Vaporwarez dial sweet spot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Explosivo

Hi! i'm new to vaporizing. I just got a vaporizer a week ago (vaporwarez 3g vaporcannon) and it works GREAT! but last night we had a major problem, we were all arguing over a sweet spot. Any tips for finding a sweet spot with this vaporizer? anyone know the temp/dial position? If you can post a pic of the knob in the position i should set it at, that would be really helpful because every time i turn it on, it's so hard to remember the exact position my sweet spot is in! (for some reason when i first got it, i found my sweet spot pretty fast)

thanks, and vape on

-Nick

Explosivo,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
My sweet spot is 12'43 on the dial. (Imagine it as a clock)

I like to vape a little higher than most though, and usually I start out a bowl at exactly 12, and move it a scoche after a hit or two.

However, I have been vaping at slightly higher dial lately because I think my element is starting to lose it's ability to maintain the same temperature. I might call up the company and see about getting it fixed/replaced. It could just be my mind though. :p

SpiralArchitect,

Explosivo

SpiralArchitect said:
My sweet spot is 12'43 on the dial. (Imagine it as a clock)
i got everything but this part... cause u got the 12 and the 43 lol i'm not sure how to get that. but i see what ur saying, 12 is ur comfort zone - just wondering, how fast do you draw, and how much visible vapor do you produce (if anything) because i really have no idea bout that, when we were hittin it i think we were burning it way too hot because we were basically producing smoke (at least i think it was!) and i was coughing a shit ton. 1 thing i'd like to add is we had it on the max setting and i've been coughing alot i think i might have hurt my lungs or something...... do u know anything about that by chance?

also do u cough when u vape... thx so much for helpin a new vaper!

Explosivo,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
'the max setting?' uh oh! :o

Yeah, anything past 2 will combust easily, but you can combust before that depending on your draw. However, when I am 're-vaping' some bud, I take some AVB and usually go to about 3 o'clock. The heating element gets red hot and I have to take care not to burn the herb, which isn't hard, but it allows me to extract practically all of the goodness out of the bud and is an excellent sleep aid because of the high it produces.

My draw?

Slow and low. tokinGLX has a really good video around here of him hitting his SSV, kind of like drinking a milkshake, *gulp gulp gulp*, which is my same technique. It allows me to heat up the herb but each time I take one of the puffs I can taste it and determine if I need to slow down or heat it up to get my vapor.

I prefer my vapor thick, and it is almost always visible. Vapor looks noticeably different than smoke. It's much more 'misty' and has almost an oily look to it.... it's hard to describe. It dissipates faster and isn't as 'heavy' in the air as well.

Just experiment with the vaporizer. It's not an exact science and is different for everyone. There is always a learning curve with a new vaporizer, but if you have any more questions feel free to ask.

And yes, occasionally if I take a big hit I will cough, but that's only because my lungs are too full and not because it's combusting. Burning marijuana in a vaporizer defeats the entire purpose.

SpiralArchitect,

Explosivo

thanks man i'm havin my buddy read along with this thread, and the funny thing is he saying the same thing you said (no, i mean the Same Exact Thing) even before u said it. i thought that was pretty funny, but anyway u guys are both right. ur reply was very helpful thanks! and i agree those idiots on youtube putting the vape on 420 degrees are posers and have no idea what is going on! my friends turned it up all the way cause they wanted to see what it would do lol i couldn't even hit that shit. thanks again brother.

Explosivo,

Explosivo

hey man! well i think i fucked up my vape....

kind of a long story... well i was taking this massive rip, everything was good up until i blew into it. now, at this point, i think we were so high we kept passing the whip until this shit was BLACK... but we weren't paying attention. i remember getting the hit in the rotation, putting it to my lips and it wasn't even a few seconds before i jerked away my hand and started coughing. this shit tasted NASTY!!! and it felt like my lungs had just been attacked lol! i had immediately thought weed was burning on the heating element. i wasn't sure so i stopped smoking it (it ruined my high and bothered me a bit)

so i either blew weed into the thing, or we were just vaping resin (that's what i think was happening), either way something wrong happened and i'm not sure which....

i have a 5 year warranty on this thing, should i just send it back? i'm worried if i do, will i still have my warranty rights (free repair) after i do this?

thanks for ur help thus far chief

Explosivo,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Explosivo said:
hey man! well i think i fucked up my vape....

