Venty vs TM2

Shorner

Don't know, I use on high temps (most of time 8 and few times on 10, when I wanna get blasted) and the AVB are always brown/dark brown. First 2 hits are full of flavor, the next 1 or 2 are ok and the last 1 or 2 are bitter. At least for me 👍🏻
With Venty all the hits are similar and the flavor is more intense.
So your getting 4 hits on setting 8-10 ?
I use the same temps and my 0.18 ish bowl is toast in 1-2 hits.

Photonic

Lesser-Known Lurker
Don't know, I use on high temps (most of time 8 and few times on 10, when I wanna get blasted) and the AVB are always brown/dark brown. First 2 hits are full of flavor, the next 1 or 2 are ok and the last 1 or 2 are bitter. At least for me 👍🏻
With Venty all the hits are similar and the flavor is more intense.
I agree with a few other comments on TM2 temp settings. Give it a try at 4 or 5 on the dial, and maybe 3 hits or so and check the ABV to see if somewhat similar to the Ventys. If so, note whether the TM2 flavor experience is any better or not.

These are different vapes, where the Venty tries to ensure you get consistent results. The TM2 let's you go as hard as you want, and for flavor the sweet spot is probably not in the higher settings.
Good luck!

Vergaro98

I agree with a few other comments on TM2 temp settings. Give it a try at 4 or 5 on the dial, and maybe 3 hits or so and check the ABV to see if somewhat similar to the Ventys. If so, note whether the TM2 flavor experience is any better or not.

These are different vapes, where the Venty tries to ensure you get consistent results. The TM2 let's you go as hard as you want, and for flavor the sweet spot is probably not in the higher settings.
Good luck!
Yeah I know, I prefer hard hit vs flavor.
That's only my preference 👍🏻

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
The low temps on TM still hit hard though
True.
I actually tried turning it up to 6 earlier today and refreshing my memory. What I noticed is, it's a faster hit overall with a slightly roasty flavor on the second hit.

When I draw at a 3, it takes a long slow draw before I feel that sensation that tells me to release the button and keep drawing for another sec or two. The first hit is decent with the best flavor. The second and third hits are powerful, even on 3, and still decent flavor. Hits 4 and 5 have roasty flavor with decreasing clouds. So I feel that I still get the full experience on the lower setting, but the process is drawn out a bit longer. The truth is, I have great access to great weed so the 4th and 5th hits sometimes don't even happen.

Sorry, no Venty here so no comparison.

snowdrop7756

Yes I often try to describe it that way, as speed of extraction and not necessarily temperature settings, which are so varying with these due to all the various variables!
How is that possible. At least going by the chart in the manual those tempd are absurdly low. All my traditional vapes I find anything under 190c too uplifting and not relaxing enough. Is that not the case with 3 on the tinymight?

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
How is that possible. At least going by the chart in the manual those tempd are absurdly low. All my traditional vapes I find anything under 190c too uplifting and not relaxing enough. Is that not the case with 3 on the tinymight?
I think assigning some experience to the number on an LCD screen is always a mistake. Temperatures aren't reliable to be compared between vapes. And different draw speeds, moisture content, etc has a very large impact on the actual cannabis-in-bowl temperature.

So that's all to say, just try it. Turn it down to 3 (or 0) and see what you think. It you don't like it, turn it up!

Definitely don't listen to people who talk about boiling temperatures. Trust your own experience and experiment with all your vapes.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Yeah see above, in my early days I also did not think you could get visible vapor at 350f or below etc but you absolutely can because those chart numbers are kinda meaningless ultimately (they can be a guide but nothing specific at all and depends on the vapes and many more things, particularly with manual pure convection though not exclusively so) when I use the TM I start almost as low as possible, turning it up tiny bit by tiny bit for each hit, temp stepping is a pretty great way to go in my experience to get the most out, you get full effects with great vapor quality

XpeeN

Adding to the comments above, it's important to remember that in pure convection vapes the set heater's temp and the actual temp of the air while it vaporize your herb are 2 different things. The slower you draw, the more time the air have to pass close to the heater, which rise its' temperature.

