• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Vaporizing Opiates

RebelToker86

So ive been experimenting with vaping several herbs, and was wondering if anyone has experimented with opiates like hydro or oxycodone? If so how effective is it?

:peace:

RebelToker86,

lwien

Actually, I think you'd be better off with a bent spoon, a candle and a needle. MUCH more effective. :ninja:

Or, opiate enemas. Not quite as efficient as needles and can be a bit messy, but hey, if you're into that kind of thing, why not. :cool:

(sigh..............)

lwien,

CrazyCracker

Be safe if you do, its going to hit you a lot faster than normal. Don't take breathing for granted. :2c:

CrazyCracker,

RebelToker86

I asked a simple question and you give me sarcastic responses ( except you CrazyCracker). The purpose of this forum is to discuss all things vapor. I am not a heroin addict or anything along those lines, I was simply inquiring about vaporization as a method for ingesting opiates. I would really appreciate it if I could do so without the sarcasm.

RebelToker86,

lwien

RebelToker86 said:
I asked a simple question and you give me sarcastic responses ( except you CrazyCracker). The purpose of this forum is to discuss all things vapor. I am not a heroin addict or anything along those lines, I was simply inquiring about vaporization as a method for ingesting opiates. I would really appreciate it if I could do so without the sarcasm.
Heroin, Oxy, Hydro............same shit. And in my opinion, it is crossing the line here. Opiates is dangerous shit to be fucking around with and they're super addictive and can really fuck up your life if it doesn't kill you first and asking advice on the best way to vape it, to me, is a bit over the top, and even though you may appreciate it if I wasn't sarcastic, I will continue to be if this subject is brought up again, unless of course, the mods request that I back off.

Fuck man, at least if you take it in pill form, you're giving your body a fighting chance of not overdosing due to it having to go thru your digestive tract, but when you vape it, or mainline it, you are bypassing those natural defenses.

Asking for advice on this, to me, is almost tantamount to asking for the best way to really fuck your life up, so my advice is this......................Stay away from that shit.

lwien,

RebelToker86

I understand opiates can be dangerous, however I have been using them for chronic pain with a prescription for over 11 years now. I know the proper dosage, and warning signs of overdose. I am simply asking as a faster alternative to dosing orally. I appreciate the concern though Iwein.

RebelToker86,

lwien

Again, if you dose thru vaping, you are bypassing your bodies defense mechanisms that at least has a fighting chance of preventing overdosing. Vaping and mainlining opiates to me, is a major no-no. To me, both incur the same dangers.

You say, "I am not a heroin addict or anything along those lines.....", but I beg to differ if you've been using opiates for 11 years. Prescribed opiates is one of the major causes of opiate addiction and your desire to get it into your system faster by vaping is indicative of that addiction.

You say that you know the warning signs of overdosing, but if you mainline it or vape it, you will not get those warning signs. Don't do it.

lwien,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
Semi-synthetic opioids such as hydrocodone and oxycodone are pretty much fully bioavaliable when taken orally... there's no point to use these pharms any other way.

Chubba,

CrazyCracker

Chubba said:
Semi-synthetic opioids such as hydrocodone and oxycodone are pretty much fully bioavaliable when taken orally... there's no point to use these pharms any other way.
The point, as it seems the OP knows would be faster administration/effect. I have seen people do this, sprinkled over herb, holding the lighter far above the pipe. If you have a decade of opioid tolerance built up it might be within the realm of things that are safe for you. I wouldn't do it alone the first time in case you need some help.

As far as vaping vs smoking opiods...I have no idea.

CrazyCracker,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
I know people smoke them but it's pretty gnar and most of them are shitheads

bluntfaced,

bcleez

Rebel, I don't think it would be worth it. After much experimentation I think they are always just better off swallowed. I will keep an eye on the News and Observer though to see if you wind up in it. < - Raleigh here too.

