Twaxing for a noob?

yogie

Hi Team!

I am anxiously awaiting my Bakx and I'm curious about twaxing. Outside of using carts for convenience, and using hash like 20+ years ago, I don't have much experience.

Any resources, threads, etc on best practices for twaxing?

For example, do you use indica concentrate with indica flower? Or mix strains to get a fuller spectrum? Any ways to approach how you mix different strains, terps, etc?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Check the BAK thread? Since you're specifically asking about that, it's nice to smear some concentrate on a whole nug in there, I take it slow low and temp step up... I prefer with water, minimal diffusion... Up to you how you want to mix strains etc, but the weed itself is already the full spectrum... The concentrate is just adding concentrate and that depends on the concentrate how full spectrum that is itself... Usually just extra THC smacks (classic old school hash like what you seem to describe is totally different)

badbee

Hi Team!

I am anxiously awaiting my Bakx and I'm curious about twaxing. Outside of using carts for convenience, and using hash like 20+ years ago, I don't have much experience.

Any resources, threads, etc on best practices for twaxing?

For example, do you use indica concentrate with indica flower? Or mix strains to get a fuller spectrum? Any ways to approach how you mix different strains, terps, etc?
I don't use a Bakx but twax loads have been my standard routine in the MV1, Splinter V and TinyMight for a few years. I find the melting concentrate also helps the flower break down and release its goodies. The trick is to keep the concentrate amount small, if you go too big it doesn't vaporize completely and makes a god awful mess of your chamber. With a modest amount it comes out cleanly. I can get 20 to 30 twax loads out of a gram of wax, the crumblier the better. I put 1/3 of the flower load in a rimmed basket screen first, concentrate and then the rest of the flower on top, tamped down a bit, TM turned up +1 level. One tip, with twax'ing there is a last hit that won't taste great but it will knock you on your ass, don't miss that one.

I am skeptical about the differences between Indica and Sativa having much impact when you are talking about highly processed concentrates, maybe it would apply to resin. I find as much variation between samples of the same strain from different growers as between two different strains from the same grower.

Top Bottom