Trouble Sleeping After a Recovering From a Cold?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
does anybody else have trouble sleeping after getting over a cold?
I just had my first full blown cold after going vegan, and it was intense (but I'm a softy), but it only lasted a day and ... kind of a half. mucous was ugly green and yellows this morning and now is pretty clear
WTF?
I was dead to the world yesterday. allday
today I felt better by noon, and still haven't slept
fu&^

this is just my ADHD holding a vigil or something, isn't it?

VWFringe,

crawdad

floatin
sometimes happens to me, the way i rationalized it is that finally my body had its normal energy returned and i was reacting to it by feeling "energized" even though it was 3 am and i already did the dishes twice (or something along those lines, har har). that dream herb after a cold is likely a good thing to do.

crawdad,

djonkoman

my colds/sicknesses usually follow the same pattern. often that includes one night of bad sleeping.

usually it starts with a bit headache and feeling a bit more tired as usual in the evening. then the next day I have a headache, no energy etc, sometimes also no appetite but that's only with the worst sicknesses
then the next night I will wake up every few hours, and then taje a long while to fall back asleep again. the day after that night the sickness itself is already recovering, but because of the bad sleep it will be the day I feel worst. next night I will sleep well again and the day after that I'm alright again, maybe still wirth a very slight headache or a clogged nose

that's the worst case scenario tough, with milder colds there is usually not a night of bad sleep and the sickness only lasts 1 day, with maybe some residual slight effects dragging on another 0,5-1 day

djonkoman,

vape4life

Banned for life
Did you abstain from vaping? It's incredible how many people cannot sleep when they are habituated to vapour, me being one of them. I'm talking like no sleep whatsoever for days. I just assumed maybe since you were sick, that you abstained as many people do.

vape4life,

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
the winner is...ding ding ding...vape4life!! (Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah!)

I was just gonna say "what's wrong with this picture" -
i DON'T VAPE FOR 36 HOURS AND SOMEHOW DROP THAT OUT OF THE EQUATION ALTOGETHER

I wasn't mysteriously energized, I was in withdrawal - this is another case of ADHD assisting me in compartmentalizing my world.

TOO FUNNY, WHAT A TOOL I AM - HAR HAR
Picture0003.jpg

VWFringe,

vape4life

Banned for life
Withdrawl is REAL, although many deny it. I always experience racing thoughts, hypervigilance, and major MAJOR fucking insomnia and MAJOR night sweats. The good news is that the sleep comes back over time (1-2 weeks to get SOME sleep, and a month or so for more quantity, I STILL can't sleep more than 5 hours). The sweats last me over a month.

Basically I think it takes as long as it takes to get the metabolites out of your system, which is around a month.

I just wonder if I vape in moderation, like once a week, if i'll be able to sleep the following night. If not, FUCK!!!!

vape4life,

djonkoman

I've never had any trouble sleeping when abstaining, have noticed the sweating once tough.
but another time when I also didn't vape or smoke for a week I can't remember noticing sweating, but that was a week with a lot of walking in a warmer country and a lot of drinking at night, so I may not have noticed it

djonkoman,

crawdad

floatin
abstaining and sleeping is usually not a problem for me either, its while not asleep id have issues. anyway, glad you figured it out and feeling better.

crawdad,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom