VaporGenie vs. Eclipse Vape Pipe

Status
Not open for further replies.

zlashed

I'm in the market for a cheaper portable vaporizer.

Several of my friends have VaporGenies, and I have had good results using them and have already gotten over the learning curve. I asked the guys at my local shop if they carry VGs, but instead they pointed me towards the Eclipse Vape Pipe. I definitely liked the look and feel of it, and they described its functionality as being better and easier than the VG.

Upon looking up reviews, however, I noticed that many people use the Eclipse exclusively for oils and concentrates, saying that it doesn't function quite as well with straight plant material. I will be nearly exclusively vaping ground plant material, so I was wondering if anybody can attest to the Eclipse's efficiency for such use. It would be particularly helpful if anyone has used both the VG and the Eclipse and can compare the two. As far as price, I can get the Eclipse for about $15 or $20 more than the VG so this is a negligible criterion.

Any information would be highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
zlashed

zlashed,

SD_haze

eclipse is definitely not worth getting just for ground bud.

if you've never used a glass VG, they work even better than the classic ones (albeit more fragile of course)

if moneys a concern you should definitely look into the magic flight box, just over $100 but the lifetime warranty will make the long-run cost pale in comparison to a lot of other stuff out there

SD_haze,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
I've got the two. It's a 'no brainer'. VG for buds definately. The Eclipse is actually pretty frustrating with herb IME- there's a learning curve, and it's still not great.

WatTyler,

djonkoman

I have a VG, I can't compare but my VG functions very well, only problem are some smokerfriends who still don't get that it's the point to NOT combust, and that a hit that wastes the entire bowl for the others since you've burned everything is NOT a good hit
lately I've been using it a lot for hash

djonkoman,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Then look into the SS VG Coil. Not only is it more cost effective, its MUCH more difficult to combust with than the original VG pipe.

This is a HUGE plus for my smoker buddies.

AGBeer,

zlashed

Much appreciated, I got the information I wanted and more. Ill definitely be going with a VG then.

I'll look into maybe picking up the coil vs. the classic as well.

Many thanks to all who responded.

zlashed

zlashed,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom