VDAB

3illmesmart

Anyone have this? I just ordered some, sounds like some of the first shipped to Canada.

Looks to be a useful addition to the line up.

3illmesmart,

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I don't know about this one... will await your review.

I can't believe this costs so much for a pen...
I also thought it was pretty pricey, especially if it's using older style wrapped coil attys. Looks like it has some feeding system where you fill it with a lot of concentrate of a very specific consistency and it autofeeds based on a twisting action. Looks like it would make a mess and waste material but maybe they're worked it out? Unfortunately they point to a video on their site to show it in action, but there's no video there. I would be cautious and inquire about their return policy.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Confused Tom Hanks GIF

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
The autofeeding system doesnt look very promising (they advise adding coconut oil to the plunger :puke:), those crappy rod coils are gonna get dirty AF in to time . Also looks like it is going to be a mess and the design is like 7-8 years,old..

Last edited:

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Yeah, I wasn’t going even post here as the OP, already bought them.
I can’t remember, seems like 10 years ago, when I was playing with the only available stuff at the time for mod powered shatter/oil atomizers. Some of you will remember, the 510 tiny ceramic bowl Atty, with the bare coil at the bottom, and it may have been called “Glass Globe”, as you put that on top. New coils, a few good hits, then the reclaim builds up, and no matter how clean your shatter/oil was, it just kept on burning and crusting up on the coil. Hits became NASTY real quick. Then you spent time on ISO soaks, DRY burning, etc. Gave all that unhealthy Chinese crap up long ago, as we have so many, better, healthier devices now. I’ve been surprised over the years to still see the same garbage for sale. I can’t speak directly on this product, but the tech sure looks familiar, and ancient....

3illmesmart

Okay, I've got a full week in and I have to say, this works as stated. I can't believe how long it's been since I said that. :rockon:
It is always ready and I know it has exposed wires on the coils, but it isn't harsh. It still has the 3 step battery, but even on high it's not harsh. I just sip away until I see no vapour, give it a 1 mark turn and it just keeps going.
I was leary at first, so I put maybe 1/4g of Blendcraft Sativa Wax in. Didn't go well. With the low quantity and first use, I cranked that through in a couple of uses. Next was Sour Diesel Live Resin, filled it up to the mark on the stomper. This is were I got it working great. Lasted for 3 days and I got to try all 3 settings. Next mistake, Blue Dream Budder. Way too dry and the screw just packed it in there tighter. Had to dig it out with a screwdriver, but I reclaimed it all. Next was Peaches and Cream Budder. Worked great and got the battery onto it's second charge. Just loaded Chocolate Kush for the snowmobile trip this week.
Overall, I am very pleased with the VDab. It is a leap of faith for me, because I like to SEE my dab, but if there is no love, give it a turn and away we go again. I only loaded my Slash a couple of time this week. After a few uses, I turn it upside down and gently dab a qtip. Consistency is a bit of a learning curve, but 1 dig out and I learned about what is right. Needs to be moldable. If it falls apart in you fingers, too dry. Concentrate would be too runny. I would say 1/2 of the dozen varieties I have will work no problem. If you can roll it into a small rod and it doesn't break or crumble, it should be good. I am even considering adding some dry to wetter, but that may be a rainy day project.
I haven't followed the suggestion of oil on the plunger, but I have a small bottle of olive oil I use on orings, so it wouldn't be a problem.
Overall, the VDab has earned a place in my lineup. It has good battery life, holds loads of product and the taste is good.

Word of warning, this thing is a weapon. It is a well made, solid work of metal, and a little longer than other pen style units and the first time I used it I thought I broke a tooth, but I'm used to the length now.

3illmesmart,

3illmesmart

Just an update, I took the VDab on a snowmobile trip last week. (no, not driving, evenings in motel) Only issue I had was I emptied it too soon. I took this and my Slash and maybe 1/2g for the Slash, which was enough for the time, but my VDab was my first choice, so It didn't last long. I could have went to the dispensary and got more, but didn't want to drive around town with the trailer.
I am impressed with the battery life on the VDab. It last me all week. Before this, I had to charge the Slash every day.
I think they have this dialed in. I am pretty sure it isn't dumping product into the bowl, it doesn't goo up like that. With the great vape experience, I think it is just heating the dab that is hanging off the end of the chamber, over the coil, and if you feed too much it may end up on the coil.
Overall, I am still very pleased with my VDab and it is great for load the go.

3illmesmart,
Top Bottom