VaporBox

SeaWaddles

Hello, I am new to the forum so forgive me if this has been discussed already, i have used one volcano vape before in my life and i was already pretty high when i used it so i dont really recall the effects, lately i have been more concerned with my health so i decided to order a vape after much reasearch i decided to go with a vaporbox "http://www.vapeworld.com/vaporizers/vaporbox-hands-free-vaporizer" this is the exact package i ordered, it should be here tomorrow hopefully. I would just like to know if anyone has used this vape before and what they think of it. I heard that it was made by the same people who make the Vapor Brothers Vapes and i heard they are very good, I would just like to know if i made a good decision and if anyone has any newbie vape tips for me i would love to hear them.

:peace: Thank you very much.

SeaWaddles,

The_Algebraist

Generally, and correct me if I am wrong, the vape connoisseurs here recommend:

whip vape: SSV or DBV
bag vape: Volcano or Extreme
home use/efficiency: PD
travel/portable: Iolite

all depends on if you like bong-rip style vaping, mellow small hit vaping etc. I'm assuming you're looking for a home-use vape. I don't know anything about the specific vaporizer that you ordered, but seeing as it's $159 you might want to read up a bit on the vapes listed above and possibly return your box vape and possibly purchase a DBV which would fall into the same price-point as the one you ordered.

The_Algebraist,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
The_Algebraist said:
Generally, and correct me if I am wrong, the vape connoisseurs here recommend:

whip vape: SSV or DBV
bag vape: Volcano or Extreme
home use/efficiency: PD
travel/portable: Iolite

all depends on if you like bong-rip style vaping, mellow small hit vaping etc. I'm assuming you're looking for a home-use vape. I don't know anything about the specific vaporizer that you ordered, but seeing as it's $159 you might want to read up a bit on the vapes listed above and possibly return your box vape and possibly purchase a DBV which would fall into the same price-point as the one you ordered.
to throw in a couple other good models,

whip/box: vaporwarez
bag: Herbalaire
vaporbong: herborizer and vhw
portables: vaporgenie, vaporstar
and to reiterate: PD for efficiency

Acolyte of Zinglon,

SeaWaddles

Thanks for the tips. is an SSV a silver surfer? and I dont know what a DBV is. also I heard that VaporWarez was bought by the company that makes the VaporBox that I ordered. and I would love to hear from someone who has used the VaporBox that I ordered

Thanks

SeaWaddles,

The_Algebraist

Yes, SSV is the famous Silver Surfer Vaporizer. Check out the 7th Floor website to check out the surfer and its less-expensive "little" brother, the Da Buddha Vaporizer (DBV)

The_Algebraist,

lwien

The_Algebraist said:
Yes, SSV is the famous Silver Surfer Vaporizer. Check out the 7th Floor website to check out the surfer and its less-expensive "little" brother, the Da Buddha Vaporizer (DBV)
Yup, they make a great vape, but it seems that their shipping and admin departments are getting worse instead of better, so if you are thinking about purchasing an SSV or a DBV, I suggest to order it from:
http://www.tokinsvapes.com/ .

Typically, I would always suggest to work directly with the manufacturer, but until 7th floor gets their act together, tokinsvapes, I believe, would be a better choice.

lwien,

SeaWaddles

Hello again everyone, I just got that vaborbox I was talking about the other day I've been using it tonight and been very pleased. I somked a bowl of my ganja through it and then went to smoke a bowl of the herb sample they sent to me and I feel like the glass didnt fit on as good, is that maybe because of the heat and the glass and it being a new vape? or am i just high? I left the bowl on pretty much the whole session just remvoed it every now and then to stir and once to change bowls.

SeaWaddles,

FEAR420

Hey everybody :D Id like to start off by saying that this little unit has REALLY SURPRISED ME :o Being a DBV owner,I will be comparing the VB to the DBV.I didn't really expect much from this box & expected to use it for a day then wind up giving it away as an Xmas gift. Amazingly....I think it might be the DBV that's being given away as a gift after just one night with the VB. So far it has the DBV beat in MOST aspects...efficiency,size,ease of use,taste/flavor & Warranty. The areas that it clearly does NOT beat the DBV in are Build Quality,Air Path,Durability & MASSIVE Foggy Hits. Now obviously some might find these cons a reason not to buy,but it seems pretty solid so far....and Ill explain why now....

PRICE - $169,same as the DBV and other top quality home vapes.

SIZE - While it is shorter than the DBV,it is longer. Remember this is a box & the DBV is round. Very easy to place & position.I have mine sitting in-line right in front of my DBV.About 2/3 the height of the DBV and EXTREMELY lightweight.

