torching screens to clean them?

redrum891

I have use the torch method to clean up a screen and it gives a rainbow color to the screen, is this harmful?

also, I see all the concentrate pads for chamber reducer/mighty/crafty etc...is this to cover the screen from getting dirty or just to use to micro dose, kind of like using quartz beads to fill up part of the chamber?

thanks!

redrum891,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yes that is part why I don't like to use the torch, it oxidizes and changes the metal, feels impure but most people do it and it is safe if you are using good quality screens but most are stainless steel alloy I guess?

Concentrate pads, are just that, ways to load concentrate in a vape like that... Some people like to use them on top or below a load perhaps, to use a smaller load, I don't know that it has to do with keeping things cleaner but it could do that as well... I would just get a different vape though ;) :p :D

Shit Snacks,

redrum891

Yes that is part why I don't like to use the torch, it oxidizes and changes the metal, feels impure but most people do it and it is safe if you are using good quality screens but most are stainless steel alloy I guess?

Concentrate pads, are just that, ways to load concentrate in a vape like that... Some people like to use them on top or below a load perhaps, to use a smaller load, I don't know that it has to do with keeping things cleaner but it could do that as well... I would just get a different vape though ;) :p :D
I'm using s&b screens. just the outer edges build black resin that i should iso over night them >.< but usually torch em. Time to order replacements.

redrum891,

Shit Snacks

I'm using s&b screens. just the outer edges build black resin that i should iso over night them >.< but usually torch em. Time to order replacements.

Yeah you're not alone I wouldn't worry about it if it's working for you, I definitely like swapping in new screens instead of cleaning anything though haha just get a ton of them!

redrum891

Yeah you're not alone I wouldn't worry about it if it's working for you, I definitely like swapping in new screens instead of cleaning anything though haha just get a ton of them!
are there a certain name for the type of screens s n b uses? that I could possibly get cheaper on amazon or something? Or is s&b the safe route for a clean vape?

for my top chamber, the bigger screen in the volcano hybrid.

redrum891,

Shit Snacks

are there a certain name for the type of screens s n b uses? that I could possibly get cheaper on amazon or something? Or is s&b the safe route for a clean vape?

for my top chamber, the bigger screen in the volcano hybrid.

Sorry I only had the mighty for a short time, bought used and sold after testing out, I have no idea, you would get more response probably posting in the mighty thread asking about spare screens??

Farid

Just don't overheat them and they'll be fine. Don't heat them till they glow, and after dunk them in iso. Then burn off the iso.

GoldenBud

the boiling point of stainless steel is around 1400C and the torch's most hottest part is around 1100C, so it's safe, but no reason to overheat it as Farid said, no need to make it glow...

GoldenBud,
Reactions: Farid

CANtalk

PBW and hot water... and I use an ultrasonic cleaner to make the deep cleaning hands off. It's by far the best cleaning method I've tried.

:peace: :leaf:

CANtalk,
Top Bottom