Vaping with natural blends

jardel

Hi guys,

I've stopped smoking cannabis one month ago, and want to switch to the vaping world. After reading plenty of information, I still have some doubs that the community here may help me clarify.

I'm not sure if to buy the Plenty or the Arizer Solo 2. From what I've read, it seems like the Plenty gives a "stronger" and denser vapor, but needs lots of material.
I usually don't use more than 0.2g, mixed with a natural blend (Real Leef), and don't intend to use more cannabis than that as this is more than enough for me.
Having that the Plenty has a big chamber, would it make sense to mix it with the natural blend in the chamber, so I can get the best vaping results?

Any feedback is very welcome as I can't find an answer to this anywhere...

Cheers

jardel,

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
I'm not sure why you want to mix that tobacco surrogate when using a vaporizer, doesn't make much sense to me. From what I know they serve as a filling for joints when you want to get off nicotine (which doesn't make sense to me either).

Anyway, the Plenty is a very classic device, but still one of the hardest hitters on the market. It's for those who feel underwhelmed by other devices and / or have a very high tolerance. It extracts fast and has a huge chamber, I'm not even sure .2g is enough to fill it entirely (and from what I hear using spacers does not work ideally in the Plenty). Keep in mind that one amount in a vaporizer can kick you quite a bit more than the same amount being smoked.

The Solo 2 is also a very classic device and still loved by many (for good reasons too). Compared to the Plenty it hits a bit less hard and extracts slower too, but that makes it a bit more versatile in my opinion and a great entry level device.

Maybe you should get a bit more into detail about what your exact expectations are.

Siebter,

jardel

Hi! Thanks for your feedback!

Real Leaf was actually what finally made me give up from nicotine after several years. Quite worth it honestly. :)
The only reason I mention vaporizing it together with weed is specifically if having the plenty, because as far as I understood the plenty gives massive vapor density due to the amount of material you put in it. In other words, from my understanding if I use only around 0.2g of cannabis, even if using the liquid pad it seems like the vapor is not the same, at least per what I've read. The same seems to apply for the reducing chamber...

Of course if I can vape big clouds without the blend, that would be perfect. My point is, I expect to have some considerable vapor as I'm migrating from 15 years smoking cannabis with tobacco (european habbits...) and feel like I'll need that. Maybe, for that same amount of weed, I would get better results with the small chamber o the Solo 2?

In terms of high I think any of those will be more than enough.

I may be doing some dumb questions as I've never tried a vaporizer before tbh... Just don't want to spend 200€ with the Plenty, use 0.2g with the liquid pad or the reducing chamber (which do not workd ideally as you've said) and then find out that the result would have been better with the smaller chamber of the Solo 2...

Last edited:

Vaporware

There are a lot of other great options out there, and while you’re right that the Plenty can give a lot of dense vapor (loaded with a lot of flower) I think you narrowed your choices down too quickly.

It may be hard to get one right now, but I think the VapBong would deliver what you’re looking for very well. In the EU the Herborizer would also be a great choice.

The Plenty would probably do fine for you too (even the Solo might), but the money you might save buying the Plenty will probably be wasted in the extra material it takes. Most people I’ve heard talk about it say it’s inefficient compared to a lot of the other stuff out there.

Farid

Most vaporizers have a smaller oven than the plenty, I'd stick with one of those (the Solo is great) and forget the real leaf. It probably won't even produce much clouds, since most herbs (besides weed) don't produce clouds when vaporized.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
I agree with @Farid, I'm not even sure vaping tobacco surrogates will give you any added cloud volume, so why not just take it out of the equation? You *can* vape other herbs in vaporizers (mint, lavender etc.) and that can be nice, but usually it's the cannabis that produces the densest vapor at these temperatures. When we want to lower our doses, we rather reduce the chamber via spacers or the like or choose a device that has a smaller chamber to begin with. For example my average amount is .05g in a Dynavap, a device with a very small chamber. If I want to go bigger, I choose the Tinymight, which has an adjustable chamber that allows up to ~.3g (which is *huge* in the vaporizing world). But we hardly would use fillers to stretch the flower.

Okay, so from what I see a slow extracting device like the Solo 2 won't give you the cloudy satisfaction you're looking for. @Vaporwares suggestion for the VapBong is actually spot on in my opinion; I don't own it but was borrowed one for some months and I have fond memories of it. It's a pretty unique device in many aspects. One thing I enjoyed about it is how it's able to create dense, yet smooth clouds without killing your load in only three hits (like for example the Tinymight does, although I personally enjoy that too). It stretches the session while performing great at the same time, it's also *much* more efficient and versatile than the Plenty – definitely worth keeping on your radar (unfortunately a bit above your stated budget).

Of course if I can vape big clouds without the blend, that would be perfect.

That's mostly dictated by the way you pack the chamber, the quality of your flower, the grind and some other variables (the device too). Many vaporizers are able to give you very impressive hits when used right, even microdosers like the Dynavap.

Last edited:

jardel

I think the VapBong would deliver what you’re looking for very well. In the EU the Herborizer would also be a great choice.
Thanks for the tips, but they're very far away from what I want to spend in a vaporizer.. :) I've compared lot of different choices but it seems that most of the good evalutations for the vapor quality end up pointing to these two for under 200€ devices. The only other that could maybe convince me spending a bit more is the Mighty, from what i ear.

jardel,

jardel

Thanks for all that info guys. Right to the point! You conviced me, i'll take out the reel leaf of the equation

That's mostly dictated by the way you pack the chamber, the quality of your flower, the grind and some other variables (the device too). Many vaporizers are able to give you very impressive hits when used right, even microdosers like the Dynavap.
I see.. it is not as much device-dependent as I was puting it, and that actually makes sense.

