Utillian 720 - Portable Convection Vaporizer

mikek9

Vapor Enthusiast
Model Info and Specs are first and personal insight/comments are underneath all the specs.

Utillian 720
http://utillian.com/utillian-720/
$219 CDN at Toronto Vaporizers
Apparently limited quantities available

utillian-720_2.jpg

Hey guys, this morning I was reading some medical marijuana reviews from different legal licensed providers and one user in their review mentioned using a "Utillian 720" vaporizer. Naturally I had to google it and see what I could find which is the unit shown above.

It is a portable unit that seems comparable to the crafty/mighty/CFX in design/function and maybe battery life. It apparently has double the battery life of the crafty, fixing you 90 mins of vape time at the lowest setting. It is also convection and seems like it might be durable with an aluminum casing with a rubberized finish to it for added shock resistance likely and easy of handling. Anyway, I have been waiting to pull the plug on one any day and never mind spending more money.

Toronto Vaporizer gives it a very positive review, a 9/10 score, but it's hard to believe their reviews as they also want to sell the product as well. Here is the Toronto vaporizer review:

http://torontovaporizer.ca/blog/utillian-720-review/

This seems to a relatively new unit as I couldn't find it anywhere on this site through search, but if by chance it already has a thread, mods please feel free to move it where I should be. If it doesn't, can you guys make this an active thread as this vaporizer is already available for purchase. Thank you.

Apparently this is the company's second portable unit as well with the first version being called the Utillian 650.

Here are he details for the most recent model, the Utillian 720, from their website:

8 Pre-Set Temperatures
The 720 comes with 4 base temperature settings; 170C, 180C, 190C, 210C and the ability to boost each temperature range by 5 degrees with the units “Enhanced Mode” giving you 8 temperature settings total for maximum versatility.

One Button Design
Designed with simplicity in mind, the one button design guarantees a user friendly experience each and every time.

Perfectly Portable
This pocket sized powerhouse can provide draws that rival desktop units in a portable package. Ruggedly designed for maximum efficiency for the on-the-go connoisseur.

Convection Heating
The 720 looks to bring high-end convection heating to the masses, providing some of the smoothest and most flavorful vapor on the market. High quality without the high price tag.

90 Minute Battery
The 720 boasts an amazing 90 minute battery life, double the life of competing convection units making it perfect for a day of vaping.

Magnetic Mouthpiece Cap
Loading the 720 couldn’t be easier with the magnetic cap mouthpiece. Simply pull the mouthpiece off the device to expose the chamber, fill with herbs and snap it back into place. No threads, no worries.

Made in China
The manufacturer's website doesn't clearly point this out, but some looking around was all I had to do to find out where they are made.

---------------End of Specs--------------

I have been most set on the volcano mighty medic which I can get through Tweed for $375 Canadian and it even comes with the dosing capsules and casing for them. However, if I can get comparable performance for a fraction of the price I am always open to that. What I don't want is something that could be potentially harmful to my health with offgassing of solder and other elements involved in manufacturing while using it. I don't want to become more sick than I already am so that is why I am still leaning towards the mighty, but I am curious what you guys think or have heard about this brand. If this is $220 Canadian, I would probably spend the extra $155 for the Mighty Medic just so I know I'm not inhaling anything harmful as the Mighty Medix and Volcano Medic are class 2 Medical devices recognized by many governments across the world. I wrote off my Volcano medic on my taxes as a medical expense and it was accepted.

GEED

Gaseouser
Dude ... :) boasts a shit battery life, its a Fenix rebrand and its got a thread already..

GEED,

mikek9

Vapor Enthusiast
What on earth are the Volcano medic and Mighty medic???? :lol::lol::lol: I want some!!! :p :lol:

The Medic line are essentially medically approved versions of Volcano's product line.

