Vaping BHO out of my vaporizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ehakim

I made BHO for the first time today and it came out awesome, golden and decently hard, I guess you could call it wax? Anyways I was wondering what the best way to vape it is?
so far I've tried the mflb rolling paper trick which worked okay and I put it in my solo stem between a layer of weed on either side which also worked okay but I want to enjoy the concentrate on its own. I'm sure my solo could do a great job of vaping it on its own I'm just afraid of it melting and getting into the heater

Any suggestions anyone?

ehakim,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Vitolo has a video up somewhere in which he loads a dab of oil on the middle of a small piece of 100% cotton ball, puts it in the silver surfer whip where the bud goes, and it vaped up. Real cotton won't be a problem at that temperature, I did something similar with my launch box. It worked well but I was nervous about it leaking onto the screen so I don't bother. I picked up a mini inline gridded oil piece with a nail and dome for $60 at a local headshop, so I use that for dabbing (as well as my portable oil vape). I think the cotton trick will work better on your Solo stem than on the LB trench. The problem with oil and the lb is it will gunk up your screen. The stuff you have, while very pure compared to bud, can still be cleaned up a bit more to remove the bits of plant wax inside it in a process called winterizing. Although the plant waxes don't prove problematic for vaporizing, they may not be the best for the screen of the LB. I'll skip oil in my box for one of my other units.

ehakim

Would you mind explaning winterization in more detail, , my quick google search didn't come up with much, as for the cotton ball it's funny you say that I just gave that a try after making that post lol, it was the best way so far but I'm not sure if the ball i used was 100% cotton. What I'm gonna try next is to re purpose an old LB screen I have from when I claimed my warranty and use that in my solo kind of like a ELB for the cloud, I just hope the bho doesn't melt/ leak thru the screen bowl and get into the heater but I think the mflb screen is too tightly woven.....still don't know if i should risk it

ehakim,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
I've read a bit of it so I'm familiar with the process but I highly recommend you do not do this just off of what I'm about to tell you! A combination of "winterizing bho/butane hash oil" should land you relevant results.

Okay, winterizing works with the principle of the solvents having differing polarities. Buane pulls the goodies out and then a secondary wash with a VERY HIGH PURITY ethanol cleans it up more by pulling out what the butane couldn't. Everclear seems to be the most popular choice due to the fact that it's something like 98% unadulterated ethanol. Do NOT use "denatured" stuff, it has methanol added to it which is not good for ingestion at all (and in fact is why it's added.) Also, be SURE that it'a just ethanol and water and it's not something with any sort of additives. No spiced drinks, sugars (although technically speaking ethanol is a sugar, but irrelevant to this application), nothing aged in barrells unless you want to make it taste funny (and it might not be healthy to vape?)... Everclear seems the choice due to it being no-nonsense.

So it's run with butane first, purge it completely, then do a secondary wash and filter after adding some ethanol to it. You lost a little bit of weight due to filtering out the plant waxes (which I'm pretty sure come from the trichome glands mostly), but that in turn makes it stronger by weight due to being more concentrated.

When I get on my computer in 20 minutes I'll grab you some links so you can read more before attempting it.

BalzaSteel

hmm, cool, wonder if one cold do something similar with an airstone like one uses in an aquarium.

BalzOut

BalzaSteel,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom