Vaporizers and Breathing Problems

Hi-
I am posting for a friend. He is interested in purchasing a Vaporizer, but has health problems with his lungs. He is unable to smoke from a pipe or joint, as it causes him to cough and is unable to inhale it from the irritation that it causes his lungs. His question is mainly, would a vaporizer be better for him? Possibly? Or allow him to actually smoke again?? Would it be not as harsh? Etc? Any help, or information that any of you can give is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Ravagedaffection,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Well it all depends on your friends health problems really. Vapor is better on your lungs than smoke, but it still can put some strain on them.
That and Marijuana is a natural expectorant so there is going to be some form of irritation.
If he is going to attempt vaping, I would suggest starting off with tiny tokes and see how his lungs handle it. Also got to keep in mind that it is recommended that you hold the hit in for a minimum of 5-8 seconds because the vapor takes a tiny bit longer to absorb than smoke. But, like i said before, it really boils down to your friends health issues. . . he might have something to the point where anything inhaled might not be suggested, if that is the case I would tell him to consider edibles.

DevoTheStrange,

Nosferatu

I would say if he can afford it to get a bag vape. Direct draw or whip vapes tend to have more potent concentrated hits that can easily hurt if you over do it. Bag vapes fill a bag with air and vapor. Since trying that I dont even feel anything in my lungs, its like breathing air with thin vapor, but gets you MEDICATED. I would recommend him a Zephyr Ion but if that is too expensive maybe a direct draw like the Mrytlezap would be the second smoothest I can think of.

Nosferatu,

Frickr

if his lungs are bad enough why risk even vaping? obviously he can still eat so that might be an option. but i had a collaped lung here a few months ago, and have asthma, and vaping is alot easier on my lungs than smoking is. but after the collaped lung, it was harder to draw on the pd due to the restricted airflow. my ssv has little drag and with it hooked to my small bubbler, the hits are alot more manageable, being able to see what im inhaling in the bubbler makes it easier to judge if im going to cough or not (making it very painful if i did)

Frickr,
Top Bottom