cap, that was my first butane vape and has .1 g size oven. it hits hard for its size as a vape(like your hitting a one hitter) and very effiecnt at saving bud as well. and its a butane vape which means you dont have to worry about battery life.

Top Bottom