To Mighty or not to Mighty?

Steamer

Hi everyone! As of late I'm considering the purchase of my first vaporizer and as with all vape products, there is more choice than one needs. Also I wasn't sure if I could make the transition, so a friend of mine jumped to the rescue and gave me his Mighty for testing.

After 3 days I concluded that I'm really happy with the performance of this device and even though it's the first vaporizer that I use, I can't find a reason who not to go with this one. The known drawbacks (battery and size) are not really a concern since I'd only use it at home.

I could take the safe option and just buy a Mighty, but I'm also interested in other possibilities. A removable battery would be a huge bonus, but most of all I want a high efficiency (more bang for your bud) and reliability/safety. As for the budget: I'll pay for quality but I can't justify spending a ridiculous amount of money.

I've also read that a Mighty+ is on its way, but I've read discussions that are almost 1 year old and still no sign of it...

wastedpotential

I'm not expert, but I think a Mighty is an excellent choice for a 'first vape'.
First, you have already used one and enjoyed it. That is most important.
My Crafty is very consistent, and is now my backup for when the 'newer and better' vapes have issues.

Then, hopefully, as you experiment more, you can look at some of the newer vapes like TinyMight (which is great but has customer service issues) or any of the other many good vapes.

Steamer

Oh yes, the Tinymight! Been looking at that one for as long as I'm looking for a suitable device. Customer service however is very important to me and to be honest, it all sounds a bit too good to be true. But they're both in the same price range and it would be my second choice.

How is your Crafty holding up? The battery and quality issues put me off and since then I'm only considering the Mighty. But if it's any good this one could fill the gap until I decide to go for a TM.

Steamer,
Reactions: Tweakz

ray_

I am new to the Mighty so may have some fresh eyes on this thing. Prior to buying this in December my most used vapes were the Dynavap and the Solo 2, both of which I liked. The donwside of the Dynavap for me is the technique that must be mastered to get consistent results. This is less with an induction heater but is still there. The downside of the Solo 2 for me was needing to slow my draw to get the hits I desired.

The Mighty has no technique to master and you can breathe in as fast or slow as you desire with predictable, consistent results. I like the minimal interface that still has precise temperature control (no app used), You turn it on. It goes to its last heat setting automatically. When it gets there it vibrates. You inhale. That's it. No need to wait beyond the vibration. When it says it's ready it really is. You mention safety as a concern. S&B gave a lot of thought to that for medical certification. There is no glass (a minus for some), and no hot spots. You could hand this to your grandmother and she would know what to do and have no chance of burning herself after a short lesson.

The downside is keeping it clean. Once a week I disassemble the cooling unit and soak it in ISO for several hours, clean with a q-tip, rinse in hot water and let it dry. Once you get used to it it's not that bad. But my Solo 2 was such a breeze to keep clean daily, much easier than the Mighty. Using dosing caps helps with the Mighty.

Jah75

If you are at all interested in On Demand vs a session vape - I would whole-heartedly recommend the Firewood 7 - it really is in a different league than the mighty
1. easier maintenance (by a wide margin)
2. removable - user replaceable batteries
3. great hits
4. heats up in seconds
5. made of walnut vs plastic (can be both good and bad depending on perspective)
6. customizable with vapcap stems
7. great CS (although the same can be said for S&B)
8. amazing flavor (if the Mighty is a 4/8, the FW7 is a 6/8 for flavor)
9. pack as little or as much as you need (.001-.015 as long as you cover the screen)
10. The fun of an ever-changing canvas (hand oils react to wood much prettier than they do to peek)
11. cheaper (1/3 less or so)

ray_ said:
The downside is keeping it clean. Once a week I disassemble the cooling unit and soak it in ISO for several hours, clean with a q-tip, rinse in hot water and let it dry. Once you get used to it it's not that bad. But my Solo 2 was such a breeze to keep clean daily, much easier than the Mighty. Using dosing caps helps with the Mighty.
just a tip - to drastically widen the service gaps - if you pop the cooling unit apart right after a session once every couple days and q-tip the warm reclaim out.
Also - first thing to do is change the cooling unit screen to the finer one included in the packaging

these two things will reduce it quite a bit (but it is still a pain lol)

alo as others have stated - for the same price as a mighty you can get a Tafee Bowle - which I would definitely put way above the mighty