The Volcano Medic is basically a Volcano digital that is limited to temperature of 410F likely for reasons to do with the medical approval. As well it comes with special medic one way valves for the mouthpiece which prevent you from accidentally blowing back into the bag and possibly contaminating it with whatever illness you may have. They are approved Medical Devices in I think something like 8 or 9 countries including Canada. In Canada where I'm from it's considered a class II(2) medical device and has been evaluated for its ability to successfully administer cannabinoids to a patient. It has also been tested for safety like off gassing and other things.

http://www.newswire.ca/news-release...be-distributed-by-cannimed-ltd-513815931.html

The Mighty Medic is again essentially the same as the Mighty with the same 410F temp limit I believe. It also comes with these things called dosing capsules that you can preload with ground material and store 6 of them in an included little plastic carrying case. They then can be inserted in the chamber and removed helping to likely keep things a little cleaner too, though I don't know about that. They are supposed to be disposable and you can order more for quite cheap from Volcano directly.

https://www.bedrocan.ca/products/volcano-medic-1

sickmanfraud

Several comments:

1. This vape is available at TV and numerous other places.

2. With an order of 5 (from alibaba) they are available for $50 each.

3. As mentioned rebranded Wecke Fennix.

natural farmer

The Medic line are essentially medically approved versions of Volcano's product line.

The Volcano Medic is basically a Volcano digital that is limited to temperature of 410F likely for reasons to do with the medical approval. As well it comes with special medic one way valves for the mouthpiece which prevent you from accidentally blowing back into the bag and possibly contaminating it with whatever illness you may have. They are approved Medical Devices in I think something like 8 or 9 countries including Canada. In Canada where I'm from it's considered a class II(2) medical device and has been evaluated for its ability to successfully administer cannabinoids to a patient. It has also been tested for safety like off gassing and other things.

http://www.newswire.ca/news-release...be-distributed-by-cannimed-ltd-513815931.html

The Mighty Medic is again essentially the same as the Mighty with the same 410F temp limit I believe. It also comes with these things called dosing capsules that you can preload with ground material and store 6 of them in an included little plastic carrying case. They then can be inserted in the chamber and removed helping to likely keep things a little cleaner too, though I don't know about that. They are supposed to be disposable and you can order more for quite cheap from Volcano directly.

https://www.bedrocan.ca/products/volcano-medic-1

Sorry for the Lough buddy! Wasn't for you...

About the links you sent and after reading the info... What a bunch of f******pharma marketing B***S*** is all I can say!!!
Just get yourself a Milaana or something of similar quality (bunch of those nowadays) and you will be happy happy happy! :tup:

All the convection style vapes like Milaana and Firewood are sold out though. I suppose getting the conduction Arizer Air couldn't hurt as my first vape (yes i am new :rolleyes:)...(I'm also afraid to say I am interested in the G Pen Elite)

I've spent many nights researching and I still feel lost :shrug: I wish there was a list of conduction vs. convection portable vaporizers. With many companies falsely claiming their vapes are convection I need the help of knowledgable consumers like the FC forum.

Thanks in advance..(ps should I make this a thread or no?)

wheretheconvection@,
Reactions: vapen00b

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
All the convection style vapes like Milaana and Firewood are sold out though. I suppose getting the conduction Arizer Air couldn't hurt as my first vape (yes i am new :rolleyes:)...(I'm also afraid to say I am interested in the G Pen Elite)

I've spent many nights researching and I still feel lost :shrug: I wish there was a list of conduction vs. convection portable vaporizers. With many companies falsely claiming their vapes are convection I need the help of knowledgable consumers like the FC forum.

Check out the MistVape Touch ;) and just keep an eye on FW and Mi then (other convection vapes to look into: Elevape, Firefly, Thermovape, StickyBricks, Lotus, Noochie, E-Nano, Underdog, Venus Apollo, Swift/CFV)

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: vapen00b
Thanks for the info i really appreciate it. Is there anything really dangerous when vaping out of most of these conduction "convection" vaporizers like a g pen elite or arizer air??

I've read about chemicals being released in the plastic or something when the herb is being cooked, but it's in a ceramic chamber?

wheretheconvection@,
Reactions: Shit Snacks

guyonthecouch

I recommend getting the Grasshopper if you're looking for a true convection portable. Especially for your first vape, very user friendly. They're in stock here..
http://torontohemp.com/products/gra...r-pen-size-vaporizer-first-retail-opportunity

Here's a pretty good spread sheet on vaporizers from reddit
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18j_9opO5E7_DqSeeosSmyGHUbEABmB3ktxvDienYyQg/edit#gid=0

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Thanks for the info i really appreciate it. Is there anything really dangerous when vaping out of most of these conduction "convection" vaporizers like a g pen elite or arizer air??

I've read about chemicals being released in the plastic or something when the herb is being cooked, but it's in a ceramic chamber?