Back to the topic, I rain into vapefiend's video, which was overall nice except the tempting conclusion of "TM when on demand while Venty when session".

TL;DR they should've compare while using TM in session mode too, hybrid might be wasteful depending on your usage, and an extra: my reason for not using boiling temp chart for vaping much.

I had few problems with it:
  • while the only thing they talked about TM's session mode is that it drains the battery quicker. which I think is wrong if you take back to back hits as intended at session, because instead of giving the full ~70w the TM has every time the user trigger on demand mode it'll give the minimum watts it can basically to maintain temp.
  • Even when ignoring the battery point (which is basically the user's problem), they didn't actually compared this vapes as session to session vapes. Yeah, the TM's on demand mod is great and they should mention how great it is and demostrate it, but you should compare apples to apples, and also mention the on demand as another thing to consider.
  • They talked about how the venty can't reuse the same bowl at 2 separate sessions (not back to back), and commenting the TM (OND) can. I just want to mention that the TM's session mode can do that as well as long as you turn off the session near the end of the last hit and clear it down/cool down the heater and vapepath.
So, yeah, how can they compare the TM and the Venty when fixed-looking at the TM as mainly on demand? I wish someone to do the session you guys said above (in both vapes) and compare by that...

Now, personally, from a low tolerance user pov, I can't thing of using a hybrid session as I might not even finish the session, depening on the strain and the set temp. So I might find myself take a hit or two and just stop hitting it. Full convection will have 0 loss from it, but hybrid will waste tons of herb for no reason or won't be as enjoyable as a it would have if I continue said session (as vapefied mentioned).

BTW let me give you a reason about ditching the boiling points chart, although I'm not an expert so take it with a grain of salt (and I used temps and points interchangeably here). Vaping, unlike boiling, is a long process. For example, when you cook pasta and you try to boil water in a pot, you can start to see vapor coming up at some point below the boiling point (aka before there are popping bubbles), and it'll keep forming for a while (I think even after reaching boiling point as the spread of heat is kinda uneven so some water did reach boiling temp and some didn't). Prrl labs was part of a nice discussions about this topic you should check some out if you're interested. Here's one of them.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Now, personally, from a low tolerance user pov, I can't thing of using a hybrid session as I might not even finish the session, depening on the strain and the set temp. So I might find myself take a hit or two and just stop hitting it.

Using titanium capsules in the Venty.
20 second heat up, Take a few hits.
Dump capsule.
Later… reload unfinished capsule, take more hits.
Close to my TM2’s “on demand” mode.

XpeeN

Using titanium capsules in the Venty.
20 second heat up, Take a few hits.
Dump capsule.
Later… reload unfinished capsule, take more hits.
Close to my TM2’s “on demand” mode.
Sounds like a nice workaround. How do compare the flavor after reusing the capsule to real on demand?

XpeeN,

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Sounds like a nice workaround. How do compare the flavor after reusing the capsule to real on demand?

Pretty good, considering every vape I own, the flavor dissipates with every hit….
Taste can be very subjective.
Try it with the stock S&B aluminum capsules before investing in much better titanium version.

RustyOldNail,
Reactions: XpeeN

snowdrop7756

I'm lucky enough to have both. Tm2 I bought not long ago thanks to credit card reward points and the venty I just picked up.

Others have mentioned this, but I'm just going to repeat it's somewhat comparing an apple to an orange. Both vapes are excellent, not a one size fits all. If you can afford both fantastic.

With that said, as someone who isn't necessarily needing of a "heavy" I think I prefer the venty. Biggest problem with the TM2 for me is the CU works best rather then 3rd party stems. It's just easier to deal with smaller loads. Problem is I find it harsh on my throat and I can actually feel my lungs feeling off for several days after, likely due to not being used to the hotter temps. Now turning down the TM2 is an option, however I haven't been able to get consistent fulfilling results. I find very inconsistent results with settings 3 & 4, 6 however seems very consistent. This could just be user error, but I try to focus on slow steady pulls.

