Volcano vapor bag vs. Vapezilla whip-style w/ glass-on-glass

Status
Not open for further replies.

XERxes19

Hello, i am a persian toker new to your forum so thanks anyway if you hear me out. i was very interested in buying a Vap so i could significantly change my stoner lifestyle because i dont seem to be quitting herbs anytime in the near future. so :disgust:
i really want a vaporiser. but i cant tell what i should go for.
i decided between two models both with their own specialties and differences. and just as expensive, but that doesnt really matter.for me how i narrowed it down, its either Volcano made by those nice guys at storz-bickel who i hear give a life-time warrranty with their device but i also hear the chronic vapors could taste diluted due to oxygen mixture. My other best bet for an investment was a Vapezilla which no one seems to know about but is apparently one of the most concentrated tokes from a vaporizer machine on the market, with glass-on-glass fixtures. of course, it has drawbacks too like annoying non-stop fans that have no off/on option and not to mention a $450 tag for only the analog version. But im also trying to be open-minded about my purchase so if you fellows have any recommendations or ideas of interest to share, i'd be a mighty grateful herb smoker :cool:
and by all means please share your opinion :brow: even if that means not holding back
kam from BC :ko:

for those that dont what a vapezilla is or looks like:
http://www.marijuanavaporizer.com/vaporizer_review/vapezilla-vaporizer.html
http://www.bestvaporizers.com/vapezilla.html
(not forums, merely links)

XERxes19,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Hm. well. I'll give you my :2c: Nix the bags. The Vapezilla is hideous, in my opinion. I also seem to recall the temperature display not really being worth much anyway.... don't quote me on that.

Check out the Silver Surfer Vaporizer, the VaporWarez vaporizer, or even the Extreme.

The SSV is relatively new. I don't have one myself, but everyone that does -- well, I hear absolutely nothing but good things. Plenty of info on this site and elsewhere.

The VW is tried and true. I do have one of these. Wooden box vaporizer that sets the standard IMO.

The Extreme, I don't know much about, but it is both a whip and bag vaporizer. Best of both worlds, perhaps? ;) I hear it does them both well, but not as well as other units -- but it does give you options, which is ++

Well, food for thought. Again, just my opinion. Sorry, I don't know much about the Volcano/Vapezilla, but IIRC they are both kind of overpriced units for what you could get for half the price. *shrug*

Actually, you may have already heard of these 3, have you?

SpiralArchitect,

marcuss

above the clouds
XERxes19...this forum is well informed on both of these two vapes and i could see your links about the Vapezilla like clear spams....soo if you are not related to that company please delete those links to avoid any further problem... ;)
If you are a interested in the vaporizer world take your time to read something about those vapes in this forum then you can decide!

marcuss,

max

Out to lunch
Welcome to the forum XERxes19. :wave: Like Spiral and marcuss said, there are excellent vapes available for less money. We're all about quality here, not hype. I suggest you do some reading here before you invest in a $500+ vape. Not saying you wouldn't be happy with one of your current choices, well, maybe the 'cano anyway. The Vapezilla is an overhyped ripoff of a vape that has virtually no warranty. The 2nd link you post, bestvaporizers.com, is actually one of Wicked Roots' (the Vapezilla maker) fake review sites. That sneaky company has put up at least a half dozen fake sites, where the best vape is always the Vapezilla.

You absolutely DO NOT need to spend $500 or more to get an excellent vaporizer. You can get your vapor in a bag for hundreds of dollars less, and there are much more reliable direct draw vapes than the Vapezilla, also for hundreds less.

This site is the best on the net for vapor info and you'll find no Vapezilla fans here, and currently I think we have one Volcano owner as a member. Take a look around and do some reading-ask some questions too- before you commit $500+ for a single vape.

max,

Purple-Days

:2c: :2c: :2c: :2c: :2c:

I have owned a Super-Vapezilla (digital display). And recomend stongly against buying one, ( I manufacture the PD but that has nothing to do with my advice)

The Super-Zilla is over priced, and over hyped. The digital controls failed at just over 1 year and we were left with a repair choice of over $200 and choose to not repair the unit.

Why?

A) fragile electronics, which are stressed by heat. If the electric fails there is no fan blasting away and those electrics are right next to a heater that takes 20 minutes to cool with fans running. Not good.

B) those screaming fans, and I mean screaming, are totally awful. From Day-1 I hated the noise. You can hear the unit from outside the house. You can't watch TV without turning the volume way up. And forget about enjoying music with this thing running.

C) mandatory 20 minute cool down and manual shut off. If it shut down automatically it would be better. But, as it is, if you want a toke you better count on being around 1/2 hour. 5 minutes min warm up and 20 minutes to cool down. No toke and run, you are chained to it. Gotta go somewhere, you can't. Not for 20 minutes/

D) Large volume stem = 1 fresh tasty (strong) hit followed by many diminishing draws with no flavor.

E) completely un-stealthy. with that mandated cool down period you can't just turn it off and hide it when someone knocks at the door.

F) the ground glass pieces stick and can be very frustrating. The owners manual says to not stick the two parts all the way together. They recomend a certain gap be maintained. Yeah, when I'm stoned I'm gonna be a good judge of that. We never broke a stem because of this, but it happened often enough to be an issue.

G)
That's the guts of out Super-Zilla. You decide. Fire caulk? Air gaps... and electric insulation in the air-path.

H) check out their disclaimers... :lol:

To conclude: I feel the Suoer-Vapezilla is way overpriced, way over-hyped, has a lousy warranty, and is a very weak design.

I have never used bags, or a Volcano. Never plan to. But, the Volcano seems well built and has a real warranty.

Two different animals.

You should probably decide between bags and whips first, then start looking at what vape to buy second.

Purple-Days,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
^

Good post PD! ;) :D

C) mandatory 20 minute cool down and manual shut off. If it shut down automatically it would be better. But, as it is, if you want a toke you better count on being around 1/2 hour. 5 minutes min warm up and 20 minutes to cool down. No toke and run, you are chained to it. Gotta go somewhere, you can't. Not for 20 minutes/
Why do you have to 'baby sit it' for the cooldown period? or can you just not 'move' the unit for 20 minutes?

SpiralArchitect,

Purple-Days

Never thought of leaving the house and trusting it to cool down and just run on. You could, I suppose.

Purple-Days,

max

Out to lunch
I think you can see how we feel here about Wicked Roots and their Vapezilla products XERxes. :lol:

If you must have a forced air digital whip vape (in the vein of the Vapezilla), I would recommend the Evolutions Vaporizer. It's designed by the same person who designed the Vapezilla, and unlike the Vapezilla (no parts warranty at all), has a 3 yr. parts and labor warranty. http://www.gotvape.com/info/evolutions-warranty.php

The Extreme Vaporizer would give you both bag and whip delivery, as well as a digital display. It also has a 2 yr. warranty, with lifetime for the heater. It'll also give you the forced air whip delivery like the Vapezilla.

Volcano made by those nice guys at storz-bickel who i hear give a life-time warrranty
The Volcano has a 3 yr. warranty, and 2 yrs. on the Digit. The lesser warranty on the Digit should show you the lack of confidence that S&B has in digital displays. :/

max,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Just my :2c: The Evolutions is a kick ass unit, it was my fave whip style til I got the SSV. The trade off here is that the SSV is a little easier to milk fat hits from, while the Evolutions has the digital readout. I like the digital readout but not all medicine vapes at the same temperature so you'l have to turn it up and down accordingly. This is why I replaced the Evolutions with the SSV, solid hits and I basically dial it in every time that I use it. As an owner of a few $500+ vaporizers, save yourself some money and get a SSV, PD, Herbo, or VRIP

stonemonkey55,

Purple-Days

WOW ,,, the site has changed... and I am not surprised.:o

Gonna have to search now.
But basically, and I can quote from elsewhere that they say they are not responsible for the parts they include...:lol: :lol: :lol:

Purple-Days,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
http://www.wickedroots.com/Vaporizer-Support/FAQ.html

Sound like a company you'd like to deal with?

They have a bunch of sites (and sell each of their products from each main site- confusing), almost zero good info... lots of laughable text copy, I've quoted lots of their BS here. :lol:

I will give them credit for doing a good job generating the hype early on. They threw up a ton of fake review sites, blogs, etc. all pushing their product as the holy grail while smearing the competition as garbage. They even hit up the cannabis forums with a ton of shill posts and nicknames. Oh yeah, don't forget the cannabis cup 'awards' they bought. For the time (5 years ago?) it was a good use of the internet as a marketing tool. Even today some of their sites enjoy first page google results.

It pains me to think how many people were conned into dropping $500 on such a poor product (I almost pressed that purchase button). People who heard about vaporizing and thought 'WOW', so they excitedly did some quick research and ended up on some Wicked Roots spin sites. Easy to get sucked into hype when you're in that state of mind; naturally, one wants the best and is willing to spend some hard earned dough, $500, WOW that must be good!

