• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

VaporGenie

I was just thinking that vaporgenie should put its efforts into making a low manufacturing cost, smaller, steamlined steel bat, or just a smaller, less expensive version of the metal VG with a different, smaller less expensive top. Something that they could put on headshop shelves for 30 or 35 dollars that is robust and simple and really give people on a budget a real vaporizer.

charliedontsurf,

lesvape

Queer in a high haze
Some of the shops here carry the basic classic Genie for like $40-50, so that is kind of close to the price mentioned.

lesvape,

pinoy

PACQUIAO!!!
charliedontsurf said:
I was just thinking that vaporgenie should put its efforts into making a low manufacturing cost, smaller, steamlined steel bat, or just a smaller, less expensive version of the metal VG with a different, smaller less expensive top. Something that they could put on headshop shelves for 30 or 35 dollars that is robust and simple and really give people on a budget a real vaporizer.
The metal coil vg may be the budget vape you speak of. Puffitup gas them for $40 and there is a discount for FC members.

pinoy,

Rin101

I agree that the stainless steel coil VG is small and streamlined enough. It works wonderfully and is very cheap!

godman said:
The only problem is that the lighters get extremely hot so my fingers get burned, anyone have advice?

Like djonkoman said, torch lighters work well with the VG. If you don't have a torch lighter, the only advice I have about cigarette lighters is this (though this may already be common knowledge?):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ig51Ix1auXc

Rin101,

shpibrazz

Shpeening schpitz
Just got VG classic...can't wait to try it, but can't do it right now, must score some weed soon!:D very soon.....first thing i noticed is that the cyramic filter is waay down when you look the sphere part from above. I have read all the 66 pages on this thread and it is all crystal clear for me. But how can you possibly touch the filter with flame unless you push the whole lighter into the hole which of course is stupid thing to do? in my VG the space between the filter and the hole where you hold the flame is approximately 1.8cm. Hope that is normal..:)

One more thing...when i took the mouthpiece of i didn't realize till now that there is no metal pipe in this wood, it's just hole all the way to the bowl. Question...how to clean that part if i get combustion? I have read people are using ISO alcohol and pipe cleaners to clean the pipe, but wouldn't that damage the wood inside?

shpibrazz,

djonkoman

I use just pipecleaners to clean, got a pack for free with my VG and haven't needed to buy more so far
and sometimes I use a metal stick/rod too

djonkoman,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
shpibrazz - Its very possible to burn the filter if you use a bic or non-torch lighter. Or maybe not for you or me, but other people will most likely burn it. I once had a person torch all of my weed, and destroy my filter, he held the flame in the filter for about 20 seconds, all of those seconds I was telling him he was doing it wrong. Luckily I was able to get rid of all the black. Also just having the flame from the rim to below for an overextended amount of time can cause slight darkening with the filter.

I wouldn't recommend anyone using if they are slightly ignorant or already stoned, some people just don't understand the fact that its not suppose to burn the weed. That wasn't my only experience of people burning it. I have probably had 50+ people try it and burn it, not due to lack of me telling them about it.

What I do now is just light it for them to show them the general usage of it.
But since you read the 66 pages I feel like you would know that.

paytonpenn,

jets62893

heres my review. sorry if it repeats what others said, didn't have time to read all 67 pages lol.

I'm satisfied with my purchase. I got it from my LHS for $60. I have not used any other vapes but now I want to purchase a more expensive one. I think the VG is a good intro piece to transition from smoking to vaping.

it takes a decent amount of hits to get used to. I read somewhere to flip it upside down which initially started off well because the heat would rise. however I actually burned part of the wooden finish doing this. now what I do is hold it upside down but smoke in front of a mirror so I can see myself. you need to make sure to initially smoke pretty softly. it needs to heat up. smoke slow and soft with the flame at a decent position under the opening. do this for like 10ish seconds, after a few I start to inhale a bit quicker. if done correctly I can get nice, odorless vapor clouds.

if not done, ill either get nothing or a mixture of vapor/smoke. the former means I prob need to smoke slower or bring the flame closer. the latter means the opposite.

one major downside is that it is not good in groups. solo its great but my friends think it takes too long and usually just say like let's smoke instead. maybe it's just my friends but Ive stopped bringing the piece to group smoke seshs anymore.

overall, I say buy. it's portable, durable, and can get u fucked up efficiently and healthier. make sure to save your vapor poo too.

