Vape Stem/Bubbler reclaim

Hook02

i'm about to do my first iso clean on my arizer air stems and bubbler, and don't know if the oil residue/iso mix will be worth evaporating since i don't think ill get enough extraction out of it.

so I was just wondering can i clean my glass and then store the used iso/oil mix in a mason jar, and then re-use that iso/oil mix to clean my glass once or twice more before finally evaporating...

or

could i just use fresh iso each time i clean my glass pieces, but then keep adding the iso/oil mixes together in a mason jar till i get a larger amount to extract (i feel like that would take for ever tho evaporate tho cause it will have a larger iso to oil ratio)

i'm just wondering because my logic is by doing this it would increase the yield or potency by increasing the amount of oil residue that is mixed in with the iso solution and possibly allow the iso to evaporate a bit quicker since it will have a better oil-iso ratio by the time i'm ready to make a batch

and im sorry if this question has been answered already, but i've been doing a lot of searching myself and haven't came across anything that answers my question yet, so figured its time to ask the experts here at FC

Hook02,

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
so I was just wondering can i clean my glass and then store the used iso/oil mix in a mason jar, and then re-use that iso/oil mix to clean my glass once or twice more before finally evaporating...
Yes you can do this, just make certain it's air tight so the alcohol doesn't evaporate.

I personally only save my alcohol if I'm using a LOT for cleaning (IE a big jar soaking a small awkward glass piece). If it's a small stem like the Arizer Air stems, I would use a 50ml Test-tube vial (I bought a bunch a while back with screw tops - awesome for this purpose). Then I'd simply empty the 40mL of alcohol onto a pie plate and let it evaporate (I put my glass plate on top of my 5.1 Surround receiver for two days - works GREAT)

I store the reclaim in a small silicone jar (the normal kind used for concentrates).

My reclaim oil produces quite a bit of vapor (although I find the "high" to be more sedative than mental for me personally), but the taste isn't the best. So I like to use a bit more diffusion (bubbler + external ash-catcher) to smooth out the taste. Also I'm not a big fan of using ISO for reclaiming oil - I prefer to use Everclear (Grain Alcohol) to do the initial extraction - the finished product has a sweeter taste.

I only use ISO for a final rinse to clean off any Grain alochol sugars from the glass

Delta3DStudios,
Reactions: killick

Hubs88

Feeling The Buzz
To get enough reclaim to make it worth the effort will require a lot of cleaning. When ISO is reused it leaves a sticky film behind so best to use fresh ISO every time.

Hook02

Awesome, that's exactly what i wanted to hear, I figured it was fine to do as long as whatever its stored in was completely air tight.

and thanks for the vial tip i'm def gonna look into that did you end up buying yours locally or online? and funny you mention using your home theater receiver to help speed up the evaporation process, since that actually one of the things I was considering using myself, but didn't wanna risk damaging my expensive sound system just to make a little oil haha

and yeah the more i read about making reclaim oil I hear of iso oil not being the best tasting, it was kinda an impulse buy for me since i was so excited to try making oil for the first time. I'll likely give everclear a try next time around so i can get a understanding of the taste differences for myself and decide which i prefer

anyways thanks for the quick reply

Hook02,

Hook02

To get enough reclaim to make it worth the effort will require a lot of cleaning. When ISO is reused it leaves a sticky film behind so best to use fresh ISO every time.

GOod to know, thanks for the reply

Hook02,

bluenavey00

Arizer Air Aficionado
I also make reclaim out of my Arizer stems.

I have a small plastic bottle with a screw lid that my first lot of ISO came in (probably around 100ML)

At the end of the weekend I put all my stems in there for a day or two then rinse with water, they come out spotless every time. Even if the ISO is very yellow I find that they still come out very clean. I must reuse the ISO for a month or two at a time.

The first time I did it I also cleaned out two grinders that were caked in THC so if you have any give them a clean to boost your yield. I just used a little egg cup that was just deep enough to fit the grinder in. Then evaporated that ISO and my bottle ISO on a side plate.

I tend to speed up the evaporation process by heating the plate with a hair dryer. This way it can be dry in hours not days. Even once dry I still tend to leave the plate for a week just to ensure there is 0% ISO. But as mentioned above this method does leave the reclaim with a strange taste. Im pretty sure it cant be the ISO as by the time I scrape it off the plate, its been 10 days and its crispy as anything.

bluenavey00,
Top Bottom