VapeXhale.com Slider Image Contest

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
I'm re-posting this with some editing for sm55 to move it out of the Cloud thread and into the contest section where it belongs.

Another small contest for all you graphics peeps!

We need a new slideshow image for our website (www.vapexhale.com).

The required dimensions are:
Width: 1400px
Height: 340px

We will require the PSD file for all entries and we would like the slider to say:
Coming soon, the VapeXhale EVO (Extreme Vapor Output). Reserve yours today.
Other than that, there are no restrictions.

The member with the winning entry will receive a CLASSIC Vertigo HydraTree with ice pinches as a prize.

Winner will be chosen this Sunday, August 11 2013. Let's see the sliders!

Last edited:

evnt

Should we just post the final slider image here in the forums or is there an email we should send it to?

evnt,

vapordave

Are you looking for a proposed final image to use or are you ok with concepts? I don't have the best artwork to work with so I am using what I have but a proper product shot would be preferable. I will try and make it as final as possible but hopefully you will be ok with more of a concept pending better artwork.

vapordave,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Should we just post the final slider image here in the forums or is there an email we should send it to?
I'm waiting to hear back on this. For now just post them in this thread.

Are you looking for a proposed final image to use or are you ok with concepts? I don't have the best artwork to work with so I am using what I have but a proper product shot would be preferable. I will try and make it as final as possible but hopefully you will be ok with more of a concept pending better artwork.
I don't see any problem with posting concepts and you might get some feedback to use. The contest deadline is in 3 days though, so I get the impression that they want something ready to use by then.

vtac,

vapordave

OK. I'll go first...

Cloud_EVO_banner_submission_copy.jpg

(sorry mods, I don't see an edit button the first post) I wanted to add a comp of it on the page....

Cloud_EVO_banner_submission_comp_copy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

SnidelyWhiplash

What is the font you are using for the site titles? Good to know for consistency. Likewise, if you want this available in print quality, we need a print quality logo (eps) and image of the EVO (300dpi)

VAPEXHALE.jpg

This could probably use a revision or two, but not bad...

VAPEXHALE2.jpg

Revision #1.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ripbongs420

vapiff
Not sure if this has been covered in the main thread but I'm guessing the "Coming soon ... Coming soon." is a mistake? Sounds funny saying that twice in one sentence like that.

Ripbongs420,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Not sure if this has been covered in the main thread but I'm guessing the "Coming soon ... Coming soon." is a mistake? Sounds funny saying that twice in one sentence like that.
Unintentional. It has now been corrected. Thanks!

11eleven11

My favorite so far is Snidely's. The only thing I don't like about it is the Hawaiian flower stuff.

11eleven11,
SnidelyWhiplash and VaporDave are my frontrunners right now. Hard to choose between them, really liked Dave's use of clouds as extreme vapor, but I'm probably leaning towards Snidely's full view of the EVO and use of VXL colors and logo (can hardly read the "Reserve Yours Today" though, and his EVO pic doesn't yet show the vents at the top like Dave's does, I'm guessing because that pic isn't available yet for the black EVO).

Also, I wouldn't mind seeing some glass pics incorporated into these sliders. Glass is sexy(!), and I think it would pull in bong-using combusters towards the vape side (pull/glass, see what I did there?:clap:)

Last edited:
Fame Is A Vapor,
Great work, Live-N-Learn! Really like your "All Green Everything" and "Fresh Air" designs. Probably lean towards "Fresh Air" because the black EVO pops more against the clouds and I like how "VapeXhale EVO" is lettered together.
The hidden logo in the clouds on the left is sweeeet, dude!
My only small critiques: The white EVO is a bit too transparent against the clouds, and I wish the center logo and lettering "popped" a little more (brighter/bolder/darker, however you say it)

All in all, awesome work! It's got everything I liked in VaporDave's and Snidely's, but all in one: Clouds as vapor, full view EVOs, company logo and VXL colors. Bang-up job, man.

Enchantre

Oil Painter
Great work, Live-N-Learn! Really like your "All Green Everything" and "Fresh Air" designs. Probably lean towards "Fresh Air" because the black EVO pops more against the clouds and I like how "VapeXhale EVO" is lettered together.
My only small critiques: The white EVO is a bit too transparent against the clouds, and I wish the center logo and lettering "popped" a little more (brighter/bolder/darker, however you say it)

All in all, awesome work! It's got everything I liked in VaporDave's and Snidely's, but all in one: Clouds as vapor, full view EVOs, company logo and VXL colors. Bang-up job, man.
I agree, plus I'd like to see the "Extreme Vapor Output" in a darker, slightly different font. Maybe a bit bolder. So it pops, yet doesn't overpower the name above it. :)

Live-N-Learn

Higher, Higher, Baby...
I agree, plus I'd like to see the "Extreme Vapor Output" in a darker, slightly different font. Maybe a bit bolder. So it pops, yet doesn't overpower the name above it. :)

Noted. Thanks for the feedback. Here are a few variants based on your suggestions.

aouazl.jpg

302xtar.jpg

vapordave

The cloud photo I shot myself and so will give the rights to use it away to VXH along with the RAW file of the shot. The idea with the design I posted is to allow you to grow a campaign around it. start it subtle and mysterious (intriguing and exciting) but don't give it all away at once. later you can build on the ideas, show more of the device, add more clouds, start to unleash the product. build up brand awareness. simple marketing and advertising strategies.

Top Bottom