jets62893,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
jets62893 said:
I read somewhere to flip it upside down which initially started off well because the heat would rise. however I actually burned part of the wooden finish doing this. now what I do is hold it upside down but smoke in front of a mirror so I can see myself. you need to make sure to initially smoke pretty softly. it needs to heat up. smoke slow and soft with the flame at a decent position under the opening. do this for like 10ish seconds, after a few I start to inhale a bit quicker. if done correctly I can get nice, odorless vapor clouds.
jets - there's no need to be hitting it in front of the mirror- it doesn't need to be upside down- right way up will work fine. Not sure where you read that, but there're 67 pages of reliable tips here :)

(edit: I even think upside down might give you more chances of combustion as the load will fall from the screen on to the flame filter- and closer to the heat. Try it upright!)

WatTyler,

shpibrazz

Shpeening schpitz
paytonpenn said:
shpibrazz - Its very possible to burn the filter if you use a bic or non-torch lighter. Or maybe not for you or me, but other people will most likely burn it. I once had a person torch all of my weed, and destroy my filter, he held the flame in the filter for about 20 seconds, all of those seconds I was telling him he was doing it wrong. Luckily I was able to get rid of all the black. Also just having the flame from the rim to below for an overextended amount of time can cause slight darkening with the filter.

I wouldn't recommend anyone using if they are slightly ignorant or already stoned, some people just don't understand the fact that its not suppose to burn the weed. That wasn't my only experience of people burning it. I have probably had 50+ people try it and burn it, not due to lack of me telling them about it.

What I do now is just light it for them to show them the general usage of it.
But since you read the 66 pages I feel like you would know that.

Thanks man for the info, i know how shitty is when you explain to someone why is it better to vaporize, and then realize how people aren't interested in vapor story because they don't believe you can be stoned without any smoke!...aaand they don't want to improvise because they like it just the way it is when you smoke it!

So...what about 45 degree angle to the side while lighting?Does that technique gives you more control over flame, or is it just so you don't burn your fingers?:)

djonkoman said:
I use just pipecleaners to clean, got a pack for free with my VG and haven't needed to buy more so far
and sometimes I use a metal stick/rod too

What about alcohol man? Do you soak pipe cleaner in it or just clean it with dry pipe cleaner?

shpibrazz,

max

Out to lunch
I used a wood pipe for many years back when I smoked and cleaned it with alcohol. Just make sure you let the ISO evaporate.

max,

chucku

Charles Urbane
For VG noobs it is best after explaining to draw slowly to operate the lighter for them so they can experience how it should work without overcooking the bowl.

chucku,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
shpibrazz - its been said millions of times, but I highly recommend never using a bic.. Just because of the flint, you don't really need to get a torch. I would recommend getting a "pipe" lighter or any non-flint using lighter. Torches are a bit to get use to, I use mine quite often, but I always feel like I have better control when I use my candle lighter.

The flint will eventually taint your filter away from the grayish color and go orange.

paytonpenn,

Rin101

paytonpenn said:
The flint will eventually taint your filter away from the grayish color and go orange.

Where do people hear stuff like this? As has been said 100 times in this thread, just light the lighter a couple feet away from the pipe. It's as simple as that.

Rin101,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
Well the dust continues traveling seconds after, not most people notice. And not everyone does exactly what they are told to. Like lighting it far away. I still use a flint, if you can give me a good explanation for the red tint in my genie and how I can remove it.. I'd love to hear it.

And I am just saying, that avoids the entire problem completely.

paytonpenn,

shpibrazz

Shpeening schpitz
Yesterday i tried my VG classic for the first time...i didn't got combustion and was very careful with the flame,i dropped it in the bowl only about 2mm. Now, on the first hit i didn't got any vapor, but on the next one i got some cool cloud. Wasn't sure it was vapor, so i unscrew the bowl and it was all green-untouched. :brow:

I did get 5-6 small vapor clouds, and after that last hit the herb got mixed with green and light brown colors...it seems i' m having trouble getting bigger clouds. I tried with and without mouthpiece on, and i really like it more without mouthpiece, but heated wood burns my lips.