Purple-Days

From Wikipedia: "The smoking of opium does not involve the pyrolysis of the material as might be imagined. Rather, the prepared opium is indirectly heated to temperatures at which the active alkaloids, chiefly morphine, are vaporized. ... The effects could last up to twelve hours." ... "Morphine is by far the most prevalent and important alkaloid in opium, consisting of 10%-16% of the total, and is responsible for most of its harmful effects such as lung edema, respiratory difficulties, coma, or cardiac or respiratory collapse, with a normal lethal dose of 120 to 250 milligrams[94]the amount found in approximately two grams of opium." ... "Long-term use of morphine in palliative care and management of chronic pain cannot be managed without the development of drug tolerance or physical dependence." ... "With respect to drug tolerance, the distinction between chronic pain patients and drug abusers is that the former will ultimately find that at an appropriate dose of medication, tolerance develops to the euphoric and other side-effects of opioid use while pain is successfully controlled for years at the same dose. A drug abuser or addict posing as a pain patient will quickly develop tolerance to the euphoric side-effects of the opioids he is prescribed for pain. As a result, such patients will demand an increase in their dose at every opportunity (because as explained previously, tolerance to euphoria develops much more quickly than tolerance to analgesia)."

From another source, and I don't know it's reliability, "opiate alkaloids are dispersed via vaporisation at approximately 80 degrees Celsius".

ev9w80.jpg

Purple-Days,

RebelToker86

So it appears possible but not advisable, point takin. Oh well... I hope NC adopts this MMJ bill soon so I can make the switch over to indicas :brow:

RebelToker86,

CrazyCracker

RebelToker86 said:
So it appears possible but not advisable, point takin. Oh well... I hope NC adopts this MMJ bill soon so I can make the switch over to indicas :brow:
Does MJ help your pain as much as opiates?

CrazyCracker,

lwien

CrazyCracker said:
RebelToker86 said:
It can. There is a real "sweet spot" with MJ and how it helps with pain management, and if you go over that sweet spot, it could make the pain worse, not better. With cannabis and pain, less is usually better than more.

It's also been reported that cannabis helps more with chronic pain rather than with acute pain.

lwien,

RebelToker86

CrazyCracker said:
RebelToker86 said:
Yes! It doesnt necessary kill pain, but rather makes it feel distant. I am less concerned about it. Also with MJ I have to use little to no opiates. However, I made the mistake of using what I assume was a Sativa for pain management, instead of relief all I got was MORE pain. I just wish I had access to High quality indicas.

RebelToker86,

lwien

RebelToker86 said:
CrazyCracker said:
RebelToker86 said:
Yes! It doesnt necessary kill pain, but rather makes it feel distant. I am less concerned about it. Also with MJ I have to use little to no opiates. However, I made the mistake of using what I assume was a Sativa for pain management, instead of relief all I got was MORE pain. I just wish I had access to High quality indicas.
Yeah, Indica's have been known to work better for pain relief, but what also may have happened is that that strain was more potent, and you dosed a bit too much.

It's been my experience that the best way to dose for pain is to take one hit and wait 10 minutes before taking another to see if the first hit worked even if you are familiar with the strain that you're vaping because there are so many things that can change how it affects you, from how much sleep you had, to when you ate last, what you had to eat, time of day, etc etc etc.

lwien,

Beezleb

Just about everyone I deal with in RL regarding weed has to do with pain and suffering. Generally it is used in conjunction with other meds or in a few instances in place of. I have not seen it erase their pain but minimize it and make life more manageable but it really depends on the reason your using it.

For people who use weed medically, I recommend a medical marijuana site rather than a recreational site as you can better contact and gain information from those who share your issues or similar and they can tell you better what strains worked better for them and what dosage and the like but realize each person a different and there is no cut and dry answer.

Also, it may not be sativas that you have issues with but perhaps that particular strain of sativa. You also may consider different ways of consuming it. Not everyone I introduced a vaporizer too find it helps them as much and several people bake their goods. They claim its not a matter of preference but effect. When it comes to using weed for medical purposes, I recommend experimenting with smoking, vaping and eating/ingesting it to determine which method works best for you.

Best of luck to you and I hope you find relief.

Beezleb,

bcleez

You think a MMJ bill will pass here?
It just seems like they are so militant against it. Headline news everytime they catch those big outdoor grows. I am originally from New England and am scared to death by southern cops.

bcleez,
Top Bottom