• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Tools for Finding the Perfect Temp

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
When I first began dabbing, I used a timer to really zero in on the perfect temps for me. Now, more often than not I just count in my head.

Today, there are tons of useful tools to ensure you are hitting at exactly the perfect temperature every time. Not only does this greatly improve taste and the quality of your dabs, but it also protects your quartz from getting scorched... comforting when using more expensive bangers.

Do any of you use tools or devices to measure your temps?

There are two that currently have my attention, dabrite and temperterp.

Anyone have experience with either company?

KidFated.

Unknown Member
My brother has a dabrite that’s still in the box. He’s more brute force than finesse. Next time I make it down there I’m going to try it out. I even have some being saved for the occasion. I’m not huge into the concentrate scene other than making my own rosin so I’m not the one to ask for expert opinions, but I’m not completely ignorant either.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I am really shocked there are not more people using these... the old torch and timer has always worked well for me, but this is just mindlessly simple.

Are there other devices that should be taken into consideration, or are these two temp readers the best on the market?

I was hopeful one of the longtime FCers would have had their hands on a a couple variants by now.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
It's because most dabbers on FC use e-nails. These temp things are super popular on instagram though, they can't seem to build them fast enough the demand is so high. They already seem way more popular that the enail ever was.

Biohacker told me he tried most of them. They're all pretty similar.

Green Kiwi

I am always interested in my vape temps, having said that I dabbled on concentrates and have decided ,it's just not helpful for my conditions at all.
the taste is magic, but besides that, no concentrates have ever helped (besides getting smashed)me, quiet the opposite actually.
but I do keep a close eye on my dry herb temps.(with a mechanic temp meter).
and I like to stay bellow 190. 🤗 .

Green Kiwi,
Reactions: lazylathe

Thick Vape

In the Ballpark
Here’s a newer one I stumbled upon. Very similar form and function as the ODT pocket temper Except this one is just a little smaller and can probably squeeze under slightly lower banger. Mainly what makes this one very attractive to someone like me is that it offers a much more reasonable price point imo:

https://www.trutempshop.com/
Was one of the cheaper options, back then.

Terpometer
and others, but you probably were aware of these:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Was one of the cheaper options, back then.

Terpometer
and others, but you probably were aware of these:

My buddy Biohacker told me this was his favorite.

Texus

I am very, very far from an expert, but broke down and bought a Terpometer from Cream City Vapes last weeek. Will report back, but my understanding is that the IR-based options often have trouble with clear materials. I could not use many other options than Terpometer so didn't look into it further.

Kins

Have you guys seen this review from Sneaky Pete? Seems like something concentrate fans would like,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I have, but don't think it would work for all my pieces as some bangers rest too low or too high for this device.

Thick Vape

In the Ballpark
With using a standard IR gun thermometer I have the impression the inside of the banger has a lower temperature than the outside. Not yet sure if the difference is consistent. I am just going to measure the inside from now on, if.

Texus

With using a standard IR gun thermometer I have the impression the inside of the banger has a lower temperature than the outside. Not yet sure if the difference is consistent. I am just going to measure the inside from now on, if.
It would make sense that the interior is less hot than the exterior. You just need to adjust accordingly, and not confuse suggestions measuring outside temp with those using interior temps.

I'm sticking with the Terpometer to measure the inside temp, esp because it will work with e-rigs or any situation where you can't place an IR below a banger.

MegaMan2k

Graveda.de getting ballsy with the Terpometer replica at a low pirce :

I asked Tempometer about this on Instagram few days ago, and they confirmed that they would be taking legal action against graveda over this product, so order some fast before they take it off the website again :rofl:

MegaMan2k,
  • Haha
Reactions: BrianTL

Tuck

Anyone ever try using a Thermapen Meat thermometer? I read it goes to 600f. I have one, so I tested it on my da Buddha's EOK Quartz cup. I just put the tip right on the quartz and it was coming in at 404F. It's kinda pricey for a meat thermometer but it's known to be the fastest meat thermometer.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
They make a thermometer specifically for surface temps, FYI: https://www.thermoworks.com/Surface-Thermapen

Been using it for almost two years now, more info in my post 2-12-20, LINK:

RustyOldNail,

mixchu69

Well I could not resist... I could not wait until 7/10, ordered a DabRite on Amazon for $187. It gets here tomorrow.
Def interested in hearing your feedback. I love my @710Coils setup (30mm deep dish with ruby) but dont want that to leave the house. It seems like all the weedtubers I watch use the dab rite; so investigated and saw the same deal on Amazon.

I saw a really good deal for a terpometer, if u do not have a blazer big shot (which I recommend that everyone to anyone using the torch for bangers, elev8er, or supreme v3)

mixchu69,
Reactions: 710Coils
Top Bottom