Venty just works. Pull hard, pull soft, pull fast, pull slow, all consistent. It by far is the coolest and smoothest feeling vape I have. Now with that said I havent pushed it over 190c, but I also haven't needed to. Even 185c has been getting me good and toasted. Setting 3 on the venty definitely produces a lot of vapor, though I still feel the TM2 can and will hit harder if you need it to.

From a flavor perspective this one is tough. Venty I feel like is slightly lighter in flavor, but more complex. I notice things I don't notice with the TM2. On the other hand TM2 just absolutely paints your mouth with flavor, so much so you lose out on some of the details. Not sure if that makes sense? Possibly because the vapor is just denser in the TM2? I feel neither are as good as my air max, but I can't make up my mind yet which one wins.

Size wise obviously TM2 clear winner here. I think TM2 is by far the best vape of the two when wanting something discrete when out and about. Easily pocketable and can finish a bowl with one or two puffs. The venty is smaller in person then pictures I feel, but it still has some length to it. Likely not going to comfortably stuff it in a pocket, and I don't think you can polish off a bowl nearly as quick as the TM2.

Materials wise obviously TM2 is king here, but if I had to own and use a vape containing plastic I trust Storz more then other brands.

Personally I'm happy I have both vapes and plan on keeping both. I'll continue to try and perfect my TM2 strategy and it will certainly be my go to if I take the vape out of the house. I think as of now though I'm probably going to reach for my venty more often then not.

sadf

I have a feeling I already know the answer, but for those with both, can the Venty get you as rapidly fucked up as the Tinymight2? I run every vape I've ever owned on the highest setting possible without combusting, I don't care about lower temperature performance at all.

I have a Mighty, I love it and it's a wonderful overall device, but I still turn to my Dynavaps now and then for high-temp hits. Was planning on ordering a Venty once they land in Canada until using a Dynavap for the first time in a long while and realizing that I really kinda like high-temp harder hits.

Really wish S&B would just let you opt-in to higher temperature settings on non-medical branded devices.

sadf,

snowdrop7756

I have a feeling I already know the answer, but for those with both, can the Venty get you as rapidly fucked up as the Tinymight2? I run every vape I've ever owned on the highest setting possible without combusting, I don't care about lower temperature performance at all.

I have a Mighty, I love it and it's a wonderful overall device, but I still turn to my Dynavaps now and then for high-temp hits. Was planning on ordering a Venty once they land in Canada until using a Dynavap for the first time in a long while and realizing that I really kinda like high-temp harder hits.

Really wish S&B would just let you opt-in to higher temperature settings on non-medical branded devices.
I'll let those with heavy tolerances speak, but from what I've read it can get you as fucked up, but not as quickly as a TM2. Venty is still a "sipper" / session vape, though a much harder hitting one at setting 3 compared to the mighty. Just from personal experience as a lower tolerance user I take 1-2 rips with TM2 and 4 with venty, though I do only use air setting 2.

sadf

I'll let those with heavy tolerances speak, but from what I've read it can get you as fucked up, but not as quickly as a TM2. Venty is still a "sipper" / session vape, though a much harder hitting one at setting 3 compared to the mighty. Just from personal experience as a lower tolerance user I take 1-2 rips with TM2 and 4 with venty, though I do only use air setting 2.

Thanks for your response!

Decided to roll the dice on a TM2, just hoping my unit has the ostensibly updated circuit board people have recently mentioned them rolling out to deal with the reliability issues.

Would have held out if the Venty wasn't capped at 410F still, a regulated convection device using a flowmeter and powerful heat exchanger with wide open airflow is something I've wanted for years. I understand why S&B stick to that temperature limit but I don't like it as someone who'd like to be able to clear a bowl in 1-2 hits.

sadf,
Reactions: Momor
Top Bottom