kind of a long story... well i was taking this massive rip, everything was good up until i blew into it. now, at this point, i think we were so high we kept passing the whip until this shit was BLACK... but we weren't paying attention. i remember getting the hit in the rotation, putting it to my lips and it wasn't even a few seconds before i jerked away my hand and started coughing. this shit tasted NASTY!!! and it felt like my lungs had just been attacked lol! i had immediately thought weed was burning on the heating element. i wasn't sure so i stopped smoking it (it ruined my high and bothered me a bit)

so i either blew weed into the thing, or we were just vaping resin (that's what i think was happening), either way something wrong happened and i'm not sure which....

i have a 5 year warranty on this thing, should i just send it back? i'm worried if i do, will i still have my warranty rights (free repair) after i do this?

thanks for ur help thus far chief
:lol: yea, the avb taste nasty when it combusts.

well, did the screen over the heating element go away? its a pretty fine screen, ive blown my bowls on it before. :brow: haha, that sounds nasty -- but i digress... the heating element is pretty well in their and i really doubt that you somehow destroyed it.

is it still functioning? what is exactly wrong with it? sometimes if my vape has been on all day, late at night i have to turn it up a little higher because the temp starts to lose its cool n' fluctuates, which is alright, it maintains my sweet spot practically all day which is pretty amazing.

SpiralArchitect,

Explosivo

i haven't lifted it up yet to see what's wrong, i'm a little scared honestly. it gave my lungs quite a shock. i wasn't using resin initially, but it did turn black. we had it set at 2 3/4ths so like 3 roughly?

i think it's just us being retarded and vaping resin lol. i'll let u know what happens next vape sesh which will be a few weeks, or on halloween

Explosivo,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Just sounds like you kept hitting it until it combusted and thats what made your lungs shake ... nothing to do with the vape :rolleyes: I'm sure your vaporcannon will be fine :cool:

Just be careful next time and set the temp a bit lower. That way you can hit it until you fall over and it wont combust :brow:

vaporcloud,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Yeah, def a bit lower. 3 is def. within combustion range. Try from 11-2 to have a better vaping experience.

SpiralArchitect,

Explosivo

vaporcloud said:
Just sounds like you kept hitting it until it combusted and thats what made your lungs shake ... nothing to do with the vape :rolleyes: I'm sure your vaporcannon will be fine :cool:

Just be careful next time and set the temp a bit lower. That way you can hit it until you fall over and it wont combust :brow:
haha yeah my friends aren't that smart, i will quote them. "there is no such thing as ""too high" oh you wouldn't wanna BURN the weed right?" they are very opposed to vaporizing which bothers the shit out of me, they like smoking pot a lot more. even when i wanna vape with them they go can we just smoke 1 bowl? over and over again. fucking annoying, so they keep wanting to turn it up. i had no idea 3 was within the combustion range. thank you for the info.

Explosivo,

max

Out to lunch
they are very opposed to vaporizing which bothers the shit out of me, they like smoking pot a lot more. even when i wanna vape with them they go can we just smoke 1 bowl? over and over again. fucking annoying...
Too bad your friends are confirmed smokers man. :rolleyes: I know how you feel. It's kind of like trying to turn a beer chugger into a wine sipper. If you like things hard and fast it's difficult to slow down and enjoy proper vaporizing. You need to find yourself a kindred spirit for a vaping buddy. ;)

max,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Thought so. ;)

Sadly enough, I'm almost positive I have to send in my VW because it's not longer maintaining the right temp. I have to constantly turn it up a notch it seems..... I leave it on for long periods of time, all day, almost every day, so I'm thinking it needs some adjustment/replacement. I plan on contacting the company this week.

SpiralArchitect,

Explosivo

knowing how sensitive the heating element is now, are u gonna just switch it off / let it heat up? i mean how much do you use it?

Explosivo,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
I've had it over a year now.... every day, all day, it's been on since then practically. I turn it on when I wake up, off when I go to bed.

I think it just got worn out a bit. I'm still waiting for an email back from VW.

The heating element isn't sensitive at all. I mean, I put that thing to good use. cranking it up to 3-4 for 'ghost hits' and AVB, and then turning it back down. That's prolly what did her in, rapid temperature fluctuations. It still works fine. It's just I have to put it at a slightly higher setting.

SpiralArchitect,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom