V-tower dies

Status
Not open for further replies.

djelimon

The glass around the heater fused with the bowl and sheared around the middle of the heater. Luckily I have a backup piece, my Oxygen mini. I thought my experience with arizer customer service will be of interest to you.

djelimon,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
So, the ground glass connection fused together and cracked? Also you are talking about an original V-tower, correct?

From what we've seen, I'd be surprised if Arizer wasn't very accommodating, though if it's an older v-tower, who knows. Wonder if the parts are interchangeable with the Extreme and or the upcoming v-tower.

Hope you don't have to use the Oxygen for too long :D

vtac,

djelimon

though if it's an older v-tower, who knows.
It is, and of course they don't make them anymore. But right on the box it says the heater is under warranty.

I suspect they'll do right by me. Curious as to how it will work out though (Extreme instead? a fix? the new digi v-tower?)

Yeah, I hope I don't have to use the O2 mini too long either

djelimon,

max

Out to lunch
Yeah the parts are the same. The upgrade from the V-Tower to the Extreme amounted to adding the digital controller, and fan, etc. for bag use. I'm thinking that the defective parts can be replaced. He may even offer an upgrade at a nice price.

Where the hell is the new digital V-Tower anyway? Someone, on some forum, reported buying one from a shop about a month or so ago. He said he paid $200 for a digital, whip only V-Tower. That had to be the new V-Tower unless some headshop was selling the Extreme without the bag setup for some reason.

max,

djelimon

Monday morning, right on time: send it in and they'll fix it and send it back in 24 hours

I'll do it tomorrow, a little cramped for time today...

My friend scoffed when I told him the level of customer support arizer provides. Refused to believe they'd repair it. It's going to be fun sending him pics of the fixed one...

djelimon,

djelimon

Well, got it back today in tip-top shape, $35 CDN parts and labour.

djelimon,

max

Out to lunch
djelimon said:
Well, got it back today in tip-top shape, $35 CDN parts and labour.
So he didn't consider the problem to be covered under the heater warranty?

max,

djelimon

Glass parts not covered. Says so on the box. Makes sense. The most expensive part is the heater anyway.

djelimon,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom