Vaping Kief?

xclarryx

Hey guys, pretty new to FC still so please forgive me if I have made any mistakes in the posting of this thread.

On to the topic. Im pretty new to vaping; I bought my first vaporizer about a month ago. My friend talked me into vaping my kief about a week ago, so we loaded the oven in my pax about 3/4 of the way full with kief, with a thin bed of flowers on the oven base. we vaped it on low(390F) mostly, and i took a few puffs on medium(390F). I didnt really feel any profound effects like kief expectedly would produce, did I try vaping it a too low temperature or something? Thats what I'm thinking.

Thanks so much for the help, MUCH love to FC!

xclarryx,
Reactions: ShipDit
Hey guys, pretty new to FC still so please forgive me if I have made any mistakes in the posting of this thread.

On to the topic. Im pretty new to vaping; I bought my first vaporizer about a month ago. My friend talked me into vaping my kief about a week ago, so we loaded the oven in my pax about 3/4 of the way full with kief, with a thin bed of flowers on the oven base. we vaped it on low(390F) mostly, and i took a few puffs on medium(390F). I didnt really feel any profound effects like kief expectedly would produce, did I try vaping it a too low temperature or something? Thats what I'm thinking.

I vape kiff in my Launch Box with no problems. You're pretty new to the vape scene right? Any MMJ product will have a very different high when smoked vs.when vaped. Try putting a bed of weed or ABV in the bottom of the oven add kiff then crank that Pax to the max and see what happens.
"Learn by doing " a wise man once said.
The journey is just as important as the destination IMHO.
Welcome to the club,hang out,you're among friends.

Thanks so much for the help, MUCH love to FC!

ShipDit,

xclarryx

I meant I'm new to vaping as in I'm no seasoned vet haha. I've vaped using my pax multiple times daily for the last month or so, with GREAT results, flower only though. That was the only time I tried vaping kief. And its very hard for me to obtain kief, I have a vapable amount once every month or so. So when I get the stuff, it's too 'valuable' it feels like to be experimenting all kinds of stuff haha, so I just wondered if I was doing something wrong.

xclarryx,
I meant I'm new to vaping as in I'm no seasoned vet haha. I've vaped using my pax multiple times daily for the last month or so, with GREAT results, flower only though. That was the only time I tried vaping kief. And its very hard for me to obtain kief, I have a vapable amount once every month or so. So when I get the stuff, it's too 'valuable' it feels like to be experimenting all kinds of stuff haha, so I just wondered if I was doing something wrong.

I hear ya man, I looove kiff and it's so hard to come by.
Try going on the Pax thread and ask one of the Gurus. Explain the issue and I guarantee someone will help you out.

Welcome to the club!

ShipDit,

xclarryx

oh believe me i've read literally every single page on that thread, I was afraid if I posted there I'd be told I posted in the wrong section because its its how to vape kief, not really directly pax related.

xclarryx,
oh believe me i've read literally every single page on that thread, I was afraid if I posted there I'd be told I posted in the wrong section because its its how to vape kief, not really directly pax related.

Just ask a question with as much info as ya have. Someone here has the answer,I promise. :cheers:

ShipDit,

Sonics420

whenever i put hash/keif ect i usually crank the temp to max.. works great for me and lasts long too.

Sonics420,

SD_haze

Either the kief was very very planty (not hard to make & sell) or you just needed a higher temperature.

edit: or perhaps the kief itself was very old :\

SD_haze,

darkrom

Great Scott!
I find shitty vapor with kief until I turn up the heat a pretty significant amount over what I'd use for bud. This applies to every single vape I've ever tried.

darkrom,
how do u vape kief in the mflb?
Couple ways Ed,
Sprinkle some on a bed of bud is one way. But lately I just pour it (the kiff) straight onto the screen,crank the PA and put the heat to it. Seems to be working. No clogged screen plus it ads a hash-y flavor to the old girl. And Goddamn does she get me high!
Bottom line....life is better with the MFLB!
Vape on Ed!

ShipDit,

Edward Hyde

spinkle it on a bed of bud probably wont work that good because its a conduction vape so it vaporizes whatever touches the trench.probably pourng the kief in the screen would work but dunno about clogged screen or oil moistin the inside of the box...

Edward Hyde,
spinkle it on a bed of bud probably wont work that good because its a conduction vape so it vaporizes whatever touches the trench.probably pourng the kief in the screen would work but dunno about clogged screen or oil moistin the inside of the box...
Actualy BOTH ways work. The MFLB,as designed,also uses some kind of "infra-red" way of heating the trench. I use kiff in mine all the time,no problem.
Bro,listen. As long as you don't poke or rip the screen IN ANY WAY,you're not gonna hurt your MFLB. Oh yeah,don't get the inside wet with anything either.
Your MFLB is tougher than she seems. I've been using mine as my only vape for over 4 months now and so far so good. ( I use around a gram,gram-and-a-half a day). If a semi retarded ape like me hasn't broken it you should be ok.
Kick back,vape a trench and drift away....great way to pass the time!
Vape on Ed!

Titamius

Developing Connoisseur & Vaporist
I vape straight keif in my LB with just the stock battery. I just put a very thin layer in, just enough to cover the bottom of the trench. I wait a few seconds for the kief to heat up and take it all in one hit. All vapor, although sometimes feels like combustion on the throat at first! I find the kief is all evenly vaped too with no clogging.

Titamius,

trm11

ya gotta make a parfait bowl, flowers, kief, flowers, kief flowers, put it on 220 C and you're good for 4 hours

trm11,
Reactions: Titamius

weedemon

enthusiast
try it again on medium and see how that goes. also the Pax benefits from stirring (i bet you already know this but just saying)

certain vapes are better at vaping material of different size/state/density... the pax is designed for flowers, and it's a good thing you put a bed of flowers down i think :p have have made things a bit messy to clean out :p

so i'd say jsut turn up the heat and try again. you can laos jsut gently mix the kief back in with your buds as you use it. this leave no collection, but you get higher that session right? :D

weedemon,
Top Bottom