Discontinued V2000 Handheld Vaporizer

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Wow, no hissing of burning butane. It's like a portable PD. Way cool. Maybe if I'm a good boy, someone I love very dearly (me) may have to buy it as my "Precious".

Watching Lord of the Rings too many times.

macbill,

Frickr

Q: What is the heating element made of? Nichrome wire. This is the same electrical resistance heating wire that is used in toasters, toaster ovens, hair dryers, heat guns, and electric room heaters. If it gave off any toxins at all it would not be used for all these common everyday INDOOR uses.

nuff said. ;)

Frickr,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
For a $349 price tag and "0 In Stock" via their store, Im a little skeptical...

AGBeer,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
For a $349 price tag and "0 In Stock" via their store, Im a little skeptical...
No kidding. The "sold out" was a little suspicious to me too. It's probably a build as you sell deal.:/

And those definitely look like Zap tubes.

momofthegoons,
Says it is a forced air model, so it actually has a little fan in there.
Not sure I like that.

Definitely sure I don't like the price tag.

Howie Feltersnatch,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
i wonder how long it runs on a battery charge ... i'm guessing about 20 minutes.

and LiFePo4 batteries don't have the problem found with earlier generation Lithium Ion batteries, i.e. exploding or burning up your truck.

Hippie Dickie,

Rick

Zapman
Got to agree with mom on those vapor stems. Brass tips for sure. That one cig shown out of the pack looks like one of those plastic imitation cigs too.
Whatever, more competition is good for consumers. I think it is great, especially with the price and no availability for now anyway. People will want more info on who makes/sells it too is my guess

Rick,

Samsquanch

Vapor Astronaut
:lol: built in rechargeable batteries ?, cant tell us exactly what temp it vapes at ?, and momofthegoons has it , those tubes look too familiar , experience tells me to stay the hell away from this thing , but i know someone will cough up the coin and try it , all i can say is good luck :peace: :2c:

Samsquanch,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
And could we be so lucky that they would post a review here? Ahhh, fresh meat....... ;) Can't wait to let lwein loose on them. Got your cookie platter ready lwein?

momofthegoons,

lwien

lol.

Nah.........not unless the mfg. comes in here and starts to make over-hyped marketing claims. Gotta have somethin' to sink my teeth into...........and bring out those fake cookies that look real. ;)

lwien,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
I agree with Mom and Rick, i took one peek and thought, "Zap Tubes". looks like a old zap customer had a different idea in how to improve the Zap. Will they start making their own tubes, when the time comes?

In fact, i would be surprised if the manufacturer is not a member here. I would still rather find a viable battery that would work for a couple hours with a PD/MZ, but the 60 second heating feature is rather nice.

Come on manufacturer, get in on this conversation!

IAmKrazy2,

lwien

IAmKrazy2 said:
Come on manufacturer, get in on this conversation!
I double dog dare ya. I triple dog dare ya.

Naw, all kidding aside, we're a nice group of people here. Want some cookies? :whip:

lwien,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
I just emailed the guy and gave him an invite here. Hopefully he shows up and sheds some more light on this product.

AGBeer,

nickzzzx

Everyone should read more carefully about this design, its definitely very original (aside from the tubes). It's a forced air portable vape using a nichrome wire surrounded by glass and runs on a rechargeable NiMH battery(that lasts about an hour of continuous use). I think this thing is awesome and will be pretty easy to use, especially for beginners. The biggest downside is the price, seems very expensive.

nickzzzx,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
are you sure about the "hour of continuous use"? oops, my bad ... i should have read the whole page instead of jumping to the pictures.

Hippie Dickie,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
In the faq it is listed as a fixed temp vape "optimized for tobacco". Since our herb and tobacco need different vape temps, I would extrapolate this information to mean not optimized for herb.

DeepFried,

lwien

Yeah, says it's operating just below 400F. Assuming that's within a 5 degree variance, that's a bit high for my tastes.

lwien,

Ash

vaporist
I'm not commenting on the V2000, but this is a great quote from the Q&A:
As a scientific side-note, the reason that you cant heat to 449F, (one degree below the temperature of spontaneous combustion, 450F), to vaporize ALL of your active ingredients and not produce ANY combustion has to do with what temperature really is, as physicists and chemists view it. Temperature is the AVERAGE energy of molecules in a system, and the distribution of energies at any given temperature is given by the Maxwell-Boltzmann distribution. What this means is that even at temperatures of 430F, while most tobacco molecules will not have enough energy to begin combustion, some will, and this is what causes the increasing blackening of your tobacco as you get closer to 450F. The farther you are away from that temperature, the fewer molecules will have enough energy to combust, and the less combustion products you will inhale."

Ash,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
I see two potential problems with this unit that I could not find info on on the website;

1) Is the internal battery user replaceable? If nt, this is a deal killer (for me)

2) The battery recharge time of 8 hours is unacceptable (for me)

I emailed the company asking this information and will post the answers here. For sure I think there is room for more battery powered portable vapes, but they've got to be more flexible in power delivery (although the wall powered adapter is nice).

Anyone up for buying one?

Tom

tdavie,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I'm loving buying new toys, but frankly this one is a bit over budget. Especially untried.

In fact, i would be surprised if the manufacturer is not a member here.
The same thought crossed my mind, Krazy. Well, it will be interesting to see if the manufacturer responds. I hope so. My curiosity is up.

momofthegoons,
Top Bottom