Okay, so from what I see a slow extracting device like the Solo 2 won't give you the cloudy satisfaction you're looking for.
Well in the end and having my budget in account, I don't have too many more options than that one and the Mighty in terms of vapor power + small chamber... and having that the Mighty is around 100€+ maybe I'll end up with the solo 2.

You've clearly clarified me in several aspects, so thank you so much for your comments guys. Really appreciate it!

jardel,

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
I'm not sure those two are the only options in your desired price range. Did you smoke joints? If so, maybe the Dynavaps could be worth looking into, their low budget devices are darn cheap and hit just as good as their premium models. Vaporizers worked for me right away (= they made me high), but it was the Dynavaps which made me stop smoking joints (shape, feel, throat hit). And speaking of butane vapes (although there are many ways to heat a Dynavap): the Sticky Bricks are very affordable too and they do hit *really* good. Not having to rely on batteries and working electronics is a pretty nice thing. Both the Dynavaps and the Sticky Bricks have many fans and are considered to be in the top of the league when it comes to reliability and efficiency.

jardel

I'm so noob that I had no idea there were non battery / electronic vaporizers... :b I'm definitely gonna check those out!

But then, what would you say are the advantages of the Solo 2 or the Mighty for instance, over those butane powered vaporizers? I mean in terms of vapor quality and efficiency?

I'm looking as well for something that does not end up 0.2 or 0.3g of material within like 4 or 5 hits...

Thank you!!

Last edited:
jardel,
Reactions: Siebter

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
But then, what would you say are the advantages of the Solo 2 or the Mighty for instance, over those butane powered vaporizers?

Everyone's unique, and different vapes are better for different people depending on that they like.

I've never used a Solo2, but I have used a Mighty, and I would prefer my HydroBrick Maxx (stickybricklabs.com) over a Mighty any day of the week.

btka

I found the volcano classic to be a good vape (back in time 5 to 10 years ago) a good choice to stop smoking... you can also load less in the cahmber with using concentrate pad... why I liked the volcano because it was similar to smoking (for example: for same vapes you need to take long hits so you get clouds or need a special technique) volcano you can take normal hits... also you can take the balloon and lay on couch or bed like with a j. . I think I got out of 0.15 - 0.2 g 3 bags of vapor... the first tastes best, thats why I later after I was used to vaping liked vapes like the e-nano you use a lot less and there for have better taste for longer time...

after getting used to vaporizers I was very happy with the e-nano vape... you need really small amounts and it also have similarities to smoking... you fill a little bit in glass tube (which resamples a little bit smoking) take a 2 to 3 hits out of 0.02 to 0.05 gramm (as i remember correct) this helps using less herb...

if you have more money I can recommend from newvape weedeater or so...

I am sorry to tell you there is still no vape which really is like smoking a j. hope will be in the future, but with time and discipline you will be able to transfer from smoking to vaping... but I was always after the j. feeling (ritual and so on). and be warned from VAS because at the end you will be always on the hunt for the vape which at the end resamples smoking a j. (you will buy a lot of vapes)...

Good luck and after you quit the smoking habit... NEVER START AGAIN!!!! if you do... you will be addictet fast to smoking again...

BTW the solo was also my first vape back in time but I did bring it back to the shop fast. First because it did stink like plastic and second it was a different feeling then smoking j. you have to draw long and it feels like sucking a milkshae trough a straw... but never used solo 2 or so...

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
@btka is correct, your vape journey has just begun. Can't help but think of what a wise FC member once said when a similar question was asked in the forum. His reply was short and to the point. "Buy a Dynavap, you're going to end up buying one someday anyways." A lot of truth in that statement.

Ramahs

@btka is correct, your vape journey has just begun. Can't help but think of what a wise FC member once said when a similar question was asked in the forum. His reply was short and to the point. "Buy a Dynavap, you're going to end up buying one someday anyways." A lot of truth in that statement.

I can't put into words just how right you are!

jardel

Hi Guys,

Thanks everyone for your feedback. After 2 months using the Arizer Solo 2 I'm very happy with it and not feeling any need to smoke! :D
Very good for sessions without having to spend lots of material.

The only drawback is the irregular air flow. It depends a lot on how you dispose the material within the chamber, and it has a learning curve. I wish the airflow was more consistent, although it is good enough! Besides that, can't point anything besides I get a lot higher with 1/3 of the quantity I used to put on a joint. Incredible really. :)
Also I feel like when the tube is cleaned, the vapor is better (I'm quite happy with the overall vapor production though).

In summary, moving to the vaporizing world was one of the best changes I made in my life.

Thanks again everyone for all your advices, which were very helpful!
Soon I'll try one of the vapes recommended here (very inclined for the DynaVap or other butane vaporizer).

Cheers!

Last edited:

Ramahs

Hi Guys,

Thanks everyone for your feedback. After 2 months using the Arizer Solo 2 I'm very happy with it and not feeling any need to smoke! :D
Very good for sessions without having to spend lots of material.

The only drawback is the irregular air flow. It depends a lot on how you dispose the material within the chamber, and it has a learning curve. I wish the airflow was more consistent, although it is good enough! Besides that, can't point anything besides I get a lot higher with 1/3 of the quantity I used to put on a joint. Incredible really. :)
Also I feel like when the tube is cleaned, the vapor is better (I'm quite happy with the overall vapor production though).

In summary, moving to the vaporizing world was one of the best changes I made in my life.

Thanks again everyone for all your advices, which were very helpful!
Soon I'll try one of the vapes recommended here (very inclined for the DynaVap or other butane vaporizer).

Cheers!

Welcome to the family!

Ramahs,
  • Love
Reactions: jardel
Top Bottom