EFFICIENCY - Ok,this one can be a little hard to call since I feel like I had to spend an extra $45 on the 2pc VT captive bowl to truly get the most out of this box...The whip/wand that it comes with stock is absolute trash! Sorry to say it,but I call it how I see it...The stock bowl is huge,and the heater sits at such an angle that you would have to give it a decent packing to hold it in place so it doesnt fall onto the element. :uhoh: Seems like I have to pack very close to .5-1gram depending on the herbs with the stock bowl. Now with the VaporTower 2pc deluxe captive wand,this all changed drastically. I can easily load up just 0.1-0.3G and get a shitload of good quality,thick,tasty vapes. I counted last night & off exactly .3 packed into the wand,dial set @ 1230'ish....I got 37 hits off of it.All of which were nice & tasty and fairly thick....not DBV thick,but still visible w/o "special lighting". If I packed .3 in the DBV,Id be lucky to get 4 hits...granted they'd all be big huge fogger hits,but its still just 4 hits or so.

Ease Of Use - Im LOVING the set it & forget it aspect of this vape. Set the dial & flick the on/ff switch....no need to dial it in everytime. Just turn it on & warm it up.Ready to go in about 3-5mins. Or you can do what I do & just turn it all the way up for a min. then back to 12 o'clock and its good to go.The heater angle I must say is absolute trash though. I really dont like the fact that I had to spend an extra $45 to keep my herbs from falling onto the heater...make it a little less steep guys. 45 or so is a bit much....And who wants to put the vape on its side or upside down?? I want it to be used how it was designed to be used....UPRIGHT!!

Air-Path - Now this I wasnt happy with since it travels thru the box itself ,which is explained here -
vaporstore said:
FEAR420 said:
Could you enlighten me a bit on the airpath of this particular vape??
The air used for vaporization with the VaporBox is pulled in from the base of the unit up through the center of the 100% ceramic heater on its way to the the herbs. Once passing through the herbs and glass portions of the handkit, it's up the tubing and finally inhaled through the mouthpiece. If you look on the bottom of your unit, you will see holes from where the air is drawn in from. Looking closely at the heater you can also see a hole in the center from which it passes through. The slower you breathe in, the longer the air is near the heater, thus the hotter and more evenly your herbs will vaporize.
The DBV obviously is an ALL GLASS Vapor Path. This could be easily remedied by the guys at VaporStore if they so choose.

Build Quality/Durability - Well the DBV obviously takes this one & runs with it. The box is made of wood,so its about as strong as you would expect it to be. Quality seems to be top notch for a wood product though. I did notice what felt like the element cover spinning when I put the wand on & locked it on...maybe a full 1/4 turn of the element cover was felt. Very stiff,but definitely felt it move....maybe I shouldnt gorilla my glass :p

Taste & Flavor - Well,I must say....besides the vaporstar this is the tastiest vape Ive tried yet and I currently own 5,have owned 6....So I guess Im safe to judge flavor & taste quality. :) Every hit gave me full flavor until I started getting towards the end and the popcorn'ish taste came in,other than that,yummy goodness from every pull.

So heres the wrap-up - Based on 5 Stars
Ease Of use - *****
Taste - *****
Durability - **1/2 - Its WOOD....dont expect it to take much.
Price - ***1/2 - Could be a bit more competitively priced.
Warranty - *****
Air-Path - *** - Easily improved by the creator if they so choose.
Size - ***** - Nice & tiny...takes up virtually no space
Efficiency - *** - with stock wand/***** with $45 upgraded wand/whip kit... :/ :uhoh: :mad: This shouldnt be a $45 upgrade,it should be the ONLY OPTION IMO.

FEAR420,

Beezleb

Look forward to it, also look forward to how you view the vapes after some time and experience with each.

With those quality vapes, you certainly are set up nicely.

Beezleb,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
fear...what's the MF in your sig. I can't think of it right now...magic flight keeps coming into my head, but that would be your LB.

stickstones,

FEAR420

Yes the mf stands for magic flight. I gotta redo the sig and resize it...is a tad wide. Also gotta edit the text to just mf lb or just lb....

FEAR420,

Bananiq

Nice review, I was looking for some whip based vape, so youre saying despite the worse airpath, the hits taste better than with all-glass DBV ?