Most should be fine, but its personal judgment. Up to you if you're okay with plastics and where, there are all different types of plastic, many may be perfectly safe where they're used

Last edited:
Shit Snacks,
I'm looking at the milaana and they actually have them in stock

here's the "original":
http://www.rastabuddhatao.net/apps/webstore/products/show/7015459

looks like i can just get the original and buy a mouthpiece separately and be good to go right?!

is there a difference between the "original" and premium or is it just the type of wood?

(nevermind i see there have been a lot of changes from original to premium)

oh man i hope this kit comes back into stock

http://www.rastabuddhatao.net/apps/webstore/products/show/7015840

I recommend getting the Grasshopper if you're looking for a true convection portable. Especially for your first vape, very user friendly. They're in stock here..
http://torontohemp.com/products/gra...r-pen-size-vaporizer-first-retail-opportunity

Here's a pretty good spread sheet on vaporizers from reddit
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18j_9opO5E7_DqSeeosSmyGHUbEABmB3ktxvDienYyQg/edit#gid=0

thanks !

i'm so super duper high right now :rofl: :razz:

Mod note: posts merged

Last edited by a moderator:
wheretheconvection@,
Reactions: Shit Snacks

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)

Check the Vapexhale EVO, best vaporizer in the world period, all glass airpath, can't beat that...
If you find something better tell me...

By the way, you're talking about a Volcano, with a plastic bag... for whatever condition you have, go with SS or glass or ceramic, IMO

Zangano Cruel,

mikek9

Vapor Enthusiast
Check the Vapexhale EVO, best vaporizer in the world period, all glass airpath, can't beat that...
If you find something better tell me...

By the way, you're talking about a Volcano, with a plastic bag... for whatever condition you have, go with SS or glass or ceramic, IMO

The balloons for the Volcano are made of polyester that is specially formulated to withstand temperatures up to I think 425F. They are the same thing as oven bags that you can throw a turkey in and cook it to keep it juicy. Not a lot of people use them for cooking I don't think anymore, but they are more than food and temperature safe for the purposes of cannabinoids delivery. As I said, Volcano Medic is an approved medical device and is certified for safe delivery of cannabinoids by numerous countries. So that should make you feel better about your "plastic" grocery bag theory. It also doesn't affect the taste at all.

About the VapeXHale Eco it does seem to have a bit of a cult like following to it, similar to the MFLB. The thing with the MFLB is that it wasn't really the best vape out there so the cult following was essentially meaningless in terms of how good the product was. I have never tried the EVO so I can't comment on he quality, but what what I have read it may be the very next one I purchase other than a portable to try out. However, I don't know if it will satisfy me like the bags do on my herbalAire. I was never a big fan of direct inhalation or having to run the unit through glass. I really just like the ease of bags and occasionally run those through glass for added filtration.

************anyway***********

This is supposed to be a thread about he Utillian 720 portable. So is the consensus this is just another knock off?

I am in need of a really good portable.

Arizer Air just didn't cut it for me. Had to session like 3 times/3 full stems for 30 mins to get an effect. And I only found it effective on the top two temp ranges in terms of giving dense enough vapour.

I just want the closest to desktop performance as I can get.

There is a cool herb and cheese event I want to go to but it is vaping only and while they have Mighty Medics to hand out for people to use during the event there is a chance that you won't get one if they run out. You can also apparently buy a Mighty Medic after the event is finished for $200 Canadian which is a steal, but they will likely be from the stock that everyone there used. I don't like used vapes for hygienic reasons.

*Note: I'm a loyal herbalAire product user and likely always will be unless I find something better. I just have owned so many different vapes over the years, including the Volcano Medic and even found that to be inferior in terms of potency delivering compared to my herbalAire. So I sold it(the Volcano Medic) for almost what I paid which was great, they do retain their value quite well. Though I got it for $540 Canadian plus tax through Tweed. That's a crazy price for a Volcano digital.

mikek9,

yogoshio

Annoying Libertarian
The cult following behind the mflb was one thing, but from a true skeptic about the evo to now an owner, the following is 100% due to performance and not loyalty to a brand/style.

I never thought I would get behind those kinds of dollar amounts, but holy cow its the real deal.

yogoshio,

mikek9

Vapor Enthusiast
The cult following behind the mflb was one thing, but from a true skeptic about the evo to now an owner, the following is 100% due to performance and not loyalty to a brand/style.

