using capsules with the Zesus GTS Hub vs Davinci IQ2 (looking to buy)

bigheaded1

I was pretty much all set to get a Firefly 2+, but as I did more research the rabbit hole started to grow and grow. I like the FF for on demand, but I like the 2 I mentions because I could take 3 or 4 capsules with me and have a variety of flower ready. I see a big split when it comes to anything from Zeus, but the people who like their units like them a lot. On-Demand would be right up my alley for being able to 1 and done without cooking the flower. But the idea of pods is really catching my attention.

I did a bunch of Googling, and read 5 or 6 write ups and watched some YT videos. I like how the Zeus Xtruder can fill a single pod quickly whereas the Davinci capsules would be more work unless I filled 6 at once with the same flower. I know neither are geared towards microdosing, and I know Davinci has the Miqro. But the Micro is kind of small and limited if I wanted to use it with a friend. And I know both work better with a tighter pack, which will use more flower and with no on demand I couldn't use it at all like a FireFly. So, my question is, is there a difference between the 2 with capsules when using them more towards microdosing? Like, with capsules do you still have to have the flower packed down like a loose bowl? And for anyone who might have both, do you feel there's any advantage for either when it comes to capsules?

I'm still very much undecided, so I might still go with a FF2+, I know that's a totally different beast than either I'm asking about, and overall would probably be better suited for what I'll use it for. But since I only vaped a little with a G Pen Elite a few years ago, I'm not really even sure how I'll end up using something here. The capsules definitely have caught my interest though.

bigheaded1,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
The people who like Zeus units are paid to say so, not worth the investment, there are a lot of shitty reviews out there especially from Toronto TVapes, also stay away from anything G pen... Doesn't sound like you should bother with the DaVinci in this situation either although the IQ2 is nice... FF2+ is totally different nothing like these others, the pure convection on demand, not even worth the comparison, also it is really not so practical and has a very large learning curve, I would highly recommend something like the tinymight instead or on the budget end xmax v3pro or xlux roffu or healthyrips Rogue or Fury Edge (they too take capsules)

Pukka

If you like the Firefly look at the Airvape Legacy Pro. You get hybred heating in session and convection in on-demand with capsules coming in September. And they do crazy discounts all the time so if it piques your interest you might want to check out their thread for codes.

badbee

I was pretty much all set to get a Firefly 2+, but as I did more research the rabbit hole started to grow and grow. I like the FF for on demand, but I like the 2 I mentions because I could take 3 or 4 capsules with me and have a variety of flower ready. I see a big split when it comes to anything from Zeus, but the people who like their units like them a lot. On-Demand would be right up my alley for being able to 1 and done without cooking the flower. But the idea of pods is really catching my attention.

I did a bunch of Googling, and read 5 or 6 write ups and watched some YT videos. I like how the Zeus Xtruder can fill a single pod quickly whereas the Davinci capsules would be more work unless I filled 6 at once with the same flower. I know neither are geared towards microdosing, and I know Davinci has the Miqro. But the Micro is kind of small and limited if I wanted to use it with a friend. And I know both work better with a tighter pack, which will use more flower and with no on demand I couldn't use it at all like a FireFly. So, my question is, is there a difference between the 2 with capsules when using them more towards microdosing? Like, with capsules do you still have to have the flower packed down like a loose bowl? And for anyone who might have both, do you feel there's any advantage for either when it comes to capsules?

I'm still very much undecided, so I might still go with a FF2+, I know that's a totally different beast than either I'm asking about, and overall would probably be better suited for what I'll use it for. But since I only vaped a little with a G Pen Elite a few years ago, I'm not really even sure how I'll end up using something here. The capsules definitely have caught my interest though.
I hate to discourage you after all that investigation but you have some questionable vapes listed here. As Shit Snacks mentioned, a lot of us have a problem with the Zeus and Utillian brands owned by TVape because they are really blatant and ridiculous about lying in reviews. Their vapes are rebrands of designs from other companies, they don't invent or design anything, and they claim these rebrands are better than the best vapes on the market.

Tell us about your usage, how much, how often, what parts of the experience do you like and not like, do you have any deal breakers (like using butane torches for example). People here will give a good recommendation.

The FireFly 2 is a well made device but a little quirky, people tend to love it or hate it ( a lot). It's small with great aesthetics, known for good flavor and for being good with concentrates. It also gets hot as blazes and is a bit of a hassle to fill, empty and clean. It's a sipping vape, not a big hitter.

If the G Pen Elite is your only experience of vaping, just know that it can be much better than that. G Pen is another brand most of us wont touch, they just don't work very well.

bigheaded1

If you like the Firefly look at the Airvape Legacy Pro. You get hybred heating in session and convection in on-demand with capsules coming in September. And they do crazy discounts all the time so if it piques your interest you might want to check out their thread for codes.

AH thank you! I did a lot of looking into the Airvape, it looked great but I didn't see anything about the capsules. That sounds about perfect for me. September's right around the corner so I might as well wait and see if they have some sort of filling system like Divinci or Zeus.

I hate to discourage you after all that investigation but you have some questionable vapes listed here. As Shit Snacks mentioned, a lot of us have a problem with the Zeus and Utillian brands owned by TVape because they are really blatant and ridiculous about lying in reviews. Their vapes are rebrands of designs from other companies, they don't invent or design anything, and they claim these rebrands are better than the best vapes on the market.

Tell us about your usage, how much, how often, what parts of the experience do you like and not like, do you have any deal breakers (like using butane torches for example). People here will give a good recommendation.

The FireFly 2 is a well made device but a little quirky, people tend to love it or hate it ( a lot). It's small with great aesthetics, known for good flavor and for being good with concentrates. It also gets hot as blazes and is a bit of a hassle to fill, empty and clean. It's a sipping vape, not a big hitter.

If the G Pen Elite is your only experience of vaping, just know that it can be much better than that. G Pen is another brand most of us wont touch, they just don't work very well.

I appreciate the response, I bought the G Pen around when it came out, so like 7 or 8 years. I wasn't a member on here (or any zping forums. And for what it's worth Grenco products were fairly well received in the research I did. If they were disliked back then it was by the hardcore crowd. Even the guy at the store I bought it from said it was a pretty good unit for the $. So at least I thought I was making a good buy.

Fast forward to 2022, before signing up on here a few days ago, from all the reviews I read and YT videos I watched somebody researching like me would think the Zeus GT/GTS were really good products. None of the reviews gave off the spammy fake site vibe. Which is usually pretty apparent. So I guess kudos to them for doing a better job of pulling off paid reviews and shit like that. And the Hub kit does seem pretty impressive IMHO. I did do some reading on here after I posted this message, and people are very divided about Zeus to say the least lol. But definitely read enough bad to where I understand the company's a red flag. Which really sucks because I liked the idea of the Xtruder and the pods.. Oh well...

As for what will be my usages - that's a good question that I can't fully answer. I haven't even used herb in good while now (no real reason) I do like the idea of devices like the FF that can do sessions or on demand which is the best of both world. I see myself probably using on-demand more, but that's just a guess. I might end up wanting a Mighty+ where I'll rip through herb like it was nothing lol. The FF & Divinci are close to opposite ends of the spectrum but both look like something I'd enjoy owning. The IQ, GTS & Crafty+ are what got me thinking about capsules. Pukka replied here the Airvape Legacy Pro will have capsules next month. That's another one that I found a ton of shining reviews on Google/YT. Of course I also found just as many great reviews of the Zeus lol. But at least from reading on here the Airvape isn't some shady company that pays for reviews. As for the Crafty, unless they have REALLY GOOD paid reviews, Storz & Bickle is a favorite company of many. And they have capsules too. So maybe the Crafty+ should stay on my maybe list. Although their filling kit needing 6g of herb's a little extreme to me.