Bananiq,

FEAR420

Bananiq said:
Nice review, I was looking for some whip based vape, so youre saying despite the worse airpath, the hits taste better than with all-glass DBV ?
Amazingly...YES. I still have the sneaking suspicion that my DBV is outta whack tho. I see the cracks in my element and the slightest turn of the dial turns into a HUGE temp change....Something just doesnt seem right to me about it. Im gonna have to call 7th floor for a replacement element and swap it myself.

FEAR420,

badlarry

Glad you're liking the VaporBox. What made you choose it over the Vapor Tower? The classic vape design?

Just wondering as those cats over at Vapor Store designed the VT to solve the heater angle problems you have with the VaporBox. It was one reason I purchased a Vapor Tower. I've owned both and I love both. The Box's heater angle is my only complaint.

One thing I'd suggest you try is starting the heater at an even lower temp, then ramping it up slowly. I can make a standard sized VT bowl w/.1 in it last for a good 45 minutes ramping it from 9:30-1:00 gradually. No idea how many hits I get, I've honestly never counted.

badlarry,

FEAR420

badlarry said:
Glad you're liking the VaporBox. What made you choose it over the Vapor Tower? The classic vape design?

Just wondering as those cats over at Vapor Store designed the VT to solve the heater angle problems you have with the VaporBox. It was one reason I purchased a Vapor Tower. I've owned both and I love both. The Box's heater angle is my only complaint.

One thing I'd suggest you try is starting the heater at an even lower temp, then ramping it up slowly. I can make a standard sized VT bowl w/.1 in it last for a good 45 minutes ramping it from 9:30-1:00 gradually. No idea how many hits I get, I've honestly never counted.
Tell ya the truth....I dunno. Im a huge fan of the VT,but I think subliminally I just really wanted a box style vape cuz its the classic look of a vape. To combat the heater issues I bought the $45 wand upgrade,which I had planned on doing no matter what vape I bought,but as I said,that should be the ONLY option....:2c:
I have turned it down pretty low and gotten good vapes off it....Gonna experiment later & see what my personal lowest vapor setting is. Im thinking somewhere around 10 should be my minimum.

FEAR420,

rbrown13

from the land of milk and honey (Oil that is...)
anyone else have any experience with the vaporbox or if Justin could maybe give his 2 cents after owning the unit for a couple of months I'm trying to decide between this the vaporcannon 3G/4G of the vapor brothers and I'm looking at the standard models (non hands free) any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

rbrown13,

FEAR420

rbrown13 said:
anyone else have any experience with the vaporbox or if Justin could maybe give his 2 cents after owning the unit for a couple of months I'm trying to decide between this the vaporcannon 3G/4G of the vapor brothers and I'm looking at the standard models (non hands free) any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
The VB is still an awesome vape,but out of the ones you listed...theyre all the same shit basically. Just make sure you get one with a temp control and the one that looks best to you. The hands-free option is nice,but if youre worried about herbs falling down,either do what I did & get the VaporTower Wand (which you should do anyway if you go hands-free),flip the box upside down so the heater is laying flat or pack the herbs tight.

FEAR420,

Beezleb

I would not pack the herbs tight, that generally reduces vaping by limiting air flow. I am not aware of weed of falling being a big issue. If you operate the mainstream vapes properly their are no issues typically.

Beezleb,

FEAR420

Beezleb said:
I would not pack the herbs tight, that generally reduces vaping by limiting air flow. I am not aware of weed of falling being a big issue. If you operate the mainstream vapes properly their are no issues typically.
Yes,GENERALLY...but the size of the bowls/wands on these things are so damn big that if you try to pack loosely its just gonna fall out. So,yes,you do have to pack "tightly". Now obviously common sense applies here and you dont go & stuff it to the point theres no airflow,just pack it down tight enough so nothing falls out...

FEAR420,

Beezleb

What is the size difference? Its predecessor was a pretty popular vape but it had a better price point.

Beezleb,

FEAR420

Beezleb said:
What is the size difference? Its predecessor was a pretty popular vape but it had a better price point.
They use a standard 18.8MM Female GONG joint on the wand,but the issue lies further back in the bowl. They widen/taper out as it goes further up. So,where a normal wand would continue to get smaller,these actually get wider,forcing you to use more so nothing falls out.This is why I bought the VaporTower Wand/Hand Kit,its a simple 2 piece design with CAPTIVE screens. I simply unscrew the bottom,drop in 0.01-0.5G,screw it back together & vape away without having to worry about anything falling out,stirring/mixing or efficiency. Granted the VT wand/hand kit is an extra $45 or so,but in the end,it pays for itself with the efficiency & versatility it has :2c:

FEAR420,
Top Bottom