But as it turns out, the internet works the other way too. For example, some guy gets screwed over by a camera store and they wont do a thing for him. So he makes a blog post about his negative experience and it gets picked up by digg or consumerist.com. Uh oh, now you have a few hundred thousand angry consumers discussing the best way to get revenge.

Tom did a good job of addressing the problems with the Super Vapezilla as a product. But even ignoring that, it's a matter of principal here.

But yeah, obviously the good news is: you can get a better vaporizer for half the cost! :brow:

vtac,

max

Out to lunch
I don't know if XERxes19 has even checked back since he posted, :shrug: but if not, this thread can be a 'refresher warning' to unsuspecting vape shoppers. BEWARE OF WICKED ROOTS PRODUCTS!

max,

XERxes19

heh, didnt check until now.. but thanks for all the werds of wisdom. yah i guess its a safer bet not to go with any 'wicked roots' crap. they have too far of a bad reputation of trying to fake a good a reputation for themselves, whether the fake sites are true or not they seem to have to much flak on their record :lol::( bummer

the extreme vaporiser looks pretty wicked though, with its glass-on-glass pieces.. where can you buy one of these things? somewhere on the interest possibly, or do you think i could find one in a big city like Vancouver? just tell me guys, whats the nicest vapo money can buy!!!! health cannot have a price put on it

Edit:
Purple-Days said:
G) [url]http://s2d2.turboimagehost.com/t/390645_101_0194.JPG[/url]
That's the guts of out Super-Zilla. You decide. Fire caulk? Air gaps... and electric insulation in the air-path.
As an wana-be electrician, now that ive seen the insides.. that looks pretty bad. Or at least the internal components dont look to be anything special for a vaporizer worth $450+

XERxes19,

Purple-Days

Use the Force, Luke...

Read, man, read. Lots of info here. And honest user info. No BS here. It just can't wash in this crowd.

Not sure of what the shops will have, but don't swing to the other extreme and go cheap (no reference to the Extreme, it sounds like a great vape).

Purple-Days,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
You will be best served by reading up on the different vaporizers talked about on this forum. You will find that buying the best vaporizer is a personal matter depending on what your use habits are, etc. I suggest starting with the threads on the Extreme (E), Purple Days (PD), Silver Surver (SSV) and Da Buddha (DB).

Don't rush into it, as there are big differences.

stickstones,

max

Out to lunch
There's a lot to choose from Xerxes, and it's even tougher if you're new to vaporizing. The models that stickstones mentioned are the most popular here, which means they're the best choices in their respective catagories, because it's well known that fuckcombustion members are the most knowledgeable vaporists of them all. :lol:

If you want to get all three main vapor delivery methods in one vape (bag, whip, and forced air whip), the Extreme is the one and only.

The Purple-Days will give you 'extreme' efficiency with your herb, a pleasureable vaping experience, a vape that should never break down, and a work of art all in one unit. Considering the work that goes into crafting a PD, it's the best vape bargain on the market at $150. Quite a few of us here have bought one even though we already own one or more vapes. It seems to go well with the SSV (Silver Surfer) in particular.

The SSV (and little brother DBV) is generally considered the best whip vape. It can deliver big, mostly smooth hits, comes with some different looks and unique glass parts, and has proven it's reliability through the years. It also has a nice, safe vapor path-only through the glass heater cover and ceramic element. Even users who have purchased the $500+ digital whip units like Vapezilla or Evolutions, often come back to the analog Surfer for vaping enjoyment.

max,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
I second what Max said, that pretty much sums it up. You can't go wrong with any of these units and I am one of those that owned the $500 vapes (Evolutions and Vaporfection) and I can honestly stand behind the SSV. Being a new member of the SSV/PD club, I can also attest that this is a very good combo to have. One is super efficient when you are vaping alone or low on herb, and the SSV when you just want to "take it to the head!"

stonemonkey55,

Volcano South

I really prefer the bags. I mean, as I type this, I'm sitting in my office (friendly company....) and the half filled bag is sitting on my desk. How much better could that be?

I know there's a couple of other models that accept bags, but honestly as a conversation piece I think the Volcano wins hands down. I don't like the smaller models, wooden boxed models.

Don't get me wrong, should a friend have any of these other fine vapes, you betcha I'm going to take a hit. Whip, bag, direct draw, whatever. If it vapes I inhale. I just really prefer the Volcano for reasons other than the fact it's a vaporizer.

Whatever you buy, I'm sure you'll be happy.

Volcano South,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Volcano South said:
I really prefer the bags. I mean, as I type this, I'm sitting in my office (friendly company....) and the half filled bag is sitting on my desk. How much better could that be?
Let me know when a position opens up at your company! :brow:

stickstones,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom