Vape Ace

mrweed

vaporizer review blogger
found this on indiegogo while searching for the inhalater campaign.
looks interesting. a electronic portable from the guy who invented the solo pipe.

20140402001132-Screen_Shot_2014-04-02_at_12.02.11_AM.png

here is the projects page

Adobewan

Really cool looking, nice form and size, but looks like you have to buy one of his SoloPipes with it. No matter how many Vape Aces you want to buy, you have to buy as many SoloPipes.

Don't know how FC members/exclusive vaporists would feel about a vape purchase that was anchored to a combustion device.

Hope it winds up being what it appears to be, but being part of the Indiegogo Grasshopper crowd, I'm not keen to engage in another Indiegogo project particularly if I have to buy a combustion pipe along with it.

Last edited:

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Nice find :) ! Can be disguised as a PC mouse for sure :)

Abysmal Vapor,

mrweed

vaporizer review blogger
No matter how many Vape Aces you want to buy, you have to buy as many SoloPipes.

Never look a gift horse in the mouth :D
but you're right, of course. Although even with a solo pipe it's cheaper than most other devices.

mrweed,

Adobewan

...Although even with a solo pipe it's cheaper than most other devices.
Agreed mrweed, but this is crowd funding. They may never get this produced whether we contribute or not, but then they will have sold their SoloPipe for double it's cost. Even though I'm in on the Grasshopper, I find the potential for good people to get ripped off on these crowd funding projects to be uncomfortably wide.

I'm not accusing these folks of wrong doing, but anchoring the vaporizer to the combustion pipe, seems a lot like selling the SoloPipe on the back of a proposed vape that, at this point, is merely a CAD image and what appears to be a resin output from said CAD drawing.

Again, I really do hope this pans out, my signature is a testament to my love of portables and the Vape Ace will live on that signature should it come to be a viable vape, but anyone can create a 3D image of an unprecedentedly cool vaporizer and 3D print it.

Just suggesting all approach this with eyes wide open.

Last edited:

mrweed

vaporizer review blogger
true, wrote it on my blog too, it will be very hard for them to get the 50k, unless they start giving more details about their handheld. i mean we only know it will be a conduction based model and feature a usb port and a internal battery. that's really not enough data for me (or anyone else), to jump in.

Also the grasshopper project might frighten potential customers off (falsely?!)...

Last edited:
mrweed,

Adobewan

As little interest as I have in this... I do feel for this guy.:ko:
I agree it's hard not to sympathize a bit, but...
this restores some of my faith in humanity.
As I stated above, I'm both participating in, and wary of, crowd funding. The liberty to not deliver the proposed product after collecting funds screams at me, but here, there was a unanimous reaction to what seemed a questionable proposal.

I didn't keep up but were there no updates or further developments reported past the one image?
My feelings that this may have just been an attempt to sell his Solopipes haven't been swayed, quite the contrary.
Kudos to all VAS sufferers on resisting there impulses.

mrweed

vaporizer review blogger
i think it's pretty much their own fault! They actually did zero promotion... and if i haven't seen this, accidentally, we probably woulnd't known that this campaign excists at all.
nowadays, i have the feeling that people think they can throw out a portable vaporizer on the market and get rich, fast.
Dat nah work. Too many shady companys in this biz

Top Bottom