Vaping in movie theaters

Vapor Loop

Modnote: The following 34 posts were moved from the Grasshopper thread.
For say, movie theaters, reckon you would be able to switch it on, let it heat for 10 seconds cut it off and draw on it? Maybe someone can test that theory.

Just do what i do with my Esv and put a piece of tape over the lights, And don't forget a Smoke buddy jr, That's what i plan on doing in those situations when i get mine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vapor Loop,

SmokinMagic

Just do what i do with my Esv and put a piece of tape over the lights, And don't forget a Smoke buddy jr, That's what i plan on doing in those situations when i get mine.

You can't tape over the lights though because that's where the air intake holes are. I'm sure theres another way to block out the light without completely covering them though.

SmokinMagic,

Vapor Loop

I guess you could just kinda cover but not block the holes with your hand. Are the lights on this one super bright? The only reason i even tape my Esv is because it's so bright out the top if i try to finger cover my finger light's up like a light itself.

Vapor Loop,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

OF

I imagine it's going to get plenty hot with that thing on a hopper! Even sounds a little flammable. I like it. :evil:

It should be cooler on the outside than the inside? And inside is supposed to not get hot enough to combust, right? If it does start to smolder it's easy enough to slip off I'd think.

One thing sure it's going to be harder to remain inconspicuous in a dark theater waving a flaming vape around and swearing.

If you burn the joint down following my lame advice I don't know you........

OF

PAZ

Here's my suggestion for a starting point on baffles for the intake.

Cut a strip of 'cardboard box' say 1.5 inches by two. You want the corrugated fiberboard type, with the solid covers over a corrugated center. Then strip off one face so you have the corrugated part on one side, facing on the other.

Spray paint the corrugated part flat black. "Coloring it in" with a Sharpie would also work, but flat black paint will generally be a better light absorber. When dry, wrap it around the unit over the vents and secure with a rubber band. Air will enter the gaps in the corrugation and easily make the right angle turn into the vents, photons (light) coming out will not be able to turn so will reflect around until absorbed.

OF

Couldn't you just wear a long sleeve, pretend to itch your nose, and take a hit?

PAZ,
Reactions: NorVape

tubasco

...or just bend down, look at your phone.... i don't know. People have tons of devices that light up now. Nobody will second guess a blue led in a movie theater, especially if you bend down and hit it below chair level.

1_gr8_underdog

Trapped in the Astral Planes Back from the dead
You could fit a length of silicone whip to the grasshopper after place the hopper into your inside pocket of a jacket or hoodie then feed the whip down through your sleeve. Reach into your pocket click it on the rest your chin on the palm and toke away

Tek

Is it just me or are the lights the least of what I'm worried about if I was vaping in a theater. I'm pretty sure the smell alone would be enough to shut down the movie and have everyone searched. I feel like that's a really bad idea or maybe just because I'm not in a "friendly" state.

tr33sPlease

Is it just me or are the lights the least of what I'm worried about if I was vaping in a theater. I'm pretty sure the smell alone would be enough to shut down the movie and have everyone searched. I feel like that's a really bad idea or maybe just because I'm not in a "friendly" state.
I don't think they will be searching...movie theater employees really don't care that much...one time combusted a one hitters in a theater once...then again, it was only hit once before the movie started ao maybe no one complained...

tr33sPlease,

Tek

I don't think they will be searching...movie theater employees really don't care that much...one time combusted a one hitters in a theater once...then again, it was only hit once before the movie started ao maybe no one complained...

The employees maybe don't care but the people in the theater might, never know who could be in there with you. I know a few state cops that always stumble into things unexpectedly off duty, accidents, dui.....etc

place_and_time

Is there any reason you couldn't temporarily cover up the lights with black vinyl tape and then just pull it off after the movie?

place_and_time,

Vapor Loop

To someone that doesn't vape it doesn't smell like popcorn at all.

To me it don't smell like popcorn EVER, That's partly why i use a Smoke buddy jr at theaters. I also juice tincture vape and those are dense vapors and could possibly slightly obstruct peoples view behind me, So that's mainly why i take the Smoke buddy.

I think the Grasshopper will be just fine as long as it's not Esv bright.

Mr. Me2

To me it don't smell like popcorn EVER, That's partly why i use a Smoke buddy jr at theaters. I also juice tincture vape and those are dense vapors and could possibly slightly obstruct peoples view behind me, So that's mainly why i take the Smoke buddy.

I think the Grasshopper will be just fine as long as it's not Esv bright.
That's because of the air filtration system on Moon Base TR-3B.:brow:

Mr. Me2,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

Likes2vape

I'm glad i live in a medical state! Shut down a movie or search it's patrons for some weed would have the people here outraged!!!

Vapor Loop

I'm glad i live in a medical state! Shut down a movie or search it's patrons for some weed would have the people here outraged!!!

It would in any state that's probably why that don't happen, They call the cop's and send a worker to your seat and ask you to come with them where there is a bunch of cop's waiting, If anyone want's details on that kind of stuff just message me this is going to far off topic.

hackslasher

They have cops hanging out in the theaters around my area, in like the lobby and the halls. What if put like a black mesh fabric around it. May make lights less noticeable and would think could still get air through, not sure though just throwing out ideas

Top Bottom