I never thought I would get behind those kinds of dollar amounts, but holy cow its the real deal.

This, this is exactly the type of comment I need to hear. The kit I wanted was $296 US direct from the VapeXHale site and I almost bought it. Just with shipping being like $50 and he conversion I was still looking at about $466 Canadian currency not including whatever duty charges get imposed, maybe another $50-100. Goodness only knows.

One thing is I have never been a skeptic of the EVO's potential for performance. I usually read between the lines of most comments and reviews. For example, someone coming from a MFLB to an EVO will be literally blown away like the "Maxell guy" from I think the 90s.
meh.ro780.jpg

However, someone coming from say a quality Log or convection vape may not notice the difference as much as someone with a more inferior or bottom end product. Basically, I want to feel like the guy in the picture above if I buy a new vape. I am not one for being a fan of something I have never tried and had the chance to assess their performance. I also have to have a good idea of what else is out there for comparison so I know what I have is actually superior to those. This is where I lack with the VapeXHale EVO because I have never ever tried one. I have just read countless positive reviews and I don't ever think anything much negative other than some complaints about that glass bamboo shaft breaking I side which is unappealing to me, but worst case it can be fixed by the manufacturer for I think about $80.

More just is it possible to get anything much much better coming from he device I have used for almost 10 years and still works like the first day I got it (herbalAire).

What I think I need first is a portable though, so any help there is also appreciated.

mikek9,

Radiocitysuicide

The balloons for the Volcano are made of polyester that is specially formulated to withstand temperatures up to I think 425F. They are the same thing as oven bags that you can throw a turkey in and cook it to keep it juicy. Not a lot of people use them for cooking I don't think anymore, but they are more than food and temperature safe for the purposes of cannabinoids delivery. As I said, Volcano Medic is an approved medical device and is certified for safe delivery of cannabinoids by numerous countries. So that should make you feel better about your "plastic" grocery bag theory. It also doesn't affect the taste at all.

About the VapeXHale Eco it does seem to have a bit of a cult like following to it, similar to the MFLB. The thing with the MFLB is that it wasn't really the best vape out there so the cult following was essentially meaningless in terms of how good the product was. I have never tried the EVO so I can't comment on he quality, but what what I have read it may be the very next one I purchase other than a portable to try out. However, I don't know if it will satisfy me like the bags do on my herbalAire. I was never a big fan of direct inhalation or having to run the unit through glass. I really just like the ease of bags and occasionally run those through glass for added filtration.

************anyway***********

This is supposed to be a thread about he Utillian 720 portable. So is the consensus this is just another knock off?

I am in need of a really good portable.

Arizer Air just didn't cut it for me. Had to session like 3 times/3 full stems for 30 mins to get an effect. And I only found it effective on the top two temp ranges in terms of giving dense enough vapour.

I just want the closest to desktop performance as I can get.

There is a cool herb and cheese event I want to go to but it is vaping only and while they have Mighty Medics to hand out for people to use during the event there is a chance that you won't get one if they run out. You can also apparently buy a Mighty Medic after the event is finished for $200 Canadian which is a steal, but they will likely be from the stock that everyone there used. I don't like used vapes for hygienic reasons.

*Note: I'm a loyal herbalAire product user and likely always will be unless I find something better. I just have owned so many different vapes over the years, including the Volcano Medic and even found that to be inferior in terms of potency delivering compared to my herbalAire. So I sold it(the Volcano Medic) for almost what I paid which was great, they do retain their value quite well. Though I got it for $540 Canadian plus tax through Tweed. That's a crazy price for a Volcano digital.

Why not just replace the Mighty cooling unit for like 20 bucks or so if you are worried about hygiene?

Radiocitysuicide,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

guyonthecouch

This, this is exactly the type of comment I need to hear. The kit I wanted was $296 US direct from the VapeXHale site and I almost bought it. Just with shipping being like $50 and he conversion I was still looking at about $466 Canadian currency not including whatever duty charges get imposed, maybe another $50-100. Goodness only knows.