Last edited:

ray_

just a tip - to drastically widen the service gaps - if you pop the cooling unit apart right after a session once every couple days and q-tip the warm reclaim out.
Also - first thing to do is change the cooling unit screen to the finer one included in the packaging

these two things will reduce it quite a bit (but it is still a pain lol)
This idea isn't new to me. But I fail to see how disassembling the cooling unit daily and cleaning it with q-tips and reassembling it is somehow less work than what I described even if that doubles or triples the interval needed for an ISO soak.

ray_,
Reactions: Jill NYC

justcametomind

Hi everyone! As of late I'm considering the purchase of my first vaporizer and as with all vape products, there is more choice than one needs. Also I wasn't sure if I could make the transition, so a friend of mine jumped to the rescue and gave me his Mighty for testing.

After 3 days I concluded that I'm really happy with the performance of this device and even though it's the first vaporizer that I use, I can't find a reason who not to go with this one. The known drawbacks (battery and size) are not really a concern since I'd only use it at home.

I could take the safe option and just buy a Mighty, but I'm also interested in other possibilities. A removable battery would be a huge bonus, but most of all I want a high efficiency (more bang for your bud) and reliability/safety. As for the budget: I'll pay for quality but I can't justify spending a ridiculous amount of money.

I've also read that a Mighty+ is on its way, but I've read discussions that are almost 1 year old and still no sign of it...
First things first, Mighty is an excellent choice.
If you’d only use it at home think also about getting a desktop vape. Are you from US or EU? It changes things a bit because of availability of different vapes/Brexit/taxes when ordering. Talking desktops if you don’t mind slower extraction than with the Mighty the Arizer V Tower is a good entry level desktop vape, just a bit slower but it costs under 100€/$ and is decent enough. I like the volcano better than the mighty and a Volcano classic is almost eternal while a Mighty would wear off a bit after years of use. Used Cano is 150/180 new 300~.
I wouldn’t get an artisan vape like the Tiny might because of many reasons (can scorch your weed, has glass part so if you break it you are vapeless, improving but still not the best customer service) but of course it’s yours choice.
If you don’t want to spend too much V leaf go (70€) or Fury Edge (130€) are very decent portables and have the bonus of being ready to vape in just seconds, like the Tinymight, and not minutes, like the Mighty. But desktops are money better spent than portables, you have better performance, better heat dissipation and no need to invest money on the battery department.
Tafée Bowle is a recent favorite of mine too. Whichever vape you get, try to stick with it for a couple of weeks and don’t ever light a joint. After that time combustion should be a thing of the past. If you indulge in joints during this period (even 1 every few days as a treat) you may never abandon combustion. Getting something that’s able to combust/scorch like a VapCap or an artisan vape can (imho) be counterproductive because of the possible combustion and the risk of ditching vapes altogether if you don’t get technique right.

Last edited:

Steamer

Thanks for the comments regarding the Mighty. What has caught me by surprise, is exactly what ray_ mentions: it just works. And this purchase would definitely make me happy. Dosing caps and stuff like that make my life easy, and after my short experience with the device I can say that it's ticking all the boxes (for now).

Tafee Bowle and Firewood 7 are great recommendations! The first one looks a bit - you know - not the object you would use for that moment :rofl: but will definitely look into it! The Firewood looks awesome and I'm definitely interested in that one.

@justcanmetomind: I live in the EU and I can already say that I'm not planning to go back to combustion. After 1 day I didn't have the terrible covid-like cough in the morning anymore and for that reason alone I'm sticking with a vaporizer. That's why I really need a good device and am willing to pay for quality. My benchmark is the Mighty for now so I need something that delivers at least as good of a punch without emptying my stash too quickly.