I used it like this...started inhaling slowly so the flame just drops into the bowl only about 2mm. Hold it like that for 7-8 seconds, then i feel the mouthpiece is getting warmer and warm air on my tongue, then i put away the flame and suck for 2-3 seconds without the flame. When i exhale i get nice cloud, but it seems it isn't as big as it should be because the herb has a really slow transition from green to chocolate brown.
Also i noticed that i am not sucking very slow (as i read many times here that you should inhale very slowly) because the flame won't get pulled toward the bowl unless i suck little harder, like between slow and medium fast. Looks like i don't have a technique for holding the lighter that long... :D

I was nicely stoned, different, but very very clean...but then my roommate disrupted the continuity pulled out the bong. After that i was crazy stoned....from now on no more bongs and papers, just VG! :peace:

So any verified technique on how to get big clouds?

shpibrazz,

djonkoman

with a regular lighter I also preferred it without mouthpiece, better control and with regular flame that's needed because IME it's a lot easier to burn woth a regular flame, a thinner 'line' between vapor and combustion then with a torch
with a torch on the other hand I prefer it with mouthpiece, since without I seem to never be able to inhale slow enough
and with a torch there's much more 'space'between vapor and combustion, so it's a lot harder to combust IME so the extra control isn't needed to avoid combustion

for cleaning I don't dip the pipe cleaners in alcohol, I do use alcohol on the pipe cleaners when cleaning my stone combustion pipe, but I don't really trust the combo alcohol and wood, also because maybe it could absorb in the wood and release again when vaping(no idea if that does happen I just think it could)

I have one such friend that keeps combusting even tough he used my vg plenty of times to master the technique, everytime he combusts I tell him he is messing up my vg and wasting weed, he just grins moronically and everythime he has a bit combustion he thinks he has the best giant rip ever, so I had to implement the rule that everytime he combusts he is skipped with the next bowl, and I always take the first hits because then at least he doesn't waste the entire bowl if he combusts
(he is getting annoying lately btw, he was a cool guy when we first met him but as time goes on he gets more and more annoying, we also had to implement the rule that everytime he asks for the joint he is skipped a round, since he already asked for his turn when the joint wasn't even lit yet and the roller was just moving the flame towards the joint)
but fortunatly most people figure it out pretty quick

djonkoman,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
djonkoman said:
with a regular lighter I also preferred it without mouthpiece, better control and with regular flame that's needed because IME it's a lot easier to burn woth a regular flame, a thinner 'line' between vapor and combustion then with a torch
with a torch on the other hand I prefer it with mouthpiece, since without I seem to never be able to inhale slow enough
I second that quote.

djonkoman said:
I have one such friend that keeps combusting even tough he used my vg plenty of times to master the technique, everytime he combusts I tell him he is messing up my vg and wasting weed, he just grins moronically and everythime he has a bit combustion he thinks he has the best giant rip ever
Yeah, people think I am stupid when I exhale and get nothing for the first hit. No.. I just know my pipe.

shipibrazz - When you master it you are just going to feel so great when reminisce about your first time. This is making me want a new one..

paytonpenn,

shpibrazz

Shpeening schpitz
I have one such friend that keeps combusting even tough he used my vg plenty of times to master the technique, everytime he combusts I tell him he is messing up my vg and wasting weed, he just grins moronically and everythime he has a bit combustion he thinks he has the best giant rip ever, so I had to implement the rule that everytime he combusts he is skipped with the next bowl, and I always take the first hits because then at least he doesn't waste the entire bowl if he combusts
(he is getting annoying lately btw, he was a cool guy when we first met him but as time goes on he gets more and more annoying, we also had to implement the rule that everytime he asks for the joint he is skipped a round, since he already asked for his turn when the joint wasn't even lit yet and the roller was just moving the flame towards the joint)

Wow ppl can see how you are annoyed by him...i had too many disturbing moments when smoking with unknown persons, because when you get acquainted with most of them, they start acting like they are out of control-tottaly missing the point of getting high. :mad:
It is so difficult to find more than one soulmate for smoking. For now, im avoiding large group sessions...3 ppl tops.:)

Have you considered changing your marijuana buddy? :) many people are annoying when they are high, but are a lot cooler when straight...

shpibrazz,

Rin101

paytonpenn said:
Well the dust continues traveling seconds after, not most people notice. And not everyone does exactly what they are told to. Like lighting it far away. I still use a flint, if you can give me a good explanation for the red tint in my genie and how I can remove it.. I'd love to hear it.

And I am just saying, that avoids the entire problem completely.

