VHB - O’Connell Woodworks - All in One IH and Vapcap Brick

b0

Cloudy...
Not user replaceable. The warranty covers one year. They said certain technical minded people who are careful might be able to take it apart to replace the battery but it’s not recommended.

Sad, not interested anymore then

b0,

Gdash

I received my unit today. It's a nice block of wood with shades of dark and light walnut. It's a little bigger than I thought, it's approximately the size of a Sticky Brick OG.

Portable around the house, but it won't be a vape you can put in your pocket and take on the go; it has a long glass stem after all. It wasn't a concern of mine, but someone asked so I wanted to include that.

I like the TI Tip for it's quick heat up and cool down, but I still prefer the SS tip. I found that I prefer the captive cap with this vape; it ensures the cap doesn't come off, as it sits upside down. It also adds a little extra airflow compared to the standard cap due to its restrictive draw.

It feels so natural to pulse and prolong the heat after the initial click, and it's a welcome change to the usual DV experience. Getting great extraction that way especially in the half bowl position. Ive heard this can damage the cap, however I don't believe it would be a noticeable or significant difference.

Haven't tried the wpa glass stem that came with it yet. More testing to do, but so far so good.

Last edited:

danjens

All in one landed yesterday.
Had a chance to run a few bowls through it. I prefer the ss tips, as it really feels like a session dyna. Hitting the first click then pulsing/sipping until cashed. Makes for a really really nice little sipper.
Single hit extractions are absolutely possible, but to me I prefer sippin and extending the bowl a bit.
The unit itself is slightly larger than I was anticipating, but well made nonetheless.
I tried out the wpa for a bowl and it worked really well. I really like the heating signature of the ih portion, can really get close to the line with relative ease.
I took out the mouthpiece/wpa and used it as a standalone induction heating for some other stems, and it worked really well. Though that doesn’t really come as a surprise, only to say it works as a regular induction heater if for whatever reason you want to use it that way too.

It won’t replace my dynas for out and about, when I’m at home in the mood for a dyna, I’ll definitely be reaching for the all in one, cool device.

kuzko

My VHB x OCW Handheld came in a bit ago. Pretty cool device. Nice and solid, beautiful wood grain. I went with a green led heater indicator and I’m happy with it. The cooking stem is really nice and the fit into the wood in perfectly tight. The click on the cap is only slightly muffled, not a problem for me. Have a Ti vong tip on it with a perforated cap and I’m getting really nice rips. All in one!👍

schenkadere

I love mine. Turns the DynaVap into more of a session device. I'm using a beaded stem with a standard Ti tip and standard cap.
I went with the RGB LED thinking it would be similar to using any IH and that helps me time things, but it's a very different device...kinda wish I got the purple, lol...oh well. I sometimes don't even get a click and sip well before that anyway. It's definitely calibrated much different than a straight up IH.

schenkadere

All in one landed yesterday.
Had a chance to run a few bowls through it. I prefer the ss tips, as it really feels like a session dyna. Hitting the first click then pulsing/sipping until cashed. Makes for a really really nice little sipper.
Single hit extractions are absolutely possible, but to me I prefer sippin and extending the bowl a bit.
The unit itself is slightly larger than I was anticipating, but well made nonetheless.
I tried out the wpa for a bowl and it worked really well. I really like the heating signature of the ih portion, can really get close to the line with relative ease.
I took out the mouthpiece/wpa and used it as a standalone induction heating for some other stems, and it worked really well. Though that doesn’t really come as a surprise, only to say it works as a regular induction heater if for whatever reason you want to use it that way too.

It won’t replace my dynas for out and about, when I’m at home in the mood for a dyna, I’ll definitely be reaching for the all in one, cool device.
I didn't find it to work very well as a straight up IH. It's calibrated differently and it takes a long time to get to the click.

Does anyone else have an issue with the tips falling out? I've dented 2 caps already.

Gdash

I didn't find it to work very well as a straight up IH. It's calibrated differently and it takes a long time to get to the click.

Does anyone else have an issue with the tips falling out? I've dented 2 caps already.

I noticed that the tips get pretty loose especially after they are warm from use. Mine don't just fall out on their own but it doesn't take much for them to come off. Taking the block that holds the stem off or doing a reload is when this usually happens and it's one of the annoying things about this device. Haven't been using my device much lately but maybe some thicker o-rings might work?

schenkadere

I noticed that the tips get pretty loose especially after they are warm from use. Mine don't just fall out on their own but it doesn't take much for them to come off. Taking the block that holds the stem off or doing a reload is when this usually happens and it's one of the annoying things about this device. Haven't been using my device much lately but maybe some thicker o-rings might work?
or we could hold it "upside down" lol

kuzko

I’ve been been using a perforated cap on the new vong tip without any problems. Give your caps a little squeeze to see if you can get them on tighter or maybe switch to a captive cap.

kuzko,

Baboose1948

I’ve been been using a perforated cap on the new vong tip without any problems. Give your caps a little squeeze to see if you can get them on tighter or maybe switch to a captive cap.
I believe they are talking about the whole tip falling out of the stem.

kuzko

Which tip are you using?

The newest Ti Vong tip. It’s funny because I’ve thought about just carrying around loaded tips to swap out when one is spent but I decided against it because I figured it was easier to reload than to pull off the tip each time.

kuzko,

schenkadere

The newest Ti Vong tip. It’s funny because I’ve thought about just carrying around loaded tips to swap out when one is spent but I decided against it because I figured it was easier to reload than to pull off the tip each time.
I’m using 2019 SS and a 4 groove Ti. They’re fine until I gets warm then they’re very loose.

I had the same thought about the tips, lol

schenkadere,

kuzko

How does one use the classifieds here? Do you need a certain status level?

schenkadere

Thanks. I guess I don't qualify. I'd like to sell mine since I have way too much overlap and it was ordered on a whim. It's really nice and I really like it, but I really don't need it and it's money better spent elsewhere.

schenkadere,

danjens

How long was it taking you to get a click, using as a stand alone induction heater?
For reference, my pipe brute will give me a click in about 9-10 seconds from cold start. I just timed the all-in-one and got a click in ~11.75 seconds.
Ti tip, standard cap.
Using a 2019 M tip, never fallen out or appeared to be loose.
Maybe I got lucky with my unit?

danjens,

schenkadere

How long was it taking you to get a click, using as a stand alone induction heater?
For reference, my pipe brute will give me a click in about 9-10 seconds from cold start. I just timed the all-in-one and got a click in ~11.75 seconds.
Ti tip, standard cap.
Using a 2019 M tip, never fallen out or appeared to be loose.
Maybe I got lucky with my unit?
I don't use it as a standalone IH. I use the sip while heating. I use a 4 groove Ti and a 2019 SS both with standard caps.
Maybe my o-rings shrunk from iso soaks? I have 3 bent stems and 2 WPA stems ( always get extras since I always break glass) and they're loose on all of them.

Maybe I should change the o-rings and remove them in the future for cleaning? IDK I'll give that a shot.

schenkadere,
Reactions: danjens

ThePox700

I don't use it as a standalone IH. I use the sip while heating. I use a 4 groove Ti and a 2019 SS both with standard caps.
Maybe my o-rings shrunk from iso soaks? I have 3 bent stems and 2 WPA stems ( always get extras since I always break glass) and they're loose on all of them.

Maybe I should change the o-rings and remove them in the future for cleaning? IDK I'll give that a shot.
I removed one o-ring from the tip I was using and that actually solved the issue for me. Not sure why it worked, but it did.

ThePox700,
Top Bottom