RobbIt

I like the Arizer Solo II a lot. Superb build quality, glass vapor path, excellent battery life, easy to clean. It’s periodically available for well under $200 USD.

Thanks for the comments regarding the Mighty. What has caught me by surprise, is exactly what ray_ mentions: it just works. And this purchase would definitely make me happy. Dosing caps and stuff like that make my life easy, and after my short experience with the device I can say that it's ticking all the boxes (for now).

Tafee Bowle and Firewood 7 are great recommendations! The first one looks a bit - you know - not the object you would use for that moment :rofl: but will definitely look into it! The Firewood looks awesome and I'm definitely interested in that one.

@justcanmetomind: I live in the EU and I can already say that I'm not planning to go back to combustion. After 1 day I didn't have the terrible covid-like cough in the morning anymore and for that reason alone I'm sticking with a vaporizer. That's why I really need a good device and am willing to pay for quality. My benchmark is the Mighty for now so I need something that delivers at least as good of a punch without emptying my stash too quickly.
I have a mighty and it’s still the king in my mind but the Solo II is a very close second. See my reasons below. (I can’t seem to edit my post a few minutes ago describing the Solo II).

Steamer

I have a mighty and it’s still the king in my mind but the Solo II is a very close second. See my reasons below. (I can’t seem to edit my post a few minutes ago describing the Solo II).

This one was actually my first choice a few months ago when my vaporizer search started for the first time. This and the DaVinci IQ2 seemed like solid alternatives to the Mighty.

I must say: coming from the ecig world, it's surprising to see how most devices are already a few years old. Same goes for S&B.

Jah75

This idea isn't new to me. But I fail to see how disassembling the cooling unit daily and cleaning it with q-tips and reassembling it is somehow less work than what I described even if that doubles or triples the interval needed for an ISO soak.
when I actually used my mighty I just did it absentmindedly right after a session once every 2-3 days after I removed the load. (pull unit-dump load-replace unit-pop top-qtip-put top back on-put in pouch) I much preferred the incremental hassle to the chore that cleaning the cooling chamber is. Saves a load of solvent as well. YMMV :)

RobbIt

This one was actually my first choice a few months ago when my vaporizer search started for the first time. This and the DaVinci IQ2 seemed like solid alternatives to the Mighty.

I must say: coming from the ecig world, it's surprising to see how most devices are already a few years old. Same goes for S&B.
I have a Davinci Miqro which is similar but smaller than the IQ2. Very good device. And yes, it’s surprising that S&B hasn’t changed much in 20 years! There’s the Crafty+ (no innovation except more battery life) and two digital upgrades to the Volcano. (I have a three year old Classic Volcano which after one warranty repair, it still works perfectly).

ray_

when I actually used my mighty I just did it absentmindedly right after a session once every 2-3 days after I removed the load. (pull unit-dump load-replace unit-pop top-qtip-put top back on-put in pouch) I much preferred the incremental hassle to the chore that cleaning the cooling chamber is. Saves a load of solvent as well. YMMV :)
I've never owned the Mighty during an ISO shortage, like early last year. I can get plenty now. Once I'm done for the day it is generally off to bed after clearing the load and the less I have to do the better. It does use a lot of ISO though for the weekly soak. I soak it in a zip-loc bag so the amount of ISO will be as small as possible while still covering the pieces. Soaking my Dynavap or Solo 2 stem in ISO uses a fraction of the amount.

Also I should mention that my tolerance is on the low side, so I generally only have 1 or maybe 2 dosing capsules per day. For anyone doing 4 ot 5 of those a day, the reclaim might be too much for them in a week.

