• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Vaping with a (combustion) pipe...

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hi Folks,

I thought about that thread since a few weeks, after to read the Neo by Prrl thread I looked for the old tobacco pipe I got from my father, I had to work hard to remove most of the tobacco taste, now you can't taste it until the pipe remains to be hot and load depleted you can taste that tobacco although the more I use it the less that taste is present. It's a very classic wooden pipe but I enlarged the bottom hole to allow a better airflow and replaced the mouthpiece with a spiked glass tube (8mm OD) to smoothen hits. As well I added a screen on the bottom of the bowl to get the load closer of the heat source.

At the moment I use it as a j-hook for butanes vaporizers as the Elev8r, NimbinVap and a sort of homemade Vapocane, I still have to try a Dreamwood air intake on the top of the pipe' bowl.

But my favourite heater is the Glow with the wooden body removed and a high temp o-ring to help to get a good seal but it fits quasi perfectly without that o-ring, power is set at 32w and I got nice small clouds with a 10s rip and very big clouds with a 12s and more rip, load comes out perfectly browned, stirring is involved.

I like a lot the ritual the pipe brings on the table, calm things down, I like the feeling of the pipe in hands too, big thanks to Prrl to bring that idea on the vaping scene and this is will give work to our beloved woodworkers!

I'll post my setup as well when I manage to understand how work my new phone, my previous lasted me 8 years so I'm not very good with this technology but I learn fast!
Have funny vaping sessions!

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Vaping from a combustion bowl is certainly nothing new, the Herb Iron was one of the first I can think of that I owned, and I would assume it's probably the first thing vaporizer builders ever tried - pretty simple premise: why build a custom bowl if you could just vape from any off the shelf pipe or slide.

IMG_9774-1.jpg

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Hi Folks,

I thought about that thread since a few weeks, after to read the Neo by Prrl thread I looked for the old tobacco pipe I got from my father, I had to work hard to remove most of the tobacco taste, now you can't taste it until the pipe remains to be hot and load depleted you can taste that tobacco although the more I use it the less that taste is present. It's a very classic wooden pipe but I enlarged the bottom hole to allow a better airflow and replaced the mouthpiece with a spiked glass tube (8mm OD) to smoothen hits. As well I added a screen on the bottom of the bowl to get the load closer of the heat source.

At the moment I use it as a j-hook for butanes vaporizers as the Elev8r, NimbinVap and a sort of homemade Vapocane, I still have to try a Dreamwood air intake on the top of the pipe' bowl.

But my favourite heater is the Glow with the wooden body removed and a high temp o-ring to help to get a good seal but it fits quasi perfectly without that o-ring, power is set at 32w and I got nice small clouds with a 10s rip and very big clouds with a 12s and more rip, load comes out perfectly browned, stirring is involved.

I like a lot the ritual the pipe brings on the table, calm things down, I like the feeling of the pipe in hands too, big thanks to Prrl to bring that idea on the vaping scene and this is will give work to our beloved woodworkers!

I'll post my setup as well when I manage to understand how work my new phone, my previous lasted me 8 years so I'm not very good with this technology but I learn fast!
Have funny vaping sessions!

... Where's the photo? :whip:

Shit Snacks,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
... Where's the photo? :whip:
Here some bad pictures I took with my computer of the combo O'pipe w/Dreamwood Glow rcv14 (body removed):

WIN-20201216-11-14-25-Pro.jpg
The pipe

WIN-20201216-11-08-27-Pro.jpg
Ready (Glowrcv14+Pico+O'tobacco pipe)

WIN-20201216-11-10-57-Pro.jpg
And here the clouds you can guess despite the bad lightning (it's a rainy day today) and the clear background. When the morning sun is raising through the windows it's a very nice spot to enligth vapor. Sorry for the mess on the background!

Sorry for the bad pics also, we planned to get a camera as a Christmas gift for us!

Top Bottom