Unique Products that YOU really like...........

lwien

...........and would like to share with others so that they too may find that they really like it as well.

I'll start with this. Use it in the shower all the time. Bar lasts forever, suds up like crazy, smells great and makes your body feel kinda tingly. What's not to like, eh? A little pricey but considering how long it lasts, it's not that pricy at all. Hell, it's worth it just to read what's on the wrapper.

Buy mine at Trader Joe's. A bit less expensive than what's listed in the link. Buy a bar just to try it out. You may not ever go back to regular soap again. It's that good.

I21BtpI.jpg

https://www.drbronner.com/DBMS/BARSOAP/OBPE05.html

Edit: Oh, and check this out from one of the links on their site:

It's Not Just What You Grow, It's How You Grow It

Ethically-Sourced, Certified Fair Trade Ingredients

Dr. Bronner’s started sourcing certified organic ingredients for our products in 2000 out of a desire to support sustainable agriculture without synthetic chemical fertilizers and pesticides. While this was a great first step towards sustainability, we realized that questionable pricing, wages and working conditions for farmers and workers producing our raw ingredients were not being addressed. Rather than support a supply chain motivated only by profit, we wanted to create a supply chain that offered fairness and empowerment for our farmers, workers, and their communities.

In 2006, Dr. Bronner’s committed to sourcing our major raw materials from certified Fair Trade and organic projects around the world that ensure fair prices, living wages and community benefits for farmers, workers and their families. Now, when you purchase Dr. Bronner’s products, you are supporting these more just and vibrant producer communities around the world.

We have created or partnered with various Fair Trade organic projects all over the world: in Sri Lanka for coconut oil, in Ghana for palm oil, in Palestine and Israel for olive oil, in India for mint oil, in Kenya for avocado, tea tree and coconut oils, in Ecuador for sugar cane alcohol, and in Zambia for beeswax. In fact, an estimated 10,000 people around the world benefit directly from Dr. Bronner’s various Fair Trade projects, and we are supporting the development of domestic Fair Trade programs here in North America as well.

To date, the Fair Trade premiums paid to our projects have helped local communities realize various important efforts: drilling fresh-water wells, setting up composting operations that improve farmers’ soils and incomes, renovating schools, purchasing medical equipment for local health clinics, and providing mosquito nets to help prevent the spread of malaria – to name just a few.

Explore our Fair Trade Around The World projects to learn more about the communities and people who produce our raw ingredients.

Last edited:

lwien

Ah yes my girlfriend introduced me to dr bronners .. we use the liquid soap... really good product.

My recommendation is for a uk based chilli sauce and curry sauce company.

Www.mrvikkis.co.uk

Probably a bit hard to get your hands on in the u.s.a but if you get the chance their sauces are amazing.

Now THAT got my mouth watering. :mmmm:

Gettinbetter

We use the liquid Bronner's too but haven't looked at their bar soap before. We have a friend that makes patchouli soap for us but we are almost out so good timing for checking out another soap.

If you are into bbq and like using charcoal then I recommend the Vortex http://vortexbbq.com/

IMG_2098-1000.jpg

I just smoked a couple of chickens today! This thing is good for steaks as well and particularly good at wings, which is why he created it. Under his "where to buy" tab is listed a few websites. The first two....Mad Hunky and Owens BBQ each have a unique rub that is amazing. The Mad Hunky is unbelievable on chicken and pork. Tatonka Dust made by Owens is the best thing on beef since..... ever.

I used to be on a BBQ site and kind of know these people. I've met Rich a couple of times (Mad Hunky) and Bill (Vortex). Both amazing cooks and great people.

Thanks for starting this thread. I like finding new things!

Joel W.

Deplorable Basement Dweller
Accessory Maker
Sticking with the stove theme:

We lose power a lot and I love my Woodgas Campstove when it's out. It will run with pellets, briquettes, sticks or wood chunks. It has a battery pack and a 2 speed fan for high and low. It burns the wood gas/smoke and is super clean. You load it up and it runs for an hour with no smoke. The leftover charcoal is great for the garden.
iMed~WoodgasCampStoveOnly.png

I copied the design a few years back and made a larger scale one out of an old 10 gallon propane tank and a freon canister. It used a blower fan and it would make a nice 3ft fire tornado that would burn for 5 hours.

The only downside is once it's lit, you gotta let it burn out.

Joel W.

Deplorable Basement Dweller
Accessory Maker
@Joel W. How does it run no smoke? Pretty cool device but I'm having a hard time figuring how it's combusting without the smoke?
The smoke is drawn down the middle of the stove through small holes at the bottom of the stove. It's pulled by the vacuum created as the fan pushes fresh air across the small holes, through the sides walls and out the larger holes at the top. The gases mix and there are little jets of flame that shoot out the top side holes basically burning the gas/smoke. If you angle these holes all to one side with a screwdriver, it creates a tornado of fire out the top.. :)

grokit

well-worn member
I like hot chocolate when medicated sometimes, but despise the mixes with all the bs ingredients. It's relatively easy to find organic cocoa and sugar, and I even found some hfcs-free mini-marshmallows that I can't wait to try (the bigger size cut up are delicious). But it's hard to acquire an organic full-fat powdered milk. Finally I found a source; I may even try some of their unique chocolate if I get adventurous.

Whole_Milk_Powder_large.jpg

srama21

Monotonous Botanist
This isn't a specific product, I'm sure many different types can be found. I just installed a few of these in my kitchen and throughout the first floor. goodbye to those damn apple & android charging cubes. doc bronners is good stuff, most of their stuff last so long.

3H7Ok8S.jpg

BeardedCrow

This isn't a specific product, I'm sure many different types can be found. I just installed a few of these in my kitchen and throughout the first floor. goodbye to those damn apple & android charging cubes. doc bronners is good stuff, most of their stuff last so long.

3H7Ok8S.jpg
I'm in the market of buying my 1st home.
I've noticed many new homes have these already built in. The future is here.

Honestly I still like using my wallwarts, anker and ravpower.

Top Bottom