Steamer

I've never owned the Mighty during an ISO shortage, like early last year. I can get plenty now. Once I'm done for the day it is generally off to bed after clearing the load and the less I have to do the better. It does use a lot of ISO though for the weekly soak. I soak it in a zip-loc bag so the amount of ISO will be as small as possible while still covering the pieces. Soaking my Dynavap or Solo 2 stem in ISO uses a fraction of the amount.

Also I should mention that my tolerance is on th elow side, so I generally only have 1 or maybe 2 dosing capsules per day. For anyone doing 4 ot 5 of those a day, the reclaim might be too much for them in a week.
I'm on 2-3 caps a day and it's been all right. I did however have to clean the device before first use, so I already had a taste of the process :lol:
I had a look at it earlier today and it was still close to completely clean. Only the mesh in the mouthpiece was slightly gunked up. The air inlet however had quite some condensation, that was a true pain to clean

RobbIt

I’d love to hear more about the upgraded Mighty + from anyone who has news. Hopefully there will be innovations that go well beyond a more robust battery.
PS my Mighty battery has had less than 50 charges and is down to 45 minutes usage after a full charge. And, I’m on my FOURTH Crafty due to precipitous battery life decline.

Jah75

I’d love to hear more about the upgraded Mighty + from anyone who has news. Hopefully there will be innovations that go well beyond a more robust battery.
PS my Mighty battery has had less than 50 charges and is down to 45 minutes usage after a full charge. And, I’m on my FOURTH Crafty due to precipitous battery life decline.
2 things:
1. I have no information - but my thoughts are that it will carry improved heat-up, Bluetooth, and improved battery performance at the most (think Crafty+ changes)
2. You should check here on FC about the Crafty self-replaceable batteries (https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/custom-crafty-battery-packs-for-easy-replacement.26243/)

RobbIt

2 things:
1. I have no information - but my thoughts are that it will carry improved heat-up, Bluetooth, and improved battery performance at the most (think Crafty+ changes)
2. You should check here on FC about the Crafty self-replaceable batteries
Thank you Jah75! I didn’t know about Crafty battery DIY.

Steamer

Well, I'd be completely happy with better batteries. Smartphone apps are great, but I don't want to spend my time with a vape in one hand and a phone in the other.

It's actually not that bad on the Mighty that I have, but I'd hate to buy one and see a new release in the weeks after.

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
very good advices already placed here ...
for me:
mighty / crafty were my favorites until I bought my Tinymight in Jan 2000.
now I don't even touch my crafty, because I also have the fw7 for when I want a little conduction
Tinymight all day

darbarikanada

Troy still thinks the mighty's tops:

https://420vapezone.com/

"Best Dry Herb Vaporizer The Mighty

The Storz & Bickel Mighty is still my number 1 vape, even in 2020.

Vapor from the Mighty is smooth and delicious and the vape itself is incredibly simple and easy to use. The Mighty is powerful enough for fat bong rips while being gentle enough to share with Grandma.

The Mighty vaporizes .15g of dry herb / cannabis in 6-10 clouds over a 3 or-4 minute sesh. That’s a fraction of a joint and the Mighty will get you HIGHER!"

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Troy still thinks the mighty's tops:
I think it is pretty good for a first vape as it just works, great for getting people off combusting. ...just too much aluminium (heater, bowl and caps :disgust:) and plastic with non user-replaceable batteries (unless you like to tinker) for me.
Also, once their taste buds start working again and can appreciate flavor again...get a WoodScents as it has much better flavor and is much more efficient than a Mighty:2c:

blackstone

It's actually not that bad on the Mighty that I have, but I'd hate to buy one and see a new release in the weeks after.
If you're interested in the best price someone might help you here. I saw it as low as €269 shipped just now with a quick look.
Also, not sure if you're aware, but one of the biggest sales in the vape calender is coming on or around 20th April and the Mighty should have really good discounts, if you can keep your friends Mighty for that long ☺
Maybe by then you could choose between a great Mighty deal or a possible new Mighty+ if it does arrive by then!
But maybe you need something sooner. Good luck and enjoy!

Top Bottom