typical ceramic heating element length?

budballer

okay simple, i'm going to start a DIY build, i will make a log when i start, might not be for a while. For now im just collecting information though. Could anyone who either uses a hakko iron, ssv, or dbv kindly measure the length of the heating element? thank you. Also if anybody has a good idea for a bowl design im all ears. I was thinking of using a cyclone bowl, but i'm still not sure. I do want a vertical facing bowl though. thanks!

Edit: Oh and actually if anybody has the length of the ground glass part of the whip of either the dbv or ssv that'd be great too!

budballer,

2clicker

Observer
Here are measurements from my vapes heaters.

DBV: 3/16" Dia X 1.5" L

Hakko 556SE: 3/16" Dia X 2.5" L

Hakko 456-16: 1/4" Dia X 2.5" L

the 456 measurement is from memory. i dont have it here to measure it, but i think i remember it being 1/4" thick and the same length as my 556SE.

as for the bowl... feel free to copy my simple creation. just send this pic to a glass blower and they should be able to do it for pretty cheap. female GonG joints can be substituted for the males GonGs depending on the heater cover your planning on using. i like the DBV heater covers because they are all clear, are cheap, and are very effective.
SpencerSlide-WandV31.jpg
photo3.jpg

2clicker,

budballer

i was actually going to place the heater inside a glass tube like this posted above (thanks 2clicker) or the dbv ground glass whip connection. They seem perfect for holding a heating element, and i need a male connection preferrably.

oh and what's the point of the restriction? sorry

budballer,
Top Bottom