VapoRX lighter based conduction vaporizer, ubie0improved?

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
i ordered one of these too! mine has been in transit since oct 2. i will add my :2c: once i get a chance to use it.

notmyrealUSERname,
notmyrealUSERname said:
i ordered one of these too! mine has been in transit since oct 2. i will add my :2c: once i get a chance to use it.

Since oct 2nd? Lordy. Where do you live (don't answer if not uncomfortable), I'm only 2 states away so it shouldn't take too long hopefully..

I bought about 90 bucks worth of stuff from 3 different artists on Etsy. Wonder if I'll regret it when I have nothing at my doorstep in a month, lol. I blew glass for a year on and off, and while it is the single coolest art I know of, the people it attracts can sometimes be a little unreliable. Like disappear to Mexico forever because of gambling debts unreliable. If I ever ended up really wealthy I would construct a glass workshop in my house first thing with a nice GTT torch - well, after touring the world, anyway.

I actually think I'm gonna like the VapoRX - it's basically just a glass blunt with an oil dome. And while I don't think it'll be much good for oily extracts because you basically have to drop them down a tube, it'll probably be great for solid extract. And with a jet lighter, windproof.

charliedontsurf,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
i live 'across the border'. today was turkey day, which is a holiday and that means no mail for me. i expect it will be here this week.

I bought about 90 bucks worth of stuff from 3 different artists on Etsy.

so did i! lets go off topic for a minute:

i bought the glass hot knives set that fits into a bong, and a rev. todd oiler. plus the taboo vape, and im down approx. a hundred. you can find some cool stuff on there! keeping my fingers crossed it all gets here in one piece!

anyways, i think that your thoughts about the taboo vape are right on! windproof, and don't forget portable! i wonder if it will be too hot to put into a pocket after use? might need to get a pouch to carry it in. i hope the bowl is a decent size. but if its not big enough... concentrates might work pretty good.

notmyrealUSERname,
notmyrealUSERname said:
i live 'across the border'. today was turkey day, which is a holiday and that means no mail for me. i expect it will be here this week.

I bought about 90 bucks worth of stuff from 3 different artists on Etsy.

so did i! lets go off topic for a minute:

i bought the glass hot knives set that fits into a bong, and a rev. todd oiler. plus the taboo vape, and im down approx. a hundred. you can find some cool stuff on there! keeping my fingers crossed it all gets here in one piece!

anyways, i think that your thoughts about the taboo vape are right on! windproof, and don't forget portable! i wonder if it will be too hot to put into a pocket after use? might need to get a pouch to carry it in. i hope the bowl is a decent size. but if its not big enough... concentrates might work pretty good.

Ha, small world. I was surprised Etsy wasn't overrun with glass artists, it is a super obvious outlet for them to make money (and glass art can be hard thing to make a living at) and shipping charges are cheaper than they've pretty much ever been. Prices are in that nice middle ground where the artist makes more than he does selling to a wholesaler/retailer but YOU pay less than you would buying from a reseller. The conversion pieces I got for 12 bucks would of cost 25 at least at a headshop.

Can you please post the artist who is selling the Glass hot knives? I saw one artist who didn't have them for sale but had them all sold out and link that rev todd oiler that sounds crazy.

I think the VapoRX will actually be pretty bitching for extracts upon further examination. Look at the picture where the tubes are seperated: the tube which holds the material is a very wide diameter. You could pretty reasonably get oily extracts down to the bottom, and if you missed, heat slightly and let gravity drag it down. I hope thing shows up magically tomorrow because I can't wait to try it, hopefully drum up some business for the guy too.

Make sure you see my post on inexpensive jet lighters: http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=3772

charliedontsurf,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
i got the bong hot knives attachment from HumboldtCountyGlass.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/55621735/glass-hot-knives-cupped-color-changing

the revrend todd oil extractor:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/5481350...search_type=handmade&ga_page=&order=&includes[0]=tags&includes[1]=title

i probably shouldn't have called it an oiler before...

I was surprised Etsy wasn't overrun with glass artists, it is a super obvious outlet for them to make money (and glass art can be hard thing to make a living at) and shipping charges are cheaper than they've pretty much ever been. Prices are in that nice middle ground where the artist makes more than he does selling to a wholesaler/retailer but YOU pay less than you would buying from a reseller. The conversion pieces I got for 12 bucks would of cost 25 at least at a headshop.

i totally agree. i will be spending more time perusing etsy. cutting out the middle man is always good!

notmyrealUSERname,
notmyrealUSERname said:
i got the bong hot knives attachment from HumboldtCountyGlass.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/55621735/glass-hot-knives-cupped-color-changing

the revrend todd oil extractor:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/5481350...search_type=handmade&ga_page=&order=&includes[0]=tags&includes[1]=title

i probably shouldn't have called it an oiler before...

I was surprised Etsy wasn't overrun with glass artists, it is a super obvious outlet for them to make money (and glass art can be hard thing to make a living at) and shipping charges are cheaper than they've pretty much ever been. Prices are in that nice middle ground where the artist makes more than he does selling to a wholesaler/retailer but YOU pay less than you would buying from a reseller. The conversion pieces I got for 12 bucks would of cost 25 at least at a headshop.

i totally agree. i will be spending more time perusing etsy. cutting out the middle man is always good!

I saw someone on etsy with ones that looked similar for 20. May have with 200 shipping for all I know, but just so you know. That's a bad item to get cheap with so maybe you went the right way.

Etsy rocks, or at least will once everything shows up.

VapoRX showed up with a mushroomed vapor sphere, that is the end of the female piece where material is placed within and then flame is applied to the outside of. Taboo offered to send me another sleeve right away, which is awesome of them! I can say the build quality of the whole thing is excellent besides the end of the sleeve - very heavy in the hand.

I'll find a cork and use the old sleeve as a bad ass extract jar.

charliedontsurf,
Wow, apparently there's a new bong based version:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/5925279...search_type=handmade&ga_page=&order=&includes[0]=tags&includes[1]=title

Maker ended up sending out the second sleeve for free without telling me, lol, got it today. Perfectly in the round, works much better, although it actually had visible glass dust inside which I would of inhaled if I automatically didn't look for that kind of stuff.

charliedontsurf,

nole

Can anyone share their experiences about vaporx?
I got it today, but I burnt the herb before seeing any vapour :/
Do I need a jet lighter instead of a regular one?

nole,
nole said:
Can anyone share their experiences about vaporx?
I got it today, but I burnt the herb before seeing any vapour :/
Do I need a jet lighter instead of a regular one?

Honestly, I hate mine.

The first was out of round and too thick. The replacement sleeve is better, but I think the glass is too thick. It goes from cold and nothing to hot and burning a little too easy. Trying to put oil down the end of the sleeve section is a nightmare and dry extracts are better used in most any other device.

The rubber 0-ring on the insert also broke on mine so it's no good until I replace it.

A traditional oil-pipe is superior up and down, in my book. This is all my opinion and I mean no disrespect to taboo glass.

charliedontsurf,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
I haven't had much success with mine either. I had one good session with it, but I haven't been able to reproduce those effects since.

It goes from cold and nothing to hot and burning a little too easy. Trying to put oil down the end of the sleeve section is a nightmare and dry extracts are better used in most any other device.

X2.

I bought mine to be a traveller "pipe", but it hasn't gone anywhere with me yet. I may just need some more time to figure out the best technique to use, but I'm not sure if I want to 'waste' my stash trying.

notmyrealUSERname,

amariah

Uh oh. Wish I'd seen this before I'd ordered mine. well this sucks. I wonder if I'll be able to do anything with it...

amariah,
Top Bottom