Weird, I have never understood why some filters turn orange. I have used a classic VG for 2 years and a glass VG for a year and a half. Neither of the filters have turned orange, but I clean them each every couple months (superheating with a flame and vacuum cleaner until the filter glows orange). Have you tried cleaning yours that way?

Rin101,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
@Rin101 Yeah, I have.. The first reason I came to this site was to find a solution to turning it back to grey. I didn't find one. :/

Did you use a flint lighter for your vapes?

paytonpenn,

djonkoman

shpibrazz said:

Wow ppl can see how you are annoyed by him...i had too many disturbing moments when smoking with unknown persons, because when you get acquainted with most of them, they start acting like they are out of control-tottaly missing the point of getting high. :mad:
It is so difficult to find more than one soulmate for smoking. For now, im avoiding large group sessions...3 ppl tops.:)

Have you considered changing your marijuana buddy? :) many people are annoying when they are high, but are a lot cooler when straight...

yeah lately I've been avoiding smoking with him since he first got annoying while high, but as me and other friends started avoiding smoking with him he has become even more annoying sober, it seems like he is kind of an attentionwhore...
luckily I have enough other friends who aren't annoying
one of the first annoying things he did was that he had some random utter bullshit question/remark to say when high, and he wouldn't stop ticking on my arm and saying my name untill I said yes what is it
(btw, he also once confessed that weed is an addiction for him, he has been an alcoholic during a year or so in highschool he says, has been addicted to antidepressiva for a while and during a week he didn't smoke weed for a bet he started drinking a lot, also he can't even quit tobacco for more then 2 hours, so staying sober would probably be better for him)

I have another friend who also says the most random bullshit when high and also starts asking bullshitquestions, but with him you just say yes to everything he says and laugh about how his idea evolves and his voice getting more and more excited(can't think of any idea of him right now but here's an example of something he COULD say:
do you think unicorns can float? 'yes' do you think they can float in space? 'yes' if a unicorn exploded in space, would it be blue or red? 'yes' etc)
but with that annoying friend it just feels like he is only doing it for attention, while with the funny bullshit friend it's actually funny, and if you aren't high enough for his bullshit yet you just don't listen and say yes to everything, while that annoying friend expects an answer that requires you actually listen to what he says

to stay at least a bit ontopic:
if you're looking for a regular flame lighter with the flame pointed forward(like a pipe lighter), I can really recommend those woth a long neck often used in the kitchen or as bbq lighter
they're much wider/better available as pipe lighters, and you can get them pretty cheap
only negative is that they're pretty big

djonkoman,

Rin101

Yeah I used Bics for the first 5-6 months, but I have probably used a torch more often since then.

Rin101,

djonkoman

for me it was a need to switch to torch
I bought a pipelighter from dealextreme to use, at the same time I bought a torch(just for fun and it's cheap anyway)
tried the torch once with the VG but no success, had combustion and didn't use it since that
eventually the pipelighter failed more and more, and one day I couldn't use bit anymore, and I was completely woyhout lighter in the whole house, except the beewaxcord that I got with the vg, a few candles and my torch
first I used the beewaxcord, it's great but a bit of a hassle to hold and light/blow out every time

eventually I tried the torch again and haven't turned back since, ordered some more and sold some to friends but that forst one I got over a year ago still functions perfectly

djonkoman,

shpibrazz

Shpeening schpitz
I have another friend who also says the most random bullshit when high and also starts asking bullshitquestions, but with him you just say yes to everything he says and laugh about how his idea evolves and his voice getting more and more excited(can't think of any idea of him right now but here's an example of something he COULD say:
do you think unicorns can float? 'yes' do you think they can float in space? 'yes' if a unicorn exploded in space, would it be blue or red? 'yes' etc)

That's the thing with ppl...when high most ppl are desperate to get as much attention as they can, but that's all in vain because tomorrow no one would remember about anything said. :ko:
But i like your guy cause of a way of gradually evolving story to the madness! :cool:
But what i like the most is when someone starts with "Imagine this...", and then tells the whole story while his never ending sentences gets you to the point where you forgot how the damn story even began... :lol:

Now....question>

when the hit is taken and there is no visible vapor when exhaled, but felt the warm air on your tongue, does that mean i didn't applied enough flame or is it still called a hit? :rolleyes:

shpibrazz,
Top Bottom