And I still might get a FF2+, people are divided, some mention it can have a steep learning curve and isn't for everyone. But it looks like a winner to me, whatever I get I plan to use a few times a day and a good chance not every day. That's why I'm thinking on-demand, but with capsules or ones that have spacers you can semi-microdose but still have the ability for a big bowl when you don't want to microdose or are sharing with a friend.

So yeah, I'm kind of all over the place, but I'm definitely still reading a lot and putting some thought into this before I just willy nilly buy shit. Otherwise I'd have already ordered the Zeus GTS Hub & a Stori Box lol.

*EDIT*

I know it's an older model, but I just found a coupon code that makes the Airvape Legacy special edition. For my use, I don't know if I could find a better deal out there. I also like the oddball color, which I'm sure many hate lol. $132 is a hellova deal. And if pods are coming to the Legacy Pro they should work on this, because they have the same size chambers.

Last edited:
bigheaded1,

badbee

You are in that tricky spot for new but self-educated vapers where you are aware of a lot of different options but don't really know what your own usage preferences are yet. It's hard to make a recommendation for you. If you like the idea of on-demand, where you can take a hit and then leave it for awhile, you might like something like the Xmax V3 Pro on the cheaper side or the TinyMight on the more expensive end. The Vapcap is efficient and affordable but requires torch or induction heating which some find too much of a nuisance.

If a slower session with more but lighter hits appeals there are great convection session units from Storz & Bickel and Arizer

Pukka

I know it's an older model, but I just found a coupon code that makes the Airvape Legacy special edition. For my use, I don't know if I could find a better deal out there. I also like the oddball color, which I'm sure many hate lol. $132 is a hellova deal. And if pods are coming to the Legacy Pro they should work on this, because they have the same size chambers.
I have both (yeah, the colour ruled) and tbh, I use the Legacy for concentrates only. In use with flower the Legacy is messier than the Pro, although not overly. I don't think the capsules will work with the Legacy, you could ask on the Legacy Pro thread here. Also, don't forget you can upgrade from the Legacy to the Pro at a significent discount if you like and want to get a Pro.

Edit: btw, I'm just a fan and user like you.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
FF2+ it's not session device at all, seriously I would just say get the X-Max V3 Pro to get a sense for a variety of styles and all the needs you require seemingly... The mainstream brands are pretty lacking for the price they haven't been innovating like the lesson knowns, this is the place to find out the best stuff from the real enthusiasts and connoisseurs, the mainstream type of reviews and videos are really not helpful in my experience, good luck!

bigheaded1

I have both (yeah, the colour ruled) and tbh, I use the Legacy for concentrates only. In use with flower the Legacy is messier than the Pro, although not overly. I don't think the capsules will work with the Legacy, you could ask on the Legacy Pro thread here. Also, don't forget you can upgrade from the Legacy to the Pro at a significent discount if you like and want to get a Pro.

Edit: btw, I'm just a fan and user like you.

Well even if the pods won't be compatible, I think for $132 it's gonna be the best deal out there. I'll be fine with some extra cleaning and a a few lesser features. IF I wanted to get a pro, it would be cheaper to just get a Pro. I think with a coupon code I got it down to $230. That $100 savings for the SE + it's interesting green color + the wireless charger make it hard to pass up. And seeing how I've never used either, I'm not going to miss the better air flow and other small improvements of the Pro.

FF2+ it's not session device at all, seriously I would just say get the X-Max V3 Pro to get a sense for a variety of styles and all the needs you require seemingly... The mainstream brands are pretty lacking for the price they haven't been innovating like the lesson knowns, this is the place to find out the best stuff from the real enthusiasts and connoisseurs, the mainstream type of reviews and videos are really not helpful in my experience, good luck!

