Vaporizer for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys. I am new to the community, but have been researching vapes because I want my next piece to be one. I am mainly looking at a vape for home and in cars. I like the SSV a lot and I hear it is the best whip on the market. The Purple Days is nice for the car but the long heat up time and no temp control isn't appealing. 7th floor says that the LSV has the same components of the SSV, and its more portable.

Does the LSV match up to the SSV?
Is the SSV cruise capable?

darth vaper,

Nycdeisel

First I just want to say I love your name, I was thinking of that name as a possible future internet persona.

They are completely different, logs and whip type vapes.

It depends what you want. The PD is SUPER duper efficient, but it might not be able to give AS big of hits as the LSv can.

if its just SSV vs LSV, then LSV all the way, Fuck tubing and plastic. glass vapor path ftw!

Nycdeisel,

weedemon

enthusiast
im not sure i would enjoy the ssv in the car (at least not all by myself), it demands a bit too much attention for me to operate it. in my car, i rock the MFLB with my PA/car adapter (batteries make it easier cause there are no cables to contend with). I don't really need to me looking at what im doing to work it.

for home use i rock my ssv all the time, but never done it in the car. you would need to buy a car to standard plug adapter. (the ssv uses 75 watts at it's max and idles at around 25 i read. so if i were you i'd get a 100+ watt power supply to plug it in to.) with a co-pilot managing the ssv for you though I could see this working.

i also don't think i would want to drive while using my pd. loading stems while driving would be dangerous for me at least :D

weedemon,

max

Out to lunch
weedemon said:
the ssv uses 75 watts at it's max and idles at around 25
I don't know where you got that info but it's wrong. Both 7th Floor vapes use 25.25 W max (the .25 is the light). That comes straight from the company owner.

i also don't think i would want to drive while using my pd.
Using any vape while driving, just like trying to do anything other than paying attention to the road and other drivers, isn't a good idea, but using a home vape is really asking for trouble. A portable like the LB or iolite would be best.

max,

weedemon

enthusiast
It was on FC that i read that actually.

StonedPony said:
I was wanting to use my SSV in the car and wanted to get a cig lighter adapter to conver to 120 ac I call es 7th floor and ask what size to get so not to go overboard and price would be higher...they say to get a 100 watt one that the SSV was around 75 watts at full TEMP...

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=115059#p115059 post #1357

maybe the information is incorrect however i was looking at the manual and on site but was unable to find any more info.

weedemon,

SmokingElectricity

SSV/DBV with hands free ground glass...

since you will be needing a free hand to steer. :cool:

@weedmon
SSV/DBV says it's 25W on the label on the bottom of the unit. at least mine does.

SmokingElectricity,

max

Out to lunch
It was on FC that i read that actually.
Doesn't surprise me, but I wish I'd seen it when it was posted. I hate to see bad info get around. It's a shame you can't depend on info providers at 7th Floor for accurate info. I did put a note on that post with the correct wattage number. Thanks a bunch for the link. Here's the exact info from Steve, sent in an email in Oct. of '08-

".... it says I think 52 watts on the bottom label. The heater uses 25 watts full blast and the light is about 1/4 watt. So when I first started making the SSV I was told the heater was a 50 watt heater when in fact it was only 25 watts. We tell people 30 watts so we are on the safe side if they get a power converter. They are all the same SSV and DBV. They only use 25.25 watts full blast."

SmokingElectricity said:
SSV/DBV says it's 25W on the label on the bottom of the unit. at least mine does.
I don't know when they corrected it, from 52W to 25, but current units do have the right wattage on the bottom.

max,

weedemon

enthusiast
right on :) thanks for the correction guys :)

on my ssv, there is no label at all on the bottom! wtf...

weedemon,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom