• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Wands : Hands free or Regular?

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Which do you prefer for your whip-style vaporizer?

With my VaporWarez I decided on the ground-glass connection because I hated the idea of having to continuously hold the wand as I took a hit. I like how I can set it on the element, leave it, take a hit, rotate it a few times, and then take it off afterward.

Anyone care to share what they use, and why? Can you think of any advantages/disadvantages one might have over the other, either stylistic or functionality?

While shopping around for vaporizing accessories I have actually found a 'hybrid' heating element cover. I thought that was pretty nifty. :brow:

SpiralArchitect,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
I really like using the standard ssv (not ground glass) setup. Maybe it's a subconscious throwback to lighting a bong, but I find it fun to control when and how it gets heat. Rotating it and all that... feels like I'm playing a part in the process.

Used the hands free adapter for about 1 hit and into a box it went. I guess it could be useful if you're using a water filter and need a free hand but I never had a problem.

vtac,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
I find the 'hands-free adapter' for the regular SSV to be plain ol' fugly. Might be a nice idea, but man, it totally kills the sleek aesthetic the SSV strives for.

SpiralArchitect,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
My Vaporite is handfree but I use my old vapordaddy connection which has a smaller bowl and improves efficiency. It is handsfree in that it sits on the element ok but is a smaller opening and is easy to pull off and flick the herb everywhere :rolleyes: So its a hands-assisted handsfree. I like to stir after each hit anyway.

My PD is handfree :cool:

vaporcloud,

Beezleb

im all about the hands free but in my opinion its about what fits your style. I often am doing other things when vaping so a gg connection is a must for me but for those who prefer a hands on approach the standard connection is more popular.

think of it like a vehicle. A stick shift verses an automatic.

I believe those with a standard connection have a better feel for the bowl than the hands free plug it and just stir every few draws. I use Da Buddha and it comes hands free, actually I was such a noob I didnt even know that vapes were not all hands free hehe. I just got lucky and got a vape that fits my style perfectly.

Beezleb,

Zaireeka

I also have an SSV, and I much prefer to hold the wand myself to using the hands free adapter. I generally only use hands free if it's a group of us using the vape, otherwise I just hold the whip. Like Vtac said, I really enjoy controlling every aspect of the vape while I'm using it, it provides for a much fuller experience, IMO, and adds to the fun of vaping.

Zaireeka,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
Zaireeka said:
I also have an SSV, and I much prefer to hold the wand myself to using the hands free adapter. I generally only use hands free if it's a group of us using the vape, otherwise I just hold the whip. Like Vtac said, I really enjoy controlling every aspect of the vape while I'm using it, it provides for a much fuller experience, IMO, and adds to the fun of vaping.
but whats the diff between hands free and not? :uhoh:

Hennessy1414,

Zaireeka

On the SSV, using the hands free attachment makes it difficult to rotate the wand while it's up against the heater. Also, I notice a small stream of vapor that escapes from the whip after each hit I take near the beginning. I believe it's just the vapor that is already in the whip, since there's no way to clear of vapor inside. It probably is not a big deal, but I still don't like the fact that I'm missing out a little on my hits.

I also just like the experience of vaporizing as a whole, and I like the way you have to actively participate when there is no hands free attachment. I guess it's just my personal attitude towards vaping, but I think it is fun as a whole.

Zaireeka,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Interesting topic, I posed the same question in the main forum about this for the VRIP heat wand. Marcuss mentioned that it would be better to have a GG connection (like the Herborizer) and I was curious as to what people general consensus was. I think the GG has a much greater effect when you are SMOKING but not vaping. I mean GG bongs like the RooR, you get way crazier smoke to air ratio but that doesn?t seem to hold true for vapor. A previous person mentioned they like the traditional set up because it kind of mimics holding a flame to a bowl and I totally get that. I have both heater covers and wand set up for the SSV and honestly, it?s pretty much a tie for me. But when, friends are over, the GG definitely is ?easier?. Just stick it in and suck!

stonemonkey55,

eLiguL

I find the novelty of hands on operation wears off for me quite quickly, especially when you are dropping your material due to motor skills becoming hazy. :ko:

eLiguL,

max

Out to lunch
I find the novelty of hands on operation wears off for me quite quickly
Standard or hands free is just personal preference. Neither qualifies as a novelty.

Just stick it in and suck!
Hmmm. Out of context that sounds like it'd be a good fit on another type of forum. :lol:

max,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
I've been playing around with my standard heater cover/wand in the SSV and I must say, it's starting to grow on me. A lot of times, I have had spills with the GonG setup because we trusted it to hold, whereas with the standard set up, you get the added control and you know you need to keep holding it there or else you won't get any tasty vapor.

I guess when in doubt, try both! :D

stonemonkey55,

youdontknowme

They both have advantages, I enjoyed the regular because it would often invoke a team/cooperative aspect to vaping in groups, where one person would hold while the other draws. By yourself it makes no difference. As I said in another thread, HF whips aren't really HF, you still have to hold it. The only "hands free" way to get high IMO is to eat. And I believe if you look on the website for VB they say there that they still make them in non-HF format because its the way they enjoy. Obviously, price/complexity have very little to do with it. If I bought another VB, would I go HF or original? I don't know. The possibility of using regular whips with a HF VB and the ability to even use HF whips in a somewhat artificial two-handed manner makes me think getting the hands free at least leaves that option open should you want it. :2c:

youdontknowme,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
HF whips aren't really HF, you still have to hold it.
No, no you don't.

I play video games on my computer and vape entire bowls without removing either the mouthpiece from my mouth, or the bowl from the heating element.

SpiralArchitect,

tokinGLX

SpiralArchitect said:
HF whips aren't really HF, you still have to hold it.
No, no you don't.

I play video games on my computer and vape entire bowls without removing either the mouthpiece from my mouth, or the bowl from the heating element.
you should get a little clip that would allow you to attach the tubing onto your shoulder, so that the mouthpiece end is hanging just aside your face. that way you dont have to gum it the whole time.
(':

tokinGLX,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Well, I generally use this new technique I learned about here.... breathe in through mouth, exhale nose, breathe in through mouth, exhale nose.... basically I vape an entire bowl in 'one lungful', and afterward I am totally incapacitated. :ko: I just spit out the tube and go back to gaming. :lol:

That technique works really well with the PD too. I can vape a whole tube in one lungful. Kinda nice actually..... :D

SpiralArchitect,

CapnVape

I like to stir my bowls in between hits to ensure as even a cook as possible, so the hands free wands always were just a hassle for me. Also, when friends come over and you have a hands free whip you get to enjoy either the whip coming out and spilling everywhere or your vape getting pulled over(possibly breaking glass). For my style of vaping a standard whip works best, but for somebody with a different vape style like Spiral, HF may be superior.

That hybrid heating element cover looks cool. With that and both styles of wand you could have your HF for yourself and give the standard to your clumsy friends.

:peace:

CapnVape,

smokeandskate

Another thing idk if any of you have thought of or done that i think would be cool. That if in time you picked up like 2 or 3 other wands and when you have friends over you cold give them each a wand with there own loaded bowl in it and have the vape on the coffee table and people just take turns vaping outta there whip. seems like the normal style wands would work better for that also

smokeandskate,

Beezleb

Thats what I do, I have several wands ready to go or give each person their own wand. Depends on who is vaping and how many really.

Beezleb,
Top Bottom