After reading thru some thread I'm seeing how nit picky some of the people are here, which is great when you want to learn about something. I tend to learn towards an enthusiast when I jump into something. But my budget's usually a little less. I was close to ordering a Focus Carta V 2 with the herb attachment but I thought I should go find a vaping forums and do some reading. Knowing me I might still get a Focus sometime down the road. But I should read up on it here, it might not even be that great for herb (no concentrate for me)

bigheaded1,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
You seem pretty dead-set on getting a disappointing device. The legacy (non-pro) is notorious for flakey temperature control leading to accidental combustion. Everyone has to make their own mistakes, but you have been recommended several good devices on this thread: Tinymight, Xmax v3 pro, Airvape Legacy Pro. Those are all at different price points, but all have reliable solid reviews. Anyway, just my :2c:

bigheaded1

You seem pretty dead-set on getting a disappointing device. The legacy (non-pro) is notorious for flakey temperature control leading to accidental combustion. Everyone has to make their own mistakes, but you have been recommended several good devices on this thread: Tinymight, Xmax v3 pro, Airvape Legacy Pro. Those are all at different price points, but all have reliable solid reviews. Anyway, just my :2c:

The flakey temp control is news to me, I planned to do more research before I order something anyways. So I'll read up more, I know one review I read of the Legacy said a con was it can run a bit hotter than set, I'd be going to lower temps anyways. But, if I read up and it would be more of an issue, if I go Airvape I'd definitely spend more and get the Pro. I think with a coupon code I'll be able to get it for around $220 which isn't bad. The Pro was mentioned that's why I looked up the normal Legacy because I thought they were pretty much the same outside of the body being sleeker and having better air flow and a few tweaks here and there. And people saying the old one is harder to clean.

Thank you for the heads up I'm going to do more reading on here and see what more I'll learn between the 2.

*EDIT* nevermind, I found a link that dropped the Pro to $169, I 100% will be getting one, The previous deal I found it was still $100 more before tax than the SE, that was gonna be a tough one. But for $50 more there's no reason to not go pro here.

Last edited:

Lee7

Việc kiểm soát nhiệt độ bong tróc là một tin tức đối với tôi, tôi đã lên kế hoạch nghiên cứu thêm trước khi đặt mua thứ gì đó. Vì vậy, tôi sẽ đọc thêm, tôi biết một bài đánh giá tôi đã đọc về Legacy nói rằng một điều lừa đảo là nó có thể chạy nóng hơn một chút so với thiết lập, dù sao thì tôi cũng sẽ hạ nhiệt độ. Nhưng, nếu tôi đọc lên và nó sẽ là một vấn đề nhiều hơn, nếu tôi sử dụng Airvape, tôi chắc chắn sẽ chi tiêu nhiều hơn và nhận được Pro. Tôi nghĩ rằng với một mã phiếu giảm giá, tôi sẽ có thể nhận được nó với giá khoảng $ 220, điều này không tệ. Pro đã được đề cập đến đó là lý do tại sao tôi tìm kiếm Legacy bình thường vì tôi nghĩ chúng khá giống nhau bên ngoài thân máy đẹp hơn và có luồng không khí tốt hơn và một vài chỉnh sửa ở đây và ở đó. Và mọi người nói cái cũ khó làm sạch hơn.

Cảm ơn bạn đã biết tôi sẽ đọc nhiều hơn ở đây và xem tôi sẽ học được gì thêm giữa hai phần.

* CHỈNH SỬA * đừng bận tâm, tôi đã tìm thấy một liên kết làm giảm Pro xuống còn 169 đô la, tôi 100% sẽ nhận được một chiếc. Giao dịch trước đó tôi thấy nó vẫn cao hơn 100 đô la trước thuế so với SE, đó sẽ là một giao dịch khó khăn. Nhưng với 50 đô la nữa, không có lý do gì để không tham gia chuyên nghiệp ở đây.
Mình cũng quan tâm đến Legacy Pro nhưng chưa tìm được mã giảm giá. Có thể gửi cho tôi mã giảm giá của bạn được không?

Lee7,
Top Bottom