Vaporizing Harmful?

djonkoman

thecragus said:
It depends on the temperature you use for vaporization. The current studies show that if you vaporize below 200C, the effect on your lungs is negligible. This can be further helped by passing the vapor through a vapor bong to cool it before it gets to your lungs/throat. At this temperature, you will only be vaping THC and getting none of the CBN & CNA. These can be extracted by either making "Green Dragon" or increasing the vape temperature over 200C.

As you pass the 200C make, you beginning to get all the bad combustion byproducts including naphthalene, benzine, toluene and carbon monoxide . At around 226C you're getting about 80% of the toxins you'd get if you were smoking. Most herb will combust somewhere around 240C - 244C.

I think you ment benzene? benzine is what I throw in my car :lol:

djonkoman,

weedemon

enthusiast
i'm not an official scientist, but here are my thoughts and feelings on the subject.

we are still inhaling something into our lungs. I see the oils condense and collect on my vapes and glassware.

We are still clearly inhaling a golden sticky "sap" and lining our airways/lungs/circulatory system with this substance. I don't think anyone will deny what i'm saying so far. not sure what the implications are but further study should be followed up on. this oil has antiseptic properties so maybe it could even serve as a good thing. I don't thing we have enough research to conclude this topic.

we are still inhaling hot/dry air. Some vapes are hotter than others at the point of inhalation. I feel these effects on my throat and usually keep a glass of water handy :p I question the effect of this hot dry air on the cilia / flagella (sorry my biology is a lil rusty, we have cilia and bacteria have flagella? anyways it's not super important...) that line our airways. again not enough research for an answer.

these are 2 things that come to mind regarding the safety of vaporization.

a 3rd and obvious one is the vape itself. whats it made from, how does it work, did the people who made it care about when designing it? has big business come in and replaced glass parts for plastic etc...?

compared to smoking vapor is infinitely better right? but compared to just breathing how does it stack up?

weedemon,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
People drink and eat shit that belongs in science experiments. Unless you are extremely cautious to what you consume as food then I wouldn't freak out about some vapor. As long as you are using a safe vaporizing then IMO you can rest easy and keep the concerns to smoking and drinking, and eating while we're at it.

I see people put horrible shit into their body everyday and somehow live long lives, not healthy, but long. Just my :2c:

aesthyrian,

Qbit

cannabanana
aesthyrian said:
People drink and eat shit that belongs in science experiments. Unless you are extremely cautious to what you consume as food then I wouldn't freak out about some vapor. As long as you are using a safe vaporizing then IMO you can rest easy and keep the concerns to smoking and drinking, and eating while we're at it.

I see people put horrible shit into their body everyday and somehow live long lives, not healthy, but long. Just my :2c:

True. Having said that, your digestive system is designed to handle a reasonable amount of crap, but your lungs are built for air, with little contamination. And besides, just because other people do worse things to their bodies, it doesn't mean that we should completely dismiss the negative effects of what we do to ours. I don't want even a fraction of the harm that some people inflict on themselves.

I know that vapourising has a slight negative effect on my health - I can feel it. If I cook and eat my weed for a few days my lungs feel a bit lighter an more relaxed. But I'm pretty sensitive - drinking coffee regularly is something I don't like to do because it feels worse for my health than vapourising (although since I discovered cold brewing a couple of weeks ago I've been drinking a cup a day and finding it much easier to handle).

Qbit,

vape4life

Banned for life
+1

I've been doing some experimenting lately with blood oxygen saturation as well. I'm convinced that vaping daily results in a lower spo2. I've also read that long term low oxygen is linked to cancer.

Qbit said:
aesthyrian said:

True. Having said that, your digestive system is designed to handle a reasonable amount of crap, but your lungs are built for air, with little contamination. And besides, just because other people do worse things to their bodies, it doesn't mean that we should completely dismiss the negative effects of what we do to ours. I don't want even a fraction of the harm that some people inflict on themselves.

I know that vapourising has a slight negative effect on my health - I can feel it. If I cook and eat my weed for a few days my lungs feel a bit lighter an more relaxed. But I'm pretty sensitive - drinking coffee regularly is something I don't like to do because it feels worse for my health than vapourising (although since I discovered cold brewing a couple of weeks ago I've been drinking a cup a day and finding it much easier to handle).

vape4life,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
i'm addicted to aerobic exercise on my NordicTrack. i feel like i am oxygenating my entire bio-system.

Hippie Dickie,
Top Bottom