One thing is I have never been a skeptic of the EVO's potential for performance. I usually read between the lines of most comments and reviews. For example, someone coming from a MFLB to an EVO will be literally blown away like the "Maxell guy" from I think the 90s.
meh.ro780.jpg

However, someone coming from say a quality Log or convection vape may not notice the difference as much as someone with a more inferior or bottom end product. Basically, I want to feel like the guy in the picture above if I buy a new vape. I am not one for being a fan of something I have never tried and had the chance to assess their performance. I also have to have a good idea of what else is out there for comparison so I know what I have is actually superior to those. This is where I lack with the VapeXHale EVO because I have never ever tried one. I have just read countless positive reviews and I don't ever think anything much negative other than some complaints about that glass bamboo shaft breaking I side which is unappealing to me, but worst case it can be fixed by the manufacturer for I think about $80.

More just is it possible to get anything much much better coming from he device I have used for almost 10 years and still works like the first day I got it (herbalAire).

What I think I need first is a portable though, so any help there is also appreciated.
I think you'll find exactly what you're looking for in the Grasshopper. The power of an EVO in the palm of your hand.. it will definitely provide the maxwell blast you seek :)
Assuming you're located in Canada, they're available in store and online at THC. I'm pretty sure you can try them out first at vapor central which is right next door too if you're in Toronto.

guyonthecouch,

Shit Snacks

I'm looking at the milaana and they actually have them in stock

here's the "original":
http://www.rastabuddhatao.net/apps/webstore/products/show/7015459

looks like i can just get the original and buy a mouthpiece separately and be good to go right?!

is there a difference between the "original" and premium or is it just the type of wood?

(nevermind i see there have been a lot of changes from original to premium)

oh man i hope this kit comes back into stock

http://www.rastabuddhatao.net/apps/webstore/products/show/7015840

thanks !

i'm so super duper high right now :rofl: :razz:

Mod note: posts merged

Yeah no a new original is the same as a new premium, difference is only wood. I think also even the bare bones price tier will still come with a long and short mouthpiece and 3 screens, but no battery or charger? But yeah they all work great regardless so go cheapest if you want and you'll still get the same great experience (you may need the batteries though, and Air batts wont work btw) Check the thread

Evo is a beast for sure, in power but also size, not very necessary for one person in my experience, but I did enjoy it. I got it to tide me over since Zion raised my status quo, then once I had Zion back unsold my Evo and haven't missed a beat really. Grasshopper is definitely Evoesque especially through water, since its pen size offers quite a few limitations imo, GH is like Evo meets Pax (while I like to say Milaana/Zion are like LSV meets MFLB)

@mikek9 coming from the Air I'd also suggest you check out the Milaana and MistVape Touch, very similar but pure convection like a log, and they're just wood steel and glass (Milaana also has mica) so taste is phenomenal, as is health

Yes this Utilian thing is clearly a Fenix rebrand

Shit Snacks,

FreddieFresh

My Herbalaire was my first vape. I absolutely love it, and it's great if you're unsure what style of vaping you prefer. But as much as I love it, there really is no comparison. The LSV and EVO both hit like a freight train compared to it.

Mr. Me2

Have you checked out Buzz Danklin's site, vaporizerwizard.com?

I trust his reviews, and it may help shorten your research

Mr. Me2,

Zander

I went on utillian’s site and spoke to the live chat agent. I asked if they by any chance had plans to release a rebrand of the weecke fenix 2 as the utillian 720/721 are weecke fenix rebrands and they’ve released a couple of other rebrands of weecke devices. the live chat agent said that the utillian 720/721 aren’t weecke fenix rebrands and she said that they’ve been in business since 2014. I think the weecke fenix was released on june 15th 2016, so I’d really like to find out when the 720 and the 721 came out to know which is the original. just because utillian has been in business since before the weecke fenix came out, doesn’t mean that the 720 came out first. I still had a couple of unanswered questions after the live chat(the live chat agent was unable to answer my questions) so I wrote utillian a message to which I haven’t gotten an answer to yet and it’s been a week ago today since I sent the message.

Zander,

GEED

Gaseouser
You'd never be able to find out. Chinese manufacturers have a long history already in vapes. Rebrands will never be officially acknowledged as rebrands. Weecke Fenix was pretty much the first of kind, but exactly the same products followed with varied price tags - under different name.

GEED,

fondoobious

Hawker of Vapeware
Giveaway: One Utillian 722 Wax Canistor Set, unused. Shipping to anywhere in the world is on me, so just send me a pm and it's yours for free.

fondoobious,
Top Bottom