• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

ConVex by Entheos Devices (formerly Tokedvapors)

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
The side-by-side quest continues!

It'd be good to see videos demonstrating even extraction (like show us the abv between hits).

Also did I read the vapor path is aluminum and steel? That doesn't jive with the pics of the inside.

And yeah, get a hula stem in there for sure!

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker
I have yet still to play with mine I have been so busy with other things I got parts to replace the stem just need to finish it. It has took taken the spot of my tinymight for sure though. My tinymight didn’t get as much use for how well it worked because of its inability to do longer sessions.

GoldenBud

edit: yeah it's almost the same heater as the GO, just bigger heater here I assume. seems like the Toked's coils are heavier

Last edited:
GoldenBud,
Reactions: arb

PPN

Volute of Vapor
In my humble opinion the TokedVapor is a great little device, I don't know any device which is hitting like another, it offers great hits but it's not like a Bowle or a TM, there is a slightly bigger learning curve, it's less plug&play than the 2 others mentionned.

Here my concerns: I can get pretty nice high temp hits, although when I'm trying to lower the temp I have a good taste but quasi no clouds... I like clouds! I believe it's cause the low mass heater, efficient low temp hits need a massive heater to distribute a steady amount of heat. I think a bigger heating element can fix that but the counterpart will be a slow heat up.
Is somebody else has the the same feeling? or am I doing something wrong...

I can see a lot of potential, definitively one of the most interesting unit since the TM (yes the Bowle is great too but it's a niche vape since the "special" design and size), awesome work @Berimbolero !

Last edited:

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Sorry for the back to back post but i noticed a few things after i got some small testing issues with the TKV:

- Ambiant air humidity is playing a large rôle, got 2 rainy days and the TKV got issues to extract
- grind, definitively it prefers a fine one
- airflow, it's very open but you have to restrict your draw by yourself to get good vapor
- abv, it's one of my convection vape which is giving the lighter in colour abv, yellowish, though it looks like most goodies was extracted
- abv(2), I noticed if i want to go darker I get a burnt taste even without burning load but only a dark spot
- Hits, usually the first one is slightly whisp but tasty as F*, 2nd hit is a very big hit, you get a few more and it's depleted (the load, not the battery!)
- stirs, I stir but the maker said to just shake, although i'm so used to stirring I usually forgot to shake
- T°, it looks like there is some differences between units (and peoples also!) cause I tend to use higher T° than @Berimbolero expected, I'm using mine between 240°C and 255°C
- modes: still use exclusively or close the on-demand mode, didn't got any luck with the cruise mod although i only tried to use them like they come without to change any setting
- Taste: initially i had a "muted" taste... but i believe it was only cause the break down "new thing" cause now the taste is pretty amazing
- Clouds, they are very big if you want and if you are paying attention about what you do (restrict draw mainly) you can vape a whole small bowl in 2 or 3 hits!

Can't wait to see the "true" production units! They will be amazing for sure!

Last edited:

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hi others TKV testers, how do you use your unit? I still have to find the perfect technic... sometimes it's nice for sipping and enjoying arômas and sometimes it's nice to pull out some big clouds but I like the sweet spot in-between... I use mine mainly with on-demand mode and rarely used the Cruise mode although I'm afraid I'm missing something...? So if you can get nice enough to share about your favourite technic with the TKV...?

About load size too, if I understood well @Berimbolero just throwed a pinch or two and shake between hits to stir... I found a bigger load allow bigger clouds and to tamp down a little helps to avoid hot spots, with loosely filled load the hot air follows the shorter path creating (small) hotspots. How do you load? Do you stir or shake?

I don't stir with the TM but the load is very small (I set the screen to a Vapcap load size).
TIA

Berimbolero

Manufacturer
Hi Everyone

Apologies for being inactive online for the past month. I'll try to reply to the posts I've missed.

Another value that users could play around with to fine tune their heaters is the power wattage, the mods usually go up to 70w.

To change this:

click 4 times on the fire button. (the text should start flashing).
Scroll thru with up/down to get to PWR.
Click right/up button to edit.
Use up/down button to inc/dec wattage value.

I'll try to experiment with different combinations like maybe a higher wattage with a lower coil resistance value and see if any difference in draw technique and vapor production happens.

Berimbolero

Manufacturer
I might be interested in a metal version. I have no love for 3d printed plastic at all, it looks untidy.
With the current production still dependent on retrofitting existing box mods, it might take a while before metal versions can be made. The overall dimensions and button orientations of the chips all vary depending on the model it was taken from. Metal is costly to have machined in small quantities.

The electronic chip is the main problem really to get the production going. I was able to talk to a big vape manufacturer that offers ODM services which actually includes the production of the chip but the amount required for their MOQ is vastly out of reach currently.

Hi others TKV testers, how do you use your unit? I still have to find the perfect technic... sometimes it's nice for sipping and enjoying arômas and sometimes it's nice to pull out some big clouds but I like the sweet spot in-between... I use mine mainly with on-demand mode and rarely used the Cruise mode although I'm afraid I'm missing something...? So if you can get nice enough to share about your favourite technic with the TKV...?

About load size too, if I understood well @Berimbolero just throwed a pinch or two and shake between hits to stir... I found a bigger load allow bigger clouds and to tamp down a little helps to avoid hot spots, with loosely filled load the hot air follows the shorter path creating (small) hotspots. How do you load? Do you stir or shake?

I don't stir with the TM but the load is very small (I set the screen to a Vapcap load size).
TIA
You mentioned humidity in your other post and that may play a factor. It was a really dry summer here when I was building and testing the heaters of the first few orders. You could try using cruise mode as like a warmup function, like leave it in cruise for 15-30 secs before continuing with an on demand hit.

Load size, you can fully fill up the bowl if that is how much you'd like to consume. A full bowl for me usually weighs from 0.15g to under 0.2g

I don't usually get hotspots with lesser amount of loads. I just make sure the load is evenly spread within the circular shape of the bowl. Some buds, I guess the sticky ones, usually need to be poked around to get spread evenly.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Since a week I have best reliable performances but it happened I increased a lot the set temp, I'm now using it at 250°C, lowered coil at 0.239, lowered power at 48w and got solid clouds similar to the ones I have out of my TinyMight but have to draw noticeably slower and for longer also. I don't get a blackened abv and stirs/shake every 2-3 hits. I always found the TM taste a bit "roasted", it's not the case with the TKV, taste is more "floral" and let the strain to exprim himself!

Hi @Berimbolero is the body the bigger issue to keep you away to follow the artisan path, maybe it's a better path than trying to mass product it, less risky but not effortless though... why not a wood encasing, or semi wood/semi metal ?

Top Bottom