Vaping Kief

vape2win

Day Tripper
Hey guys, I just found this site and it's awesome! However, maybe I just didn't see it, but it doesn't look like there's a thread dedicated to vaping solely with kief. I usually prefer a mix of herb with a little kief on top for extra goodness, but I've recently been experimenting with vaping only kief.
So far the best method I've come up with (ie randomly stumbled upon when I was out of herb but had a good amount of kief) is to load my MLFB full of kief and give it a couple of nice, long, slow hits (making sure not to waste any kief by sucking it out of the trench). I do this until the kief kind of starts to melt together, so that if i shake the box the kief forms into little pellet like things about the same size as weed fresh out of a grinder. I then transfer the little kief pellet things into the whip of my Vapor Bros hands free and rip the crap out of it until its all used up. It's been working great for me so far because the pellets do not pull through the screen like regular kief, but I got a little overzealous with my testing and decimated my kief stash:(
So I guess my question is what do you guys think of this? I would love to hear you're thoughts on how I could streamline this process or just vaping with kief in general. :peace:Thanks:peace:

vape2win,

wolf torn

haha

ahhh man

that sounds complicated...and the only time my LB ever got fucked up was when my buddy just put straigh keif in it...had to clean the thing bad

I can easily throw kief in the PD or EQ but doing it straight makes no sense but at least enough bud t cover the screen so shit doesn't go everyhhere, keif straight is nasty anyways

its to the point now that I avoid keif to be honest, it makes me anxious. I pack it all for my friends

wolf torn,

Qbit

cannabanana
lowfront said:
haha

ahhh man

that sounds complicated...and the only time my LB ever got fucked up was when my buddy just put straigh keif in it...had to clean the thing bad.

Huh? People vape kief in the LB all the time, and it works really well. How on earth did you fuck yours up?

Qbit,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
vape2win, welcome to the forum. I'm a big fan of vaping kief. Love the stuff. :)

I use kief as a topper for a stem in my Zap, or sandwich it between two layers of herb in my whip. Or, I use my LB with a mixture of herb and kief. I've found adding a little herb to the kief in the LB prevents it from sticking to the screen.

Happy vaping!

momofthegoons,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Qbit said:
lowfront said:
haha

ahhh man

that sounds complicated...and the only time my LB ever got fucked up was when my buddy just put straigh keif in it...had to clean the thing bad.

Huh? People vape kief in the LB all the time, and it works really well. How on earth did you fuck yours up?

I also vap kief in my LB all the time as well. I've never messed up my LB doing so. :)

Vicki,

Weebs

I mix kief into my herb with my Zephyr Ion, works very well. I ended up having a panic attack the first couple times I tried it, was too damn high for my own good :cool:

Weebs,

Beezleb

Vicki said:
Qbit said:
lowfront said:
haha

ahhh man

I also vap kief in my LB all the time as well. I've never messed up my LB doing so. :)

Maybe it was due to the earlier LB/batteries but vaping Kief was not always a thing to do the LB. Their are examples of this I know in the old beta MFLB thread and I believe their was some issues with people doing this somewhat early in the MFLB main thread. I think the issue is dependent largely upon what quality batteries you are doing and what condition they are in so the issue is changing somewhat I think but I would caution the advice on kief if they are using weak or older batteries. :2c:

Beezleb,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
I like to press my keif before I vape it. Lets me control it and flip it, instead of loose it all through the screen in the first inhale.

aesthyrian,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
I like to press mine too, vape it for 6 or 7 hits, then break it down into smaller pieces to increase surface area and use it all up. I mostly use my E elbow or VHW with herb under it.

IAmKrazy2,

vape2win

Day Tripper
I've actually been looking into buying a kief press but wasn't sure if it was worth it. After a a couple good hits in the MLFB, my kief usually clumps together enough for it pretty easy to manage but would a kief press be better? Also, I've found that while will kief will stick the the screen MLFB, its easy to clean if you carefully use something like a toothpick or the pick tool that came with my vapor bros (it looks just like something youd see at a dentists office).

vape2win,

steiner666

Serial vapist
I personally liked just dumping the loose kief into the LB and vaping it that way. I think it would work better than pressed because of the same reason that ground herbs work better than whole buds - more surface area in contact with the heat at once.

And man, i miss vaping kief, its the one downside to never grinding my herb for in my HA lol

steiner666,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
vape2win said:
I've actually been looking into buying a kief press but wasn't sure if it was worth it. After a a couple good hits in the MLFB, my kief usually clumps together enough for it pretty easy to manage but would a kief press be better? Also, I've found that while will kief will stick the the screen MLFB, its easy to clean if you carefully use something like a toothpick or the pick tool that came with my vapor bros (it looks just like something youd see at a dentists office).

I agree with steiner666 that loose kief is better than pressed.

I would never use a toothpick to clean my LB, there's too much risk to the screen. The rubber dental pick is a lot better choice, although you still need to be careful. On the other hand:

magicflight said:
The main problem with concentrates is that some of them turn (somewhat) into a liquid when heated. The liquid soaks into the screen, making it fairly difficult to clean. This is mostly a cosmetic problem, rather than a functional one. The real hazard results when someone who is compulsive about cleaning then tries to clean the screen which has been discolored from this type of usage--that's when the real damage occurs, rendering the device useless. Therefore, once used with concentrates, you are pretty much expected to not try cleaning the unit again. Like anything else, it is a choice with various trade-offs involved.

Kief melts and get sticky, that's why it clumps. I usually mix mine with buds, but I have used pure kief without serious issues. My screen didn't get clogged or dirty enough to clean. (I don't consider a colour change bothersome.) If it had, I'd use the brush to apply a little ISO and then run a 60 second heating cycle or two to burn everything off. Thinking about hard pointy things near my screen gives me the willies.

pakalolo,

max

Out to lunch
vape2win said:
I've actually been looking into buying a kief press but wasn't sure if it was worth it.
I got one free with a grinder a few years ago. I used it a couple of times, but since I vape exclusively, I couldn't really see any reason to compress.

max,

pelswick

i got a sharpstone kief press and I vape little chunks of kief coins in my da buddha

pelswick,

TheGame

lowfront said:
its to the point now that I avoid keif to be honest, it makes me anxious. I pack it all for my friends

if you need another friend, let me know...

TheGame,

ironmangler

for a press I use a door jam or vice and parchment paper to wrap it in, thow pressing it brakes the oil sacks and turns it into hash! I prefer kief

ironmangler,

SmokingElectricity

MMmmm kief...

makes taking big pulls off DBV so satisfying. i like to lightly press my kief so when i use it i can break it up easier. i only use it as a topper though.

SmokingElectricity,

slurpeejerky711

vaping straight keif in the mflb is the tastiest way to enjoy that crystal! although i dont get very high with it, just doesnt work for me, just more of a great tasting thing to do, i call it keif shots haha

no problems with it melting though

slurpeejerky711,

Persona Non Grata

turn on, tune in, hulk out
for the launch box I like to mix the kif/ground hash about 40/60 or so with fine ground weed. I find pure kif or hash can soften to mush and glue itself to the screen if you let it cool down before it is cooked. the hash mix tastes fantastic though and has a good punch, I don't really like to use the LB without hash.

I usually just put a dash of kif/ground hash in the middle of an elbow pack like I do with oil

press your kif for vaping? makes no sense to me

Persona Non Grata,
Top Bottom