Vaporizer advice for Moroccan style hash

Hi all,

I am relatively new to vaping and have been doing some on-line research for a portable vaporizer. In doing my research I stumbled across this forum and did a quick search but couldn’t come across any relatively new posts? Probably just a newbie error… I’m looking for a portable vaporizer that’s 1. Portable/fits in pocket. 2. Easy to re-load/use 3. Discreet and 4. Works great on Moroccan style hash. The hash I use is hard to start and becomes more crumbly and less sticky after vaping…

I made the mistake of running out and buying a Pax 3 and while it’s ok on the portability and discreteness areas, the vape quality is poor imo. One vaporizer that I keep coming across is the Dynavap, but this does not fit my criteria of easy-to-use since it requires a butane torch or a large portable heater (the wand). One that I’m considering is the Crafty+ V2, but I’m not sure if this is the way to go or not? I’m ok if out of the box solution is not the way to go to fit my needs.

Thanks in advance!

Farid

You'll probably want something capable of getting a little hotter than a regular session vaporizer can get. You'll also want something you can fully clean, since hash can be messy at times. I don't think the crafty would be ideal.

That's why the Dynavap and vapman are so regularly suggested. Also, induction heaters come in a variety of sizes, the one I have is hardly bigger than a pack of cards.

Other on demand vapes like the RBT vapes could work too, but they tend to have bigger bowls than you'd probably want for hash. They're also not much smaller than some of the induction heater options out there.

Maybe the firewood? I haven't tried it though.

You'll probably want something capable of getting a little hotter than a regular session vaporizer can get. You'll also want something you can fully clean, since hash can be messy at times. I don't think the crafty would be ideal.

That's why the Dynavap and vapman are so regularly suggested. Also, induction heaters come in a variety of sizes, the one I have is hardly bigger than a pack of cards.

Other on demand vapes like the RBT vapes could work too, but they tend to have bigger bowls than you'd probably want for hash. They're also not much smaller than some of the induction heater options out there.

Maybe the firewood? I haven't tried it though.
Thank you for your reply Farid - very much appreciated! Sorry, I'm not familiar with the RBT vapes? Are you referring to the RBT Spinter (sorry just googled RBT vape)?

BlueGoose75,

Duba

Accessory Maker
Firewood 7 is just perfect (portability, powerful, easy to clean) but not in production now....
The new model, Fw8, is coming (around 1 or 2 months).

Vaporware

@Duba Have you used the Firewood 7 with that type of hash? I’m guessing it could be okay, and I have seen positive reports from people using it with bubble hash, but I’ve never tried it because the hash I have melts more and I’m afraid it would make a mess.

@BlueGoose75 I don’t have good access to hash, but the little I use is in a VapCap with an induction heater. I think the hash you have might work even better in a VC than mine does. :)

Also, while I’m not sure my hash would be great to put in a Firewood 7 or 8, yours might. If Duba is using it successfully with hash, I’d consider it too. I like it a lot with flower!

GoldenBud

Vapcap is a must imho. yes, hash will make your CCD tear off more quickly, and you need to clean it more, and the taste is not as good as the convection devices, but it's awesome to diverse with.
Heat Island works great too with small amounts (iceolator in this video)
Mi / Splinter - RBT .. the taste is incredible. but hash will cause you to replace batteries more often, it's not the best setup (any 510 tho...)

when i vape hash i use TUBOx / RBT / Heat Island / Vapcap (Ti tip w/ wooden stem)

Duba

Accessory Maker
@Duba Have you used the Firewood 7 with that type of hash?
I did yes, in my corner, we use to have this kind of hash but usually, i put it grinded fine between flower, not alone.
Fw7 is easy to clean and powerfull so it's a good partner for hash. I don't know about the mysterious fw8.
In my Glow 18, it works great too!

