Types of E-Nails

GrilledGoat

New Places
Hello all, I would like you to share your input regarding the wide variety of e-nails available today. Currently I am using a domeless ceramic and heating it with a torch. The ceramic gives a good taste but I am unable to reliably get a nice low temp with the torch.

I'm a bit confused as to the differences between the different heater types.

Can someone who has experience with the different types of heater chime in? Specifically in regard to the differences between flat coils vs regular coils. Also if y'all want to share what e-nail you think currently has the best performance to cost ratio. I am not really talking about the 710 whip although it is something I'm considering, It seems like it wouldn't have the power to go through big ole slabs.

I'm looking at the RDK-200 but i'm unsure if it can deliver the power I need.

GrilledGoat,
Reactions: S1N3

mixchu69

I was looking for one too and went onto to Dnail, because I know the company is reputable. I just bought their analog one (because it was cheap) and the gentleman at Dnail told me what I needed to get. He was very helpful (great customer service) and actually was recommending the inexpensive pieces,butI said I wantthe Hive Ceramic. So I got theDnail analog controller, one of their heaters, Hive Ceramic Nail and Carb Capper for $305. I know its not digital, but with a learning curve, Ill probably find the sweet spot.

I ordered it a few weeks ago ( and they told me it can take a month) but I got an email statingthat is arriving today. Very excited. Its not on their website anymore but you should call them. Everyone is so nice.

S1N3

Tarzan @ KloudSociety
Hello all, I would like you to share your input regarding the wide variety of e-nails available today. Currently I am using a domeless ceramic and heating it with a torch. The ceramic gives a good taste but I am unable to reliably get a nice low temp with the torch.

I'm a bit confused as to the differences between the different heater types.

Can someone who has experience with the different types of heater chime in? Specifically in regard to the differences between flat coils vs regular coils. Also if y'all want to share what e-nail you think currently has the best performance to cost ratio. I am not really talking about the 710 whip although it is something I'm considering, It seems like it wouldn't have the power to go through big ole slabs.

I'm looking at the RDK-200 but i'm unsure if it can deliver the power I need.

I made my own unit with a 16mm/20mm coil and HE/ Dnail v1.2 Nail / Quartz Nail.
And own a 710 coil for low temp dabs/ portability.

Here is a good post on the heater information you requested (with pictures) from reddit.

The best cost performance is a cheap unit off Auberins or to build your own which I was able to successfully do via this DIY thread as the cheapest option. Or for best bang for the buck, the convenience of Auber Instruments RDK200 may be the best option. A lot of the older models are bulky and this is where the RDK200's small size excels, check out the dedicated thread here.

As for buying coils: the Dnail heaters have never steered me wrong. I have had 50:50 results with Gimodo heaters which @Deadshort480 is currently using on his box and is among the cheapest available. :)

Final Thoughts on mixing and matching heaters and boxes: Make sure your box is compatible with the heating coil. This shouldn't be a hard thing to determine on Gimodo's product page but for Dnail you will need to dig through the DIY thread mentioned above.

As far as slabs go, i recommend using a recessed dish like these and preferably quartz for the flavor bonus or if you decide to go the flat coil route I can recommend the ceramic nails over at domeless and they even have standard coil nail over at domeless which look interesting as well.

Lastly check out this FC thread for cheap nails: http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/cheap-high-quality-nails.14448/

And this thread for the future of Enail's :): http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/next-generation-e-nails.11713/

I was looking for one too and went onto to Dnail, because I know the company is reputable. I just bought their analog one (because it was cheap) and the gentleman at Dnail told me what I needed to get. He was very helpful (great customer service) and actually was recommending the inexpensive pieces,butI said I wantthe Hive Ceramic. So I got theDnail analog controller, one of their heaters, Hive Ceramic Nail and Carb Capper for $305. I know its not digital, but with a learning curve, Ill probably find the sweet spot.

I ordered it a few weeks ago ( and they told me it can take a month) but I got an email statingthat is arriving today. Very excited. Its not on their website anymore but you should call them. Everyone is so nice.

Agreed Dnail's are great, here is a small write-up I did on a unit of theirs.

Last edited:
Top Bottom