ConVex by Entheos Devices (formerly Tokedvapors)

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker
I found this unit on IG. So far he has 10 units available. The heater is the same style as tafee bowl is what I was told. The unit I purchased has the dna chip with tubo. I believe the stem and mouthpiece is 10mm. Hopefully if PayPal gets back up and running for him I can finish my purchase and get it shipped my way.
The IG is @tokedvapors the name is pending with the current vague vape ban in America.
I will let the maker know I’ve made this thread. He wanted to answer any questions people may have.
Hey man. I’ve been good. Getting along at my new job n what not. This should be in the mail today for me. Idk what he’s going to name it. It was tokedvapors but with vape ban the name is changing I think

@ChilledAsian has tested this vape and it’s actually where I heard of it from as he knows the maker

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
This looks pretty cool, can't tell if it is DIY or machined parts, but he is setting up tubo software for regulation and all of its features, using DNA chips? I wonder if he asked FJ about this, if he is going to be selling them, full on as a company...

Shit Snacks,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
This looks pretty cool, can't tell if it is DIY or machined parts, but he is setting up tubo software for regulation and all of its features, using DNA chips? I wonder if he asked FJ about this, if he is going to be selling them, full on as a company...
I am pretty sure if he managed to transfer the TUBO software for DNA chip/platform,ii guess @funkyjunky might be more than happy to see some doing all that legwork ,lol..
https://www.instagram.com/tokedvapors/ Looks 3d printed to me .
@iDRINKBLEACH You sure it is not just another Chip ?

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Tuboevic is GPL. Anyone using it in a product as is or in a derivative form must publish their full source code to comply with the license.

AFAIK the DNA75 is using an Atmel SAMD21 ARM chip and I don't think the Nuvoton chips are 1:1 clones, there's always some proprietary parts even if they are using the same ARM core. So the init. code and I/O mappings must be tweaked I think.

I don't know for other DNA variants. I got an old DNA30 but the chip is blank of any markings.

So yeah as long as he complies with the license, it's okay. But that means he has to give back to the community. Tuboevic is after all based on my_evic in the first place.

Berimbolero

Manufacturer
Hi, I'm the maker of tokedvapors.

Here is my DIY thread here on FC a few years back, https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/pocketable-tc-box-mod-concept-for-dry-herb.26267/

Yes, all the exterior parts are 3D printed while all parts that are related to vapor production are a combination of different materials. CNC'd PEEK and zirconia for the heating chamber that contains the SS316 coils, borosilicate glass bowl, CNC'd aluminum and steel vapor path with a borosilicate glass stem as the mouthpiece. Airpath is fully isoloated.

As for tubo firmware related stuff, yes I have talked with FJ and we have a royalty fee set up for all devices that will come pre-installed with his firmware. Currently, I only have a few tubo compatible mods on hand. Compatible tubo mods are getting harder and harder to find right now, so I most likely will be shifting to AF firmware compatible mods after.

Last edited:

iDRINKBLEACH

Accessory Maker
He 3D printed some I believe some of the body and he had parts machined also. Hopefully he can join in to tell us more in detail.
I am pretty sure if he managed to transfer the TUBO software for DNA chip/platform,ii guess @funkyjunky might be more than happy to see some doing all that legwork ,lol..
https://www.instagram.com/tokedvapors/ Looks 3d printed to me .
@iDRINKBLEACH You sure it is not just another Chip ?
0000EEBF-0FD6-4A0C-A922-7979380529FC.png
I guess he said tubo firmware compatible. I’m wondering if the chip he used is the same as one that is already set up for tubo? Electronics is my downfall as enthusiasts, chips, firmware etc.

edit—- maker is here now as I posted this.

Shit Snacks

Hi, I'm the maker of tokedvapors.