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hi, I used to vape that sort of stuff in a conduction based vaporizer with a 446°F max temp at least (Ace/Starry i.e :nod:) . I use hemp fiber to wrap it and to keep the vaporizer's bowl clean. I liked Dynavap gear too but cleaning is too much hassles when using hasch

Although I found a very nice tool to vape hasch recently (homemade ice bubble hasch & Moroccan medium-high quality), I got one of the early Wand by Ispire model with the flowers bowls. I use one of this bowls, insert a glass fritted pad (the one coming from the V3Pro is perfect) add a scrreen on the top of this pad. Hasch comes on the top of the pad+screen, no hemp fiber is needed. Hits are so thick... and big at 550°F but you still have nice cloudage at+520°F, very smooth hits also... I can say I'm impressed and happy cause despite I still had some ways to vape hasch efficiently it was for the most cumbersomes and/or making a mess... but here you just have to throw a chunk in the bowl, I only stir once per session and hasch is so well and fully extracted i can dump the remaining vaped hasch like a flower's bowl when still hot enough!

I think you can do the same trick without the glass frited pad but using another in stainless steel, or even stacking 8-10 SS screens. Really, if you have the Wand and some hasch, you have to test that... it's simply :freak:!

Last edited:
Hi, I used to vape that sort of stuff in a conduction based vaporizer with a 446°F max temp at least (Ace/Starry i.e :nod:) . I use hemp fiber to wrap it and to keep the vaporizer's bowl clean. I liked Dynavap gear too but cleaning is too much hassles when using hasch

Although I found a very nice tool to vape hasch recently (homemade ice bubble hasch & Moroccan medium-high quality), I got one of the early Wand by Ispire model with the flowers bowls. I use one of this bowls, insert a glass fritted pad (the one coming from the V3Pro is perfect) add a scrreen on the top of this pad. Hasch comes on the top of the pad+screen, no hemp fiber is needed. Hits are so thick... and big at 550°F but you still have nice cloudage at+520°F, very smooth hits also... I can say I'm impressed and happy cause despite I still had some ways to vape hasch efficiently it was for the most cumbersomes and/or making a mess... but here you just have to throw a chunk in the bowl, I only stir once per session and hasch is so well and fully extracted i can dump the remaining vaped hasch like a flower's bowl when still hot enough!

I think you can do the same trick without the glass frited pad but using another in stainless steel, or even stacking 8-10 SS screens. Really, if you have the Wand and some hasch, you have to test that... it's simply :freak:!
Hi, is this the device/set-up you are referring to? https://vapenorth.ca/products/the-wand-by-ispire?variant=40156870410419

I could be wrong, but the take away from this thread is to get the vaporizer to hot to vape the type of hash I have?

BlueGoose75,
Reactions: PPN

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
what is the consistency of your hash? and what does it do when you smoke it? where are you getting it and do you know its fresh? and what amount do you use in a session? all of these questions matter when it come to vape selection

Bad Dog,
Reactions: Planck
what is the consistency of your hash? and what does it do when you smoke it? where are you getting it and do you know its fresh? and what amount do you use in a session? all of these questions matter when it come to vape selection
I

BlueGoose75,
It's old, so it's hard at room temp but becomes pliable when warmed up in my hand, which makes it easy to break up - no sticky residue left on my hand. After it's vaped/smoked it just crumbles up -very easy to clean up actually. With all that said, what do you recommend?

BlueGoose75,

Bad Dog

when you are smoking it on the top of a bowl of flower/tobbaco does it melt down into a puddle and soak a little into the flower? or does it retain its shape, stay in place and just turn into a cherry?

Bad Dog,

Bad Dog

for hash as you describe it many vapes will do a ok job if you break your hash up fine and mix it with flower. DynaVap is very good and there are 3 ways I know how to use it, first mixing with flower as I said but this is actually my least favourite way. 2 since your hash is pliable you can take a piece and roll it into a rectangle with a pick tool, like rolling dough with a rolling pin, then take it and join the ends together to make a cylinder the same diameter as the DynaVap bowl so the hash is in direct contact with the bowl then fill the centre with flower, I like this method better than just mixing because the hash vapes better and you don't need to heat as aggressively. third is my favourite since its is a hash only setup, you will need a 6mm Terp pearl and roll out the hash into a circle that covers the pearl halfway, then place it in the DynaVap hash side up in the bowl, however you need a bong, wpa and IH for this method, since spinning and using a torch will move the pearl around. here is some photos of the last method

some convection vapes can do hash as well like the bowle. I fill the bowl with pure cotton and take the hash and roll it into a circle the diameter of the bowl and place on top after perforating the disk with holes the more the better, set the vape to max temp and vape.

my hash is full melt so there is little residue left but your hash should work as well

other vapes I know people use and like are the Vapman and Vapenic. I love my enail for full melt most of the time.

Last edited:

darbarikanada

I've vaped hard hash in the vapcap and the mighty. while it's easier to vape in the VC, there's a bit of a learning curve and you have to use a lighter, which makes it less discreet.

in the mighty, I cut the hash into tiny little chips, put it under the 'liquid pad'. I definitely need to go to the higher temperatures, but the experience is great: cool, tasty vapor, awesome efficiency.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Loading some in an old school bubbler and vaping with the radiant heat of a hemp wick held at the appropriate distance is pretty cool.
Be careful not to catch the hash on fire, it's tricky and an acquired skill.

I haven't really found anything that truly excels at traditional pressed hashish. The airflow and screen configuration generally is not ideal; thought about building a hash specific vape but it's such a small niche market here in the US, it's really better for someone to pursue where there's a more active market for it.

Dry powdered hash, or unpressed sift on the other hand, works much more easily in most convection vaporizers with just the addition of a small micron screen.

when you are smoking it on the top of a bowl of flower/tobbaco does it melt down into a puddle and soak a little into the flower? or does it retain its shape, stay in place and just turn into a cherry?
It doesn't melt, it holds it shape and just dries up and crumbles.

BlueGoose75,
Reactions: Bad Dog
I've vaped hard hash in the vapcap and the mighty. while it's easier to vape in the VC, there's a bit of a learning curve and you have to use a lighter, which makes it less discreet.

in the mighty, I cut the hash into tiny little chips, put it under the 'liquid pad'. I definitely need to go to the higher temperatures, but the experience is great: cool, tasty vapor, awesome efficiency.
I'm guessing this technique would work in the crafty+ v2 since they both reach the same max temp? I sure hope so, because this would make it portable & discreet. Also, do you use the dosing capsules with the mighty?

BlueGoose75,
Loading some in an old school bubbler and vaping with the radiant heat of a hemp wick held at the appropriate distance is pretty cool.
Be careful not to catch the hash on fire, it's tricky and an acquired skill.

I haven't really found anything that truly excels at traditional pressed hashish. The airflow and screen configuration generally is not ideal; thought about building a hash specific vape but it's such a small niche market here in the US, it's really better for someone to pursue where there's a more active market for it.

Dry powdered hash, or unpressed sift on the other hand, works much more easily in most convection vaporizers with just the addition of a small micron screen.
Would a powdered/crumbly kief work better vs the old school hash that I have? I

BlueGoose75,
so it has a low amount of thc anyway it seems (low oil content)
just vape it as a flower..
Maybe it's my technique but I've been crumbling up into small pieces and dropping it into budkups lined with vaping cotton in my pax 3 at the hottest setting and works like shit. Very little vapor...

BlueGoose75,

darbarikanada

I'm guessing this technique would work in the crafty+ v2 since they both reach the same max temp? I sure hope so, because this would make it portable & discreet. Also, do you use the dosing capsules with the mighty?
it should be the same with a crafty. I forgot to mention that you get a huge # of hits this way; when I put in .05-7g, I get ~15 hits. I don't use dosing caps, but some people think they add a bit more heat, so it might help with hard hash (from everything I've read about the caps, they're not at all necessary, mostly are a convenience thing).

darbarikanada,
Top Bottom