Upgrade from a Saionara TAF with Crossing Tech SiC bucket running on an iStick Pico mod.

ben1985

Hi guys,

This is my first post on this forum. I've been vaping and dabing for a longtime but took a break the last couple of years because of work.

Now that I'm free from random drug testing, I got back into the game and brought out my old gear.

I feel like there's been new players in the portable dab'n game and was trying to keep up with what's hot.

I used to run a HVT/Saionara TAF with quartz bucket, glass mouth piece, iStick Pico mod. Everything was great, gets a little messy sometimes if I overloaded or didn't clean often, clouds were okay and it hit hard and was convenient to use.

In hopes of upgrading, I recently bought a SiC bucket for the Saionara TAF and a vertical WPA Saionara Hubble Bubble.

I also tried the Devine Tribe SiC Quest attachment.

So far I don't notice much of a difference going from my old set up with quartz bucket to a SiC except for the extreme price difference.

The glass WPA on the Quest broke the second time I used it.... seems really fragile, also didn't notice any improvement with dabbing using that setup.

I was wondering what the gold standard is for portable dab rigs ATM?

Been seeing these models mentioned a lot as some of the best portable dab rigs on the market:

1. Puffco peak pro
2. Carta 2
3. Crossing Tech Core 2.1 or the 2.0 RDA
4. Divine Tribe v5
5. AVS M22

Can anyone shed some light or experience with using these? How do they compare with one another? Are any of these worth an upgrade from my current rig?

Thanks!

Last edited:

florduh

Hi guys,

This is my first post on this forum. I've been vaping and dabing for a longtime but took a break the last couple of years because of work.

Now that I'm free from random drug testing, I got back into the game and brought out my old gear.

I feel like there's been new players in the portable dab'n game and was trying to keep up with what's hot.

I used to run a HVT/Saionara TAF with quartz bucket, glass mouth piece, iStick Pico mod. Everything was great, gets a little messy sometimes if I overloaded or didn't clean often, clouds were okay and it hit hard and was convenient to use.

In hopes of upgrading, I recently bought a SiC bucket for the Saionara TAF and a vertical WPA Saionara Hubble Bubble.

I also tried the Devine Tribe SiC Quest attachment.

So far I don't notice much of a difference going from my old set up with quartz bucket to a SiC except for the extreme price difference.

The glass WPA on the Quest broke the second time I used it.... seems really fragile, also didn't notice any improvement with dabbing using that setup.

I was wondering what the gold standard is for portable dab rigs ATM?

Been seeing these models mentioned a lot as some of the best portable dab rigs on the market:

1. Puffco peak pro
2. Carta 2
3. Crossing Tech Core 2.1 or the 2.0 RDA
4. Devine Tribe v5
5. AVS M22

Can anyone shed some light or experience with using these? How do they compare with one another? Are any of these worth an upgrade from my current rig?

Thanks!

If you don't want to spend much, you could grab the Divine Tribe v5, since you already have the Pico. I'd suggest combining it with the Hubble Bubbler. This will be a big upgrade over the Sai for a small investment.

Even if you end up investing in a pricier e-rig down the road, you'd have a quality back up option.

florduh,

ben1985

If you don't want to spend much, you could grab the Divine Tribe v5, since you already have the Pico. I'd suggest combining it with the Hubble Bubbler. This will be a big upgrade over the Sai for a small investment.

Even if you end up investing in a pricier e-rig down the road, you'd have a quality back up option.

Have you noticed any difference or tried the DT v5, DT SiC Quest or M22?

ben1985,

florduh

Have you noticed any difference or tried the DT v5, DT SiC Quest or M22?

I also own the M22. It's an awesome device, but I'd still recommend the v5 over it. You'll easily be able to get 1 degree temp control to work on the v5 with your Pico. TC is almost impossible to achieve on the M22 without their proprietary mod, which isn't available for purchase yet.

I'm pretty sure most people in Wax Pen world these days would recommend the v5 over the Quest too.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I have Sai TAF with so many spare quartz buckets, one titanium and one SiC, also have a glass mouthpiece and the Poseidon upright bubbler, along with the bottomless banger whip attachment for other glass... All brand new never opened lol when e-cig stuff was being banned and sold at discount I stocked up, I only tried the Sai+ (Sequoia) with quartz and actually sold that with everything, figured the smaller Sai would be more my style, but cold start dabbing this way has not been very appealing for me... It's so much simpler to just do hot start torch banger dabs in a nice recycler, feels like maybe I should sell this Sai stuff while it is still brand new though I am still curious to try it even though now it's a few years later lol

Shit Snacks,

ben1985

Same here, I have way too many accessories, and way too many quartz buckets too!

I have 1 titanium bucket that it came with the unit, probably 5 quartz buckets/ceramic heaters, a SiC bucket I just bought, 2 glass mouth pieces, titanium mouth piece, Hydrotube, a bunch of spare parts and adapters lol...

When I burn through all these atomizers I'm planning on upgrading to the pico 2 and the DTv5 attached to the Hubble Bubble that I already have... that setup looks like the best option for dabbing IMO. Extremely portable, great performance, easy to clean, easy to replace parts and to modify.... and price is very reasonable.

I have Sai TAF with so many spare quartz buckets, one titanium and one SiC, also have a glass mouthpiece and the Poseidon upright bubbler, along with the bottomless banger whip attachment for other glass... All brand new never opened lol when e-cig stuff was being banned and sold at discount I stocked up, I only tried the Sai+ (Sequoia) with quartz and actually sold that with everything, figured the smaller Sai would be more my style, but cold start dabbing this way has not been very appealing for me... It's so much simpler to just do hot start torch banger dabs in a nice recycler, feels like maybe I should sell this Sai stuff while it is still brand new though I am still curious to try it even though now it's a few years later lol

Top Bottom