Uses for CBD isolate

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I just ordered a gram of some powdered CBD isolate so I can give it a try. I plan of having two uses. One is to add a little to my rosin or shatter hits in order to mellow out any feelings of anxiety I sometimes get from vaping. I also wanted to try making a potent cream or salve to use for arthritis. I did some searching here and on youtube but still had some questions.

For the topical I see that people use all sorts of carriers from the coconut, shea butter and beeswax mix to something called magnesium chloride cream to plain body lotion like lubriderm. The texture really doesn't matter that much, I just want a high level of absorption through the skin. Could I really just dump the CBD powder in lubriderm lotion and mix it up at room temp? Would it dissolve in the lotion without heating?

Also, I don't want to make a weak conc and not have much effect. I'd rather side on the stronger side for concentration. I see some places selling salves that are 1000mg in a 2 ounce container. Other sites mix 1000mg of isolate in 28 ounces of an oil/wax mixture for a lot more product. What might be a typical ratio of isolate to carrier for a reasonably strong topical?

For vaping I figure I would take my usual rice grain size piece of rosin on a dabber and give it a dusting in the isolate powder. I tend to vape my concentrates with organic cotton through my log vape.

Thanks for any help or discussion.

MinnBobber

I see some places selling salves that are 1000mg in a 2 ounce container. Other sites mix 1000mg of isolate in 28 ounces of an oil/wax mixture for a lot more product. What might be a typical ratio of isolate to carrier for a reasonably strong topical?
........................................................................................
I assist several folks with CBD products and stronger is better, especially with CBD topicals as there is no psychoactivity to worry about. They almost all get great results with 1200 mg CBD in 2 oz of carrier.
I'd even try stronger if I found a really clean one in a stronger ratio.

In the future I'll try making my own too, so am experimenting with finding a good base cream. No affiliation but like Tropical Traditions orange and bergamot oil. I like the ingredients they use and it feels very nice even without CBD.
Ingredients: purified water, organic virgin coconut oil, emulsifying wax (plant based, no soy), palm stearic, grapefruit seed extract, organic beeswax, organic virgin palm oil, and organic essential oils of orange, coriander, bergamot, and cypress.

https://healthytraditions.com/tropi...z-moisturizing-cream-bergamot-and-orange.html

Bergamot oil is a very interesting essential oil.

I'm not sure exactly how I'd mix CBD isolate with these cream--- don't want to possibly destroy the consistency of the base cream by heating too much, yet want to fully dissolve CBD. I'm thinking of heating a minimal amount of coconut oil and dissolve the powder in that and then mix that into the base cream.

Please report back on what you try/ how it works

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Thanks @MinnBobber . I did see a number of your posts in past discussions on this topic.

I only have 1000mg on the way so I might go a little less than 2 oz on the carrier. I also wanted to have just a little isolate to mix in some indica rosin when vaping and see if the high is even more mellow.

I like the idea of first dissolving the isolate in warm coconut oil first. I imagine you want it just warm enough to dissolve. Once it is in solution I'll try mixing it in some type of moisturizing cream and keep the total amount to about 1.5 oz. We will mess with it and report back.

The best deal I could find was through https://www.fullyactivated.net/. Their isolate looks pretty pure and others have recommended them. With current discounts and shipping I picked up a gram of isolate for around $22.

Last edited:
BabyFacedFinster,
Reactions: MinnBobber
Top Bottom