Here is my DIY thread here on FC a few years back, https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/pocketable-tc-box-mod-concept-for-dry-herb.26267/

Yes, all the exterior parts are 3D printed while all parts that are related to vapor production are a combination of different materials. CNC'd PEEK and zirconia for the heating chamber that contains the SS316 coils, borosilicate glass bowl, CNC'd aluminum and steel vapor path with a borosilicate glass stem as the mouthpiece. Airpath is fully isoloated.

As for tubo firmware related stuff, yes I have talked with FJ and we have a royalty fee set up for all devices that will come pre-installed with his firmware. Currently, I only have a few tubo compatible mods on hand. Compatible tubo mods are getting harder and harder to find right now, so I most likely will be shifting to AF firmware compatible mods after.

Very intriguing indeed! Great to have you here, looking forward to more :tup:

Berimbolero

Manufacturer
As a formal introduction, here's quick overview of the design:

The design was focused on creating a compact design, easily pocketable, with these features in mind:

-true on demand heat up
-replaceable 18650
-fully cleanable vapor path
-easy draw technique

As far as dimensions go. The current version is as tall as a Pax and as wide as the Da Vinci IQ2

Currently running the tubo firmware with a P80 chip retrofitted into a 3D printed exterior. So, attaching the convection system to other chipsets and customized setups that are not "compact form factor" focused is a definite possibility. Right now, I only have a few joyetech vtc mini and wismec presa mods that can be used as well. These tubo compatible box mods are getting harder to find and I most likely will port to another firmware if FJ isn't releasing any compatibility updates for his firmware soon.

For the convection system, the material is contained in a glass bowl. It is activated by air heated with SS316 coils housed in a zirconia ceramic chamber, the said chamber is sitting inside a PEEK enclosure. The resulting vapor from drawing goes through an aluminum and steel chamber that connects to a glass stem acting as a mouthpiece.

169935953-283950146565976-588595621933078693-n.jpg

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

As a formal introduction, here's quick overview of the design:

The design was focused on creating a compact design, easily pocketable, with these features in mind:

-true on demand heat up
-replaceable 18650
-fully cleanable vapor path
-easy draw technique

As far as dimensions go. The current version is as tall as a Pax and as wide as the Da Vinci IQ2

Currently running the tubo firmware with a P80 chip retrofitted into a 3D printed exterior. So, attaching the convection system to other chipsets and customized setups that are not "compact form factor" focused is a definite possibility. Right now, I only have a few joyetech vtc mini and wismec presa mods that can be used as well. These tubo compatible box mods are getting harder to find and I most likely will port to another firmware if FJ isn't releasing any compatibility updates for his firmware soon.

For the convection system, the material is contained in a glass bowl. It is activated by air heated with SS316 coils housed in a zirconia ceramic chamber, the said chamber is sitting inside a PEEK enclosure. The resulting vapor from drawing goes through an aluminum and steel chamber that connects to a glass stem acting as a mouthpiece.

169935953-283950146565976-588595621933078693-n.jpg

Nice work, sounds like a must-have to me! :tup:

JCat

Accessory Maker
The heater is the same style as tafee bowl is what I was told.
I'm not sure about this ... maybe the same element material (ie. SS316), however, I believe the Tafee Bowle uses a temperature sensor (thermocouple) in the air path to regulate temperature, similar to a Hopper Labs IO/GH, whereas this unit uses a mod (DNA, AF, Tubo, ...) that uses known resistance values of materials to regulate temperature.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
I'm not sure about this ... maybe the same element material (ie. SS316), however, I believe the Tafee Bowle uses a temperature sensor (thermocouple) in the air path to regulate temperature, similar to a Hopper Labs IO/GH, whereas this unit uses a mod (DNA, AF, Tubo, ...) that uses known resistance values of materials to regulate temperature.
You are right about that ,but which one is better ? There is whole class of temp sensors called RTD and they are known for their precision . Imo using the heater/coil itself as a barebones RTD sensor saves on the lag between heater and sensor :)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resistance_thermometer

JCat

Accessory Maker
You are right about that ,but which one is better ? There is whole class of temp sensors called RTD and they are known for their precision . Imo using the heater/coil itself as a barebones RTD sensor saves on the lag between heater and sensor :)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resistance_thermometer
The one you are measuring the temperature of the air which I believe will be more accurate as far as temperature control, as the other you are measuring the temperature of the coil; so the one measuring the air will be much more accurate as far as varying power to accommodate for differences in speed of inhale, etc., especially considering it is a convection based vape. Just my 2 cents of course ... but I believe the IO and TB are unique in that they are the only vapes that use a temp sensor to adjust power based on actual/current air temp.

(and @Berimbolero , I'm not knocking your vape :) , it does look like a good design and very interesting. Looks like it's incorporated a lot of great features such as the ceramic/zirconia bowl, the down-flow from the heater to bowl, and a vapour path that looks like it will be good for cooling, all while maintaining a compact form)

Berimbolero

Manufacturer
(and @Berimbolero , I'm not knocking your vape :) , it does look like a good design and very interesting. Looks like it's incorporated a lot of great features such as the ceramic/zirconia bowl, the down-flow from the heater to bowl, and a vapour path that looks like it will be good for cooling, all while maintaining a compact form)
I know haha, it never came off that way to me.

Since electronic circuitry has been brought up, can anyone give their thoughts about what the best alternative chipsets that could be paired with? Are there any dry herb vaping dedicated chips out there already?

JCat

Accessory Maker
I know haha, it never came off that way to me.

Since electronic circuitry has been brought up, can anyone give their thoughts about what the best alternative chipsets that could be paired with? Are there any dry herb vaping dedicated chips out there already?
If you can find an AF circuit board (not a full mod), that would be sweet :) (Let me know if you find one!) Nothing against DNA mods ... they are great ... but no auto-fire and not worth the extra vs AF ... however, DNA circuit boards are easy to get :)

Berimbolero

Manufacturer
Looks like there has been a mix up about the chips. Let me clarify that they are NOT DNA chips I am using chipsets from wismec/joyetech brands.. Sorry for this, I totally missed it. ✌️

iDRINKBLEACH

Accessory Maker
Payment sent. Should be shipped today or tomorrow is what I was told. When I get I will do a first impression, 3 day review and 2 week. After that I’m going to send to a buddy so he can test it out. I really wish I could do videos with me talking in it. Damn governor kristi noem . I remember the 2 months it was legalized recreationally lmao.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Me too, just payed for one... I understood there will be a week delay but I'm probably not in the 10 first units. We will share our impressions very soon @iDRINKBLEACH , I'll probably send mine to a friend who is in the retail business for further inspection and intensive&extensive testing!

Shit Snacks

Me too, just payed for one... I understood there will be a week delay but I'm probably not in the 10 first units. We will share our impressions very soon @iDRINKBLEACH , I'll probably send mine to a friend who is in the retail business for further inspection and intensive&extensive testing!

Nice! I was not sure they were even on sale yet for pre order, I reached out to them to share ideas, and that wasn't mentioned, though I didn't ask to purchase yet, hard to know what stage of development this was in so I just wanted to be helpful ahead of being able to test... Oh well no rush for me I guess!

iDRINKBLEACH

Accessory Maker
I got it today. I’ve only got to run a couple sessions through it. It hits well, I am getting a little hot spotting not horrible but enough Im stirring it once. Going to try different heats and draw lengths I totally forgot to show the bowl after the 3 hits. I will post a pic later. It was easy to operate since I own a tetrax. I will post my thoughts on it tomorrow after having it for one night. Oh yeah mine has a p80 chip in it which can shut down after 4 bowls back to back by then the device is warm enough I’d shut it down. 4 bowls was plenty it was purely for science lmao. I usually run quite a bit through them right away just to break them in.
Edit- I believe the next